Chicago Won't Know What Hit Them!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Just looked at the Las Vegas odds for this Sunday's Home opener with the Chicago Bears. We are a -14.5 favorite...the highest this weekend. I'd say that we score over 30 points. What say you?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chicago is on the fast track for the #1 pick, they're that bad.

If we don't put an ass whoopin' on them Sunday then it's time to hit the panic button. 0-2 with a bunch of pissed off players who think they have a SB caliber team, this should be freakin' blood bath.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I also hope so, but this team has a lot of work to do. Chicago ran all over GB, we get 45 yards out of lynch. Oline run blocking gets an F. Defense once again can't hold a 4th quarter lead. Admittedly it wasn't much of a lead and the Offense failed to score in the 4th quarter. While there's still good reason for optimism, this team is a bit of a mess right now. But as Pete says, "It's all stuff we can fix."

I hope so.

SC

Vesuve

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":23yyswsv said:
Just looked at the Las Vegas odds for this Sunday's Home opener with the Chicago Bears. We are a -14.5 favorite...the highest this weekend. I'd say that we score over 30 points. What say you?

With the Bears being so weak (and with Clauson at QB) the Seahawks can work on what they need to work on, moreso than than if they played a strong team.

It should be a decisive W.

mikeak

Reaction score
If I had Seattle in FF then I would start them

I saw some of the Bears game and Clausen got the ball in scoring range (on turnovers) at least twice and couldn't move the ball.

He was not good

bmorepunk

Reaction score
2014 - OAK @ SEA

Odds -> About the same as this game

Result -> SEA 30 // OAK 24

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don't care how big the score difference is at the end of the game just want to see a W on the score sheet.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So far every mismatch that the Hawks is supposed to be salivating for has NOT come to fruition. I think the Hawks win this game, don't be surprised if it's a lot closer and uglier than it should be.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":cfsmmr0o said:
2014 - OAK @ SEA

Didn't Sherman get like a Pick 6 this game too?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bmorepunk":30e828n8 said:
2014 - OAK @ SEA

Much different circumstances. Seattle had a ton of injuries .. I don't think they even played with the full 45 players.. and they weren't 0-2 in desperate need of a win. Not to say they could have afforded a loss to Oakland, just far less pressure to do so. And has this team shows.. sometimes they play down to their competition.

If we entered this game at 2-0, yeah the let down possibility would very much be there. At 0-2, I don't think you see that problem.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2cqtcsdn said:
Why is Carroll and Bevell gonna try and outsmart another team?!

How well has that worked out for us?!

-Very Frustrated Fan

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hopefully we see a repeat of our 2013 game against the Jags. It was such a massacre that I think T-Jack took over by the end of the 3rd Quarter.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Would like to see them open up the playbook from the get go instead of waiting until the 3rd or 4th quarter to do so.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We should beat Chicago but I am going to bet that it is closer than we want.

The past week, nationally, while Kam missing is taking a lot of the blame - there is a fair amount of people questioning what is wrong with the Seahawk offense.

The general line, in line with the SB fail, is the Bevell is an idiot. This is why the media is starting to pick up and run with the "Why isn't Graham getting more touches?" question. It reinforces the notion he doesn't know how to use what he has.

The problem is that Bevell is not an idiot, just below average and he desperately tries to 'prove' his intelligence/ability/aptitude in order to get some validation from people he does not know. He cares about the crowd and the crowd has basically labeled him a buffoon.

So he is going to push too hard to prove them wrong and like Bevell often does when he tries to make himself look smart, he is going to worse. Bevell overthinking things has led to some piss poor results in some of our games.

He will also likely put Wilson in the position to have to force Graham the ball so he can 'prove' that the reason Graham couldn't get the ball is that he shouldn't have. So putting Graham in crappy situations with poor down/distance is probably in the cards.

ringless

Reaction score
Is there anyone that is truly concerned about this game. Sure Seattle has had issues on defense. They also did a pretty good job making Aaron Rodgers uncomfortable in Lambeau.

That defense now goes up against Jimmy Clausen a 1-10 career starters. And a team laking much talent all across the board.
The offense will be going up against the worst defense in the league through two games this year.

Even if it is less than a two score game, I think the feeling the whole way through will be that Seattle was always in control and never truly threatened. Anyone that says they are concerned, I don't believe.