Danny O'Neils Seahawks Chat

kearly

Reaction score
I frequently and passionately disagree with Danny O'Neil. That said, I respect the fact that he sees and hears things we are not privy to as a reporter behind the scenes. On that note, here is what he said about the Graham-Unger trade:

Seattle was going to let go of Unger. I know that for a fact. So while I think it's fair to wonder if Seattle should have held onto one of its more experienced offensive linemen, the reality is that it wasn't going to do it.

I don't have the insider perspective that O'neil does, but I had strong suspicions that Seattle was looking to dump Unger this offseason. Two unhealthy years, bad snaps, and considerable cap cost. No longer young. Hearing Danny say this I think confirms those suspicions that the Graham trade was essentially two separate transactions disguised as one.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
kearly":1rmy1ugb said:
I frequently and passionately disagree with Danny O'Neil. That said, I respect the fact that he sees and hears things we are not privy to as a reporter behind the scenes. On that note, here is what he said about the Graham-Unger trade:

Seattle was going to let go of Unger. I know that for a fact. So while I think it's fair to wonder if Seattle should have held onto one of its more experienced offensive linemen, the reality is that it wasn't going to do it.

I don't have the insider perspective that O'neil does, but I had strong suspicions that Seattle was looking to dump Unger this offseason. Two unhealthy years, bad snaps, and considerable cap cost. No longer young. Hearing Danny say this I think confirms those suspicions that the Graham trade was essentially two separate transactions disguised as one.

I think that's spot on. Unger was a shell of his former self and wasn't worth the money he was getting paid. And his missed blocks...arg that drove me crazy sometimes!

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2814932/Hawk ... aham-trade