Earl Thomas

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Is it me, or as he looked really average the past two games?

I think he is either rusty or still not fully healthy.

I can't remember the last time I've watched two Seahawk games in a row where Earl didn't flash out to me once.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Earl's first two games back after injury. These were preseason for him. I thought he played better this game than he did the last, but I think that was more of a function of our D playing better.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He looked much more like himself last night than against the Rams. He was constantly a step behind week 1. He was flying around more so last night. I think it's just a matter of getting back to game speed. Luckily, I don't think our secondary will have a bigger challenge than playing Rodgers in Green Bay the rest of the season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He caused a fumble at a crucial time last week against the Rams. Not flash enough for you?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Earl is at his best when Kam was making all the defensive play calls and shifts, that allows him to just run around like a crazy man using his speed and instincts.

Now we're seeing an uncomfortable Earl who's having to make the DB calls trying to get all these new guys into position. So that's slowing him down and causing hesitation because he can't completely trust that everyone's doing what they're suppose to be doing.

He looks healthy, I just see some hesitation........which is causing him to get to plays late. Thus the missed tackles and not breaking up passes he normally breaks up (or intercepts).

RCATES

Reaction score
Its pretty simple. No Kam. He's usually all over the field making tackles. He's staying back now to help with coverage almost exclusively now. Its amazing how much different this defense looks without Kam. Teams are going across the middle on us like crazy. Our defense has lost its swagger and no longer is feared plain and simple.