We've made Jimmy from 7-11 to Chick-fil-A

ludakrishna

Reaction score
He used to be 7-11 "Always Open", and now he's Chick-fil-A "Closed on Sundays". Maybe a few trained eyes can better comment, but from what I saw, we missed getting him the ball on at least 5 occasions when he was wide open.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I read MMQB this morning, and there was a bit about Hue Jackson and how he has always wanted a tight end in the passing game so is game planning more and more to get Tyler Eifert involved, and Eifert has been the best TE in football not named Gronk so far after two weeks.

Gee.. that would be nice huh? An OC that actually game plans around a weapon in the passing game.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Luke Willson was targeted 4 times to Graham's 2 last night. Mind you he made an amazing one handed grab - but that is just insane. They should throw his way at least 12 times against Chicago.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm not sure Graham is the right player for this team. He's not a guy who gets great separation to make plays, he's a guy who catches balls in traffic.

Russ/Pete don't like risky plays, throwing into traffic.

The offensive philosophy has to change a little or else Graham is just going to waste (like Zach Miller before).

justafan

Reaction score
I bet its all the SB rings he is wearing are getting in the way.Oh wait NM

I dont think Zach Miller was a waste.He did the things we need our TEs to do.
Thats exactly the type of TE this team needs.

byau

Reaction score
minormillikin":1yzalnc5 said:
I'm not sure Graham is the right player for this team. He's not a guy who gets great separation to make plays, he's a guy who catches balls in traffic.

Russ/Pete don't like risky plays, throwing into traffic.

The offensive philosophy has to change a little or else Graham is just going to waste (like Zach Miller before).

That's a really great big-picture deep philosophical look at things, completely agree

I don't think it has to do with the offensive philosophy changing. They can still be the same: don't like risky plays. I think that's one of the cornerstones of this offense. What that means though is learning that throwing to Jimmy Graham in traffic is NOT a risky play. Keep the philosophy, just learn how to apply it in each situation.

Such as:

1) throwing a screen pass OVER a crowded pass rush, kinda risky
2) throwing a long ball to Lockett and making him go get it, acceptable risk - Lockett's got that extra level of speed and at the worst incomplete
3) throwing a ball to Jimmy in traffic, acceptable risk - he can box and extend and sky, probably even get a few defensive PIs