What will be your breaking point???

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
For me, if we don't beat the breaks off of this Jimmy Clausen led team this weekend, at home, I'm going to lose it. And I'm not certain he didn't cut us up. We have a habit of allowing pedestrian QBs look like first ballot HOFers (Austin Davis, etc.) It always seems to be road games where it happens, but if Clausen goes 20-27 with 200 yards and a TD with no picks I'm going to puke.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
if we lose this week we are done imo...wont break but would be pissed off. As long as we win and really should win big vs a crappy bears team

RezHawk

Reaction score
After living through the 90's I'm pretty sure I have no "Breaking point".

We will handle our business against the Bears next weekend and all will be right in the world again.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RezHawk":38w385gj said:

This.

I watched every minute of the 2-14 season. If I can do that, I can certainly handle an 0-2 start and the prospects of not having a great season.

I don't think that's going to happen, we should right the ship and make another run at the playoffs. BUT, if for some reason we don't? I have faith in Pete and John to make the necessary changes to get us back.

But this is a conversation for December, not September.

bandiger

Reaction score
Nothing really, I've seen worse. At least this franchise ain't the Browns/Texans/etc.

xgeoff

Reaction score
RezHawk":19q9fv7g said:

We will handle our business against the Bears next weekend and all will be right in the world again.

LOL, exactly what I was thinking.

Threedee

Reaction score
Crap, I forgot Cutler got injured. Well, the Da Bears have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. On offense, their #1 WR is banged-up and their rookie WR is out for the year. That basically leaves them with Bennett and Forte. Even Gould is showing signs of slowing down after being a superb kicker.

minormillikin

Reaction score
/slowclap for everyone saying they're such superfans that nothing could ever shake your Seahawks loyalty.

I'm with you, but you're missing the OP's point probably...

I think my "breaking point," meaning for me that my expectations for the season have detoured hard south, would be losing both of the next two games. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to squeak out some ugly wins, but losing at home to a couple not-so-great teams would be a dark omen.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If I survived Mirer, Kitna, Huard, Stan Gelbaugh, Dan McGwire, winning against the Patriots in 1992 for no damn reason, John Freisz, Jim Mora, Dennis Erickson, a near move to LA, Hutchinson leaving, Ruskell approaching FA like Madden 2016 when all the old guys are sitting there looking for a job, Joey Greedyway holding out, Koren Robinson dropping more balls than Cinemax, Darrell Jackson dropping more balls than Cinemax, Bobby Engram dropping a TD against the Rams, the Rams owning us for a few years under Mike Martz, Kelly Jennings, Jerramy Stevens dropping more balls than Cinemax, trying to get excited about Michael Bumpus at WR, Ray Rhodes and his napkin defense, trading Ahman Green for a small fry, letting Brett Favre "look like a kid again!" as he's lobbing snowballs at teammates during a playoff blowout, "We Want The Ball and We're Gonna Score!", Vinny Testaverde winning a game with his white helmet, Anthony Wright having the game of his life with just lob passes at Shawn Springs, the Ravens getting 4 timeouts, Julius Jones running untouched on MNF, Terrell Owens scoring a TD and autographing it with a Sharpie, and 10000 other things that have happened to this franchise... well..

I don't know if I really have a breaking point.

If we lose Sunday to this hapless Bears team, it will probably mark the end of any hopes to get back to the Super Bowl.. or even the playoffs.. but breaking point? Nah.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
minormillikin":emr1xuc1 said:

I think my "breaking point," meaning for me that my expectations for the season have detoured hard south, would be losing both of the next two games. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to squeak out some ugly wins, but losing at home to a couple not-so-great teams would be a dark omen.

It's a poorly worded question, which is why people are taking this thread in a different direction.

Breaking point infers that we have a threshold that we'll no longer be fans? Be disappointed? Like "That's it I'm done!"

None of us would ever have a breaking point, THAT'S the answer.

Now if you want to ask at what point would I consider this a lost season or the point where I've written off 2015? If we don't make the playoffs, not a down or second before.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is no breaking point, been a Hawks fan since the franchise was obtained.

I am getting fed up with Bevell's inability to use the talent he has effectively, and would like to see better play from the OLine.

Will be nice to see the team playing at home for a few games, hopefully the they can right a few things.

kobebryant

Reaction score
No breaking point. Seahawks could go 0-16 and I would still see sports for what it is - entertainment.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious the question is not "when will you stop being a Seahawks fan?"

Though that would be an amusing thread. For me it would be when they move to OKC.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a breaking point, but if we're not 2-2 after Lions leave town there will be cause for concern about this season. I will always be a twelve.

SC

byau

Reaction score
minormillikin":3d1p5w9k said:
/slowclap for everyone saying they're such superfans that nothing could ever shake your Seahawks loyalty.

Good point. Breaking point for me would be when I've given up on this season. Meaning, giving up on them winning the Super Bowl.

I'm one of those terrible romantic die-hards ... pretty much as long as there's a chance (well, a 1% chance), I haven't hit my breaking point.

g1337436914921846786.jpg