Michael Bennett's offsides problem

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This has been festering for over a year now. It never seems to be corrected. He seems to get these at critical times which keep opponent drives alive. I think fines are in order. He should be fined a certain amount $ for each time he jumps offsides. If it was one off, that's one thing but he's doing with regularity. He's pretty consistent with those.

kf3339

Reaction score
This is something that is on PC. He is the defensive guru who built that side of the ball, so it's up to him to sit Bennett down and make it clear to him that this has to stop for good.

He is just too good of a player to continue having this problem.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I feel like he is the only one that gets consistent pressure. The penalties need to stop, but we need someone else to get to the QB to help him out. Frank? Cliff and Bruce are too hit and miss. Maybe Benett thinks he has to do it all.

cHawkPhan

Reaction score
It's getting ridiculous. He led the league last year in offside/neutral zone infractions, two penalties of 22 yards and 30 yards cost us the first TD v. the Packers, and a 52 yard pi penalty because Rogers made the most of the free plays Bennet was giving him led to a field goal. That's 104 free yards and 10 of the 13 first half points given up pretty much on him. ...And he wants a raise?!?!
I thought we should've sat Bennett and got Clark in there. I didn't see Frank much, but when I did see him he was disruptive, penetrating into backfield and was not giving up free points or penalty yards.
I know this is speaking out of frustration, but I'm seriously thinking Kam>Bennett and and a more experienced Frank could be =Bennett.
Get some picks out of Bennett, pay Kam, start Clark and let's make our run.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawkfan68":235s49wc said:
I think fines are in order. He should be fined a certain amount $ for each time he jumps offsides. If it was one off, that's one thing but he's doing with regularity. He's pretty consistent with those.

So you WANT a mutiny?

Good luck with that. :lol:

Might as well start fining Wilson every time he bails from above the pocket without pressure, fining ET3 every time he lunges instead of squaring up in run support, and fining Graham ever time he doesn't hold his run block. Heck, while you're at it you might as well sign Najeh Davenport to a one day contract and have him sneak into DeMaurice Smith's house and take a dump in his laundry basket.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Yeah. Fining Bennett for jumping offsides is laughable. Dude is the best player on this defense. He can get it corrected. I actually liken Bennett's neutral zone infractions and offsides penalties to the personal fouls Giacomini's used to commit. When Bennett draws a flag, make him sit for a few plays or that series. Worked for Breno.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":195crme7 said:
Yeah. Fining Bennett for jumping offsides is laughable. Dude is the best player on this defense. He can get it corrected. I actually liken Bennett's neutral zone infractions and offsides penalties to the personal fouls Giacomini's used to commit. When Bennett draws a flag, make him sit for a few plays or that series. Worked for Breno.

He hasn't corrected it yet and it was a problem last season too.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Up until now, Bennett has been willing to trade the occasional offsides penalty for the mortal fear that he strikes into the heart of opposing QB's.

I think last night, Pete tapped him on the shoulder and let him know that it was no longer an acceptable trade.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I just assume Bennett is going offsides 10 times a game to punish us for not giving him more money.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Against a QB like Rodgers, once he is over the line he should just continue... the ball is going to get snapped anyways. Lets see how Rodgers likes those free plays when he can still see 72 tattooed on his torso in reverse 2 weeks later.

The ones that are completely inexcusable are the ones where he is lined up in the neutral zone.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3m3qkmzf said:
Up until now, Bennett has been willing to trade the occasional offsides penalty for the mortal fear that he strikes into the heart of opposing QB's.

I think last night, Pete tapped him on the shoulder and let him know that it was no longer an acceptable trade.

At the very least, it's not ok against AAron Rodgers or probably Tom Brady, who will undoubtedly make you pay for it.