Russell's goddaughter passes away

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Recently Russell Wilson accepted an invitation to become the godfather to one of the girls he visits in the Children's hospital every week. I read about this just a few days ago. Sadly, the little girl passed away this morning.

I know some people get tired of some of the stuff Wilson does/says, but stuff like this shows what a great person he really is by bringing hope to these kids and their families.

Hopefully Ailynn's family can find some comfort in this difficult time. If any of you know her family, perhaps you could pass on that all of us at .NET are thinking of her and praying for them.

From Russell's Facebook page:
My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to my goddaughter, Ailynn, and her family, as she is now with our Heavenly Father. I know you'll be swinging your 12 flag over Centurylink this Sunday sweetie.
More on Ailynn's brave story here...
http://bit.ly/1jbp9pq

11218155_885524064864109_3662339810098760735_n.jpg

Laloosh

Reaction score
That's really got to weigh on him. Really respect his efforts and commend him for doing it despite the unavoidable loss that he must endure by visiting and getting to know those kids every week.

Condolences to that family. Can't imagine dealing with the loss of a child.

Gametime

Reaction score
Things like this make all the silly things we argue about seem so small. Brings it all into perspective. Prayers and blessings to the family and let's all spend a little more time with our kids tonight.

Life is far too short and important to waste a moment of it.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Very sad. RIP. Russell helped make her final days much brighter.

erik2690

Reaction score
I'm sure he feels for all the children he visits, but this girl had been in there for a while and seems to have built a maybe deeper bond. I know he's visited with her at least 3 times in the last year. There's no way that doesn't hurt real bad. And he goes in yesterday and she wants him to be her Godfather....just sucks. Nice he was maybe able to have a nice last visit, but man.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
LymonHawk":19irwba2 said:
The loss of a child affects us all. RIP, Sweetheart.
Yes. And good on Russell for giving some comfort.

Team Patera

Reaction score
Gametime":g71n4dq3 said:
Things like this make all the silly things we argue about seem so small. Brings it all into perspective. Prayers and blessings to the family and let's all spend a little more time with our kids tonight.

This

DeletedAccount

Reaction score
I know some people get tired of some of the stuff Wilson does/says, but stuff like this shows what a great person he really is by bringing hope to these kids and their families.

Nobody is tired of what Wilson does. We all wish he would do even more. Many people in position to help do many wonderful things for people of less fortune. I just wonder why Wilson is the only one that feels the need to let all of us know every single time he does something good. Can't he just let the deed alone be good enough. Why tell the world everytime he does something good. It comes across as if he's doing it more for the attention then to actually help. I'll bet you many NFL players helped people this week. Why is Russel the only one screaming "look at me"? That is what is annoying. Do more good Russell. Tell us about it less.

chawx

Reaction score
seesurfers":2l4imuvx said:

Nobody is tired of what Wilson does. We all wish he would do even more. Many people in position to help do many wonderful things for people of less fortune. I just wonder why Wilson is the only one that feels the need to let all of us know every single time he does something good. Can't he just let the deed alone be good enough. Why tell the world everytime he does something good. It comes across as if he's doing it more for the attention then to actually help. I'll bet you many NFL players helped people this week. Why is Russel the only one screaming "look at me"? That is what is annoying. Do more good Russell. Tell us about it less.

I like that he takes pics of himself at the hospital with kids every Tuesday and writes up a little blurb under the pic saying the kids name and how great they will be when they grow up. That doesn't bug me at all. It's so cool for the kid to look at a pic of themselves getting thousands of views and likes.... He's not saying. "Look at me" in those pics, he's saying "look at him/her..." it warms my cold dead heart and I look forward to it.

I just don't like all his crazy God/Jesus stuff... That's what bugs me most. He can tone that down a bunch and it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

erik2690

Reaction score
seesurfers":2ngbj4vb said:

Do you not see how dumb you sound here. Your whole base point is flawed beyond logic.

" feels the need to let all of us know every single time he does something good"....how would you know it's every single time? You would only know about the times he shares it. So you're just overlaying your preconceived notion on his actions...'if I don't hear about it then he hasn't done it'. You see how that makes no sense. And when you keep referring to this idea of "telling" everyone do you just mean posting a couple pics?

I hope so bad you are just a troll because finding a negative to pick out here says so much about you.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
erik2690":3sozlnzk said:
seesurfers":3sozlnzk said:

Do you not see how dumb you sound here. Your whole base point is flawed beyond logic.

" feels the need to let all of us know every single time he does something good"....how would you know it's every single time? You would only know about the times he shares it. So you're just overlaying your preconceived notion on his actions...'if I don't hear about it then he hasn't done it'. You see how that makes no sense. And when you keep referring to this idea of "telling" everyone do you just mean posting a couple pics?

I hope so bad you are just a troll because finding a negative to pick out here says so much about you.

Agree.
One of the main reasons I was drawn to Russ, his visits to Children's.

In 1993 my 13 yo nephew who was a HUGE sports fan, was living there for MONTHS.
I used to take him sportscards all the time. It made his day. I can't imagine if Russ visited him.
He received a live transplant that year and lived 12 years with it until dying at age 25.

He was a very quiet kid. He died before social media got huge, but I can promise you he would have LOVED it if Russ took pics with him and tweeted and "instagrammed" them.

Aaron Rodgers may have jabbed Russ the other day, but when I was sitting in the seat once owned by my nephew (my sister still retains that seat) at the CLINK when we beat the Niners to go onto our first SB win, I FELT my nephews presence that night. It was like it was destiny.
It may not have been God willing us to win lately............
RIP Donny Swanstrom

Mtgriz2244

Reaction score
Gametime":33508ckp said:

Couldn't agree more.... RIP little angel in heaven

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow, some people need therapy hahahahaha

People who hate Russ actually complain that he's too nice and/or doing good things for sick kids? He could be doing a heck of a lot worse things. Not sure what the fascination is with putting people down when they do something good. Yeah, what a horrible person he is. :roll:

Anthony!

Reaction score
seesurfers":1be7lwlz said:

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Worst post ever!!