Offensive Line

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I'm happy with the way the o-line played tonight. Not too many penalties last night. Hopefully he's not out too long. I do believe this line is making progress. The schedule gets easier for them so better chances to improve chemistry.
The only thing that concerns me is how long Sweezy is out for.

What do ya'll think?

jblaze

Reaction score
I don't think Sweezy missed more than one play last night, he should be fine. The only injury reported was a hip flexor for Steven Terrell.

Regarding the O Line, well that's a work in progress. I think they'll likely be better than last year's team in pass pro but not nearly as good in run blocking and that's our bread and butter. They just don't seem to have that physicality or nastiness to them to get push

It'll be slow going for a while and the run game will be slowed but I hope they pick it up soon before it's too late.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Okung had his normal false start drive killing penalty and Sweezy was called for a questionable 15 yarder. All told two drives killed by stupid penalties. They were definitely better though.

justafan

Reaction score
2.7 yds a carry for Lynch.They still need alot of work.
Im not sure if they pass blocked better or GB was trying to keep Wilson in the pocket.They did give him plenty of time to throw though.

OP
OP
D

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
justafan":2v469nkh said:
2.7 yds a carry for Lynch.They still need alot of work.
Im not sure if they pass blocked better or GB was trying to keep Wilson in the pocket.They did give him plenty of time to throw though.

A) Lynch won't break open many holes with such a young o-line in the first few games
B) Didn't help the other team knew Lynch would get more carries.

The more gametime this line gets, the more holes they will open up for Lynch.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Better in pass pro last night. Not surprising considering the Pack front 7 ain't the Lambs' front 7. Nice to see some clean pockets for Russ and nice to see him stay in them and find 2nd options in the passing game.

Run blocking very disappointing however.

marko358

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":11sxfeka said:
Run blocking very disappointing however.

I thought this was Cable's strength as an OLine coach. Hope to see some big improvement next week.

canfan

Reaction score
I see improvement week to week. They still have a way to go in working together to open creases for Marshawn to run through. Way too often, the guys on the backside were missing their cut blocks. That didn't allow Lynch to cut back, which is where a lot of his big yardage comes from. I think they will get there though.