Something to make you laugh

seanoob

Reaction score
I know this happens a bunch in the world of card collecting, but check out this card my son pulled from his topps pack last night...

Bobby51

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
I thought I was going to a millionaire by this time with my card collection in the early 90s. Now they're not worth the paper they are printed on.

OP
OP
S

seanoob

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":1scgk725 said:
I thought I was going to a millionaire by this time with my card collection in the early 90s. Now they're not worth the paper they are printed on.

The 90s were a dark time for card collecting. Some of my favorite cards from that time were misprints - brett 'farve' and a reverse negative juan gonzalez (donruss).

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
You need to hang on to that and get a case for it. Error cards like that are often extremely valuable. Especially if both Wagner and Irvin go on to have really good careers. That's probably a 1 of a kind card.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
john-travolta-tshirt.jpg

OP
OP
S

seanoob

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":1x0kgj12 said:
You need to hang on to that and get a case for it. Error cards like that are often extremely valuable. Especially if both Wagner and Irvin go on to have really good careers. That's probably a 1 of a kind card.

I think if it were a higher end card, that might be the case. At any rate, it's a fun one to have around.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":1l52msud said:
They are only valuable if they make corrections, and have different "varieties". Look up the Billy Ripken error card from '89 or '90 with the swear word written on the knob of his bat. I think it was fleer and there was at least 7 different versions of that card.

OP
OP
S

seanoob

Reaction score
minormillikin":3fhyvt5w said:
That would be a good card to get signed by both players.

Not a bad idea. Probably should get Irvin to sign before the year is up.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
You should ask Wagner to sign it first. Don't even mention the error. I'd love to hear about his reaction.