Does Russell have Happy Feet?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Something you rarely see happen is RW release a pass and then get blasted by a lineman. You d see this with other typical pocket passers. RW senses the pocket collapsing, even sometimes when it's not, and he starts taking off. I'm not saying he should, I think getting blasted will shorten his career and he often creates plays with his legs. But there are times when if he would just hang in a bit longer things open up.

BriefSomeBrahmancow.gif

In this play from HawkNation2015't thread, Throw it to Jimmy, it looks like if he hangs a split second longer Kearse comes wide open. In fact as I watch this it appears the RW could see that Kearse has his guy going the wrong direction and could throw with some anticipation for a long gain.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Based on this gif i don't think he'd have gotten the ball out in time to accurately hit Kearse.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
This is the problem when I watch the tape. We have receivers running open all game long and Russell doesn't get the ball to them.

Crizilla

Reaction score
StoneCold":2zm7a5wh said:
Something you rarely see happen is RW release a pass and then get blasted by a lineman. You d see this with other typical pocket passers. RW senses the pocket collapsing, even sometimes when it's not, and he starts taking off. I'm not saying he should, I think getting blasted will shorten his career and he often creates plays with his legs. But there are times when if he would just hang in a bit longer things open up.

BriefSomeBrahmancow.gif

In this play from HawkNation2015't thread, Throw it to Jimmy, it looks like if he hangs a split second longer Kearse comes wide open. In fact as I watch this it appears the RW could see that Kearse has his guy going the wrong direction and could throw with some anticipation for a long gain.

theres no reason he shouldnt have got the ball to Kearse right there.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Basis4day":igho084r said:
Based on this gif i don't think he'd have gotten the ball out in time to accurately hit Kearse.

It looks to me all he ahs to do is step up behind Sweezy and throw. Would only take another half second. I also realize it's altogether possible he's not looking at Kearse. there is always a lot going on in any play.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I noticed that RW this year is making his decision to take off sooner. He doesn't seem to be using his feet as much to extend plays behind the line of scrimmage like we're used to seeing.

RussB

Reaction score
Wilson just seems really inconsistent after getting his new contract.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1bvawlri said:

Matthews scrambled his brain and the recovery water didn't help.

Basis4day

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3djhmotp said:

2 regular season road games is a pretty small sample size.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Crizilla":1maul22i said:
StoneCold":1maul22i said:

BriefSomeBrahmancow.gif

theres no reason he shouldnt have got the ball to Kearse right there.

What about the reason of Wilson not looking to the right side lol geez. It would appear he was looking at the 2 routes on the left and say the LB 15-20 yards downfield as the only guy to stop him. If he quickly looked right he prob would of nailed it to Kearse. I am fairly certain his first read is Baldwin deep. If baldwin gets the safety to bite its a long bomb

Ill criticize Wilson as much as anyone but if hes not looking at one side of the field it doesnt matter if the WR is open or not. Most likely he just did 2 reads and then saw the middle wide open and ran

Reaction score
Hate to say this but do u think he may not even see it. Is his height effecting the play? It could be that's all im saying.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
This play shows Jimmy still has to learn this new team. He ran no where useful. If, instead of turning his back to Wilson, he turns upfield, Wilson is going to dump it off to him before getting sacked.