Kam' holdout is starting to look familiar

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I'm sure you all remember a certain Seahawk who held out (for different reasons albeit) and did not return until WEEK 8 of the season, with no new contract. Just his tail between his legs and his reputation with the team tarnished. He was never the same after that.

141112-galloway-600x405.jpg

Hopefully Kam does not suffer the same fate.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
At some point, it will be too late and all ties, emotionally and business, will be severed with the franchise. I personally think that the damage cannot be undone. The business relationship has gone sour and it sounds like he's losing the locker room. I would make him pay this season and max fine him, then trade him for draft picks in the offseason.

byau

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":2klu9bcc said:
At some point, it will be too late and all ties, emotionally and business, will be severed with the franchise. I personally think that the damage cannot be undone. The business relationship has gone sour and it sounds like he's losing the locker room. I would make him pay this season and max fine him, then trade him for draft picks in the offseason.

Agreed. this is why I'd look to trade him now, not to give in to Kam, but to sever the ties. Right now if Kam comes back, it's hard to picture a scenario that it will be all roses again, especially with the silly stuff Kam has reportedly said. I mean paid extra for being a player coach? What?

I wonder if you told Kam right now if he doens't show up tomorrow, to not bother coming back because the next time he's in a locker room will be in another team's - and then take the highest bid. I have to think at least one team out there will go so far to offer a 1st.

chawx

Reaction score
No one is going to go out of their way to help out the Seahawks and give us a 1st for Kam. No way!

If we trade him just because the "feels" in the locker room will be too strong to fix, then expect Seattle to get absolutely fleeced on the deal. I'm guessing a 3rd or 4th tops and that would be from a really desperate team like Oakland or Jax. The best case scenario is that he comes back this week and all is forgiven, middle ground is him coming back late in the season like Galloway up there... Trust me, fellas. Trading Kam would end up being the worst thing that could happen for Seattle.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
chawx":q29y4rff said:
No one is going to go out of their way to help out the Seahawks and give us a 1st for Kam. No way!

If we trade him just because the "feels" in the locker room will be too strong to fix, then expect Seattle to get absolutely fleeced on the deal. I'm guessing a 3rd or 4th tops and that would be from a really desperate team like Oakland or Jax. The best case scenario is that he comes back this week and all is forgiven, middle ground is him coming back late in the season like Galloway up there... Trust me, fellas. Trading Kam would end up being the worst thing that could happen for Seattle.

If I was the Vikings I would jump all over offering a first or second rounder. Their SS position is god awful. Pair Harrison Smith with Kam, if healthy, that D could be very very good later in the year and into the next couple years. Right now they are 7th in the league in points given up and just smashed the lions offense

MVP53

Reaction score
chawx":1pkz1pvu said:

Not to mention his new team would just have to tear up his existing contract and pay him a truckload just to placate him.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Both sides haven't talked since September 8th.

Heard that on the radio today. (KJR)

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
TheHawkster":kjwucosm said:

Paul Allen ordered the FO to cease all communications. There will be no more talks. Either Kam comes in or he doesn't. Paul Allen isn't going to blink.

seahawks08

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3svtwvxr said:
TheHawkster":3svtwvxr said:

Paul Allen ordered the FO to cease all communications. There will be no more talks. Either Kam comes in or he doesn't. Paul Allen isn't going to blink.

What that means is if we lose without him, Paul Allen is totally fine with it. He doesn't see the reason for Seahawks as an organization to buckle to a single member holding out. I think the organization will move on and only Kam can decide if he wants to come back and play football and if he does, he is under contract with Seahawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm at the point where I hope the Seahawks don't trade him. Let him sit out, fine him every offseason, and eventually he's going to run out of money and realize what a waste this whole thing was. He can't escape his contract unless the Seahawks let him.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Kam is stubborn. This holdout is 100% on him. Just read his Twitter feed to see what type of guy he is. Don't try and scapegoat is agent.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is nothing any of us can do about this situation. However, the team will seriously lose on more than one front if they give in and redo Kam's deal before the final year. I have to believe that Kam is now positively out about $600 K (game checks and roster bonus) presuming the team relents and doesn't enforce the fines.

All in all, this a no win situation for both sides. Kam won't get paid, and the team won't have Kam. The team is better with him and he is better in this D. Whatever happens won't make anyone happy at this point. If the team enforces his deal and all the fines Kam may be ultimately in a situation where he owes the team money to play this season, and if he doesn't play his contract will toll and he will still be contractually bound to the Hawks for three more years. I wonder if his 'agent' has fully advised him of the no win circumstance he's put himself in.

What a crazy unfortunate situation.

ringless

Reaction score
The most the Seahawks could get for Kam would be around a 3rd. Because they'd also have to have new negotiations in place to tear up the contract with Kam and pay him more. No way a team gives him a first and new contract.

Not only that, Kam has 46 games left on his contract if he reports now. Which means 2/16 games where lost this season on his current contract or 4.16% of his remaining contract has been lost to the holdout. Thus decreasing his value even further. Every day that goes by his trade value drops in the big picture.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ringless":2hhqcklj said:
The most the Seahawks could get for Kam would be around a 3rd. Because they'd also have to have new negotiations in place to tear up the contract with Kam and pay him more. No way a team gives him a first and new contract.

Not only that, Kam has 46 games left on his contract if he reports now. Which means 2/16 games where lost this season on his current contract or 4.16% of his remaining contract has been lost to the holdout. Thus decreasing his value even further. Every day that goes by his trade value drops in the big picture.

Honestly don't think they could even get a 3rd right now. We'd be looking at a Harvin like trade with a low round conditional pick coming our way

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Galloway held out to be the highest paid wide receiver in the league. Kam's contract is for and average salary of 7,000,502, the highest paid strong safety gets paid and average annual salary of 7,003,000. that is only 2500 facking dollars different. cut him a check for $2600 and tell him to get to work, but don't forgive any fines, thats on him and has been 100% his choice.

As he is already virtually the highest paid strong safety and not happy, what is another team expected to do? Pay him like he plays another position and give up a draft pick? Kam has gone off the deep end on this one. There is literally no way he wins this.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I was just thinking this . I remember I ripped his name off the back of my 84 jersey I was so mad at him . i regret doing that every time I look at that jersey in my closet .

djb28

Reaction score
hawkfannj":j1t2f1tj said:
I was just thinking this . I remember I ripped his name off the back of my 84 jersey I was so mad at him . i regret doing that every time I look at that jersey in my closet .
I remember watching a game where a fan wore his Jersey and taped over letters so it read GO AWAY. Cracked me up.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
djb28":20pm3sj3 said:
hawkfannj":20pm3sj3 said:
I remember watching a game where a fan wore his Jersey and taped over letters so it read GO AWAY. Cracked me up.

That's really clever and hilarious.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Maybe we posters should start calling him "Cam" just to piss him off.

My theory is that he's damaged goods with his self-inflicted injury from last year. If he plays now, it'll be clear to everyone that he's not the same player he was before last year's injury. So he can't play now.

The way I see it, with 'Cam' out of the picture, the likelihood of a friendly-fire incident on the Hawks has gone WAY down. And that's a good thing! 'Cam' was the biggest friendly fire offender on the team last year: just ask Sherman, Thomas, Maxwell...and some dude named Kam.

'Cam' is 100% responsible for Sherman's injury.. And from now on, whenever Sherman misses a big play, I'll wonder: "Was that because Sherman didn't have Tommy John surgery this off season after Cam hyper-extended his elbow?"