My thoughts on why Seahawks start slow this season

seahawks08

Reaction score
I truly believe we are getting to where we want, we just need to clean up some stuff here and there. Here is my thoughts on why we start slow

1. Coaches carousel. Losing two coaches does have an impact on the team. It takes some time for the schemes and communication to get set.

2. Revolving OL: Our O Line is just getting their feet wet after two games. I saw great improvement from last time, but we still have not worked on creating holes for the running game.

3. RW: Thinking too much. He is over correcting himself after the last game. He threw the ball too quick while the pocket was still holding. This is from what he faced in the Rams game with a killer DL that was giving us problems all day. He needs to clear his mind and go back to the 1-0 philosophy. When you over think, he starts running more, while that is fine for certain drives, he needs to believe in his receivers and make the plays more in the rhythm. He is still learning how to read the defense and it will take some time for him to grow to that. His balls had zip on most of the throws and sometimes he needs to adjust his speed based on the play forming and where you put the ball. I am sure he will work towards getting there. He is not utilizing the height of Jimmy on one on one coverage, he is still more comfortable with Baldwin and Kearse. Hopefully he will start trusting all his receivers equally and put the ball where he needs to.

4. Earl and Sherman not game ready yet. They have missed preseason and OTA's, they are not game ready yet. They should be now.

I still love our chances. If we had the same team like last year or the year before, we still would have been 0-2 given the two teams we played in the start of the season in my opinion.