Week 3 Elo Ratings: Seahawks #3

ringless

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2015 09 23 at 64710 PM

Did anyone see the most recent DVOA rankings? (Never believed you could put a lot of stock in them)

I forget what team it is that's 2-0 but they have the 2nd highest ratings ever since they started in 1989 second only to the 07 Patriots through the first 2 weeks. Apparently that same team has outperformed their DVOA 3 years straight now.

Which again is why I think all of these types of rankings should be taken with a grain of salt.. Or simply just one piece of a puzzle.

I don't see how Dallas is so high in those rankings or average 11 wins in their simulations considering their circumstances. I think Seattle will get the #2 Seed, with GB finishing with the #1 Seed this time around.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Dallas is 2-0 with a dominant defensive win against Chip Kelly's Eagles on the road, so that likely improved their defensive standings. The Eagles were their primary competitor in the division. As an offense, ELO had them ranked No. 4 to start the season. Of course, in the short term, that does not take into consideration the fact that Tony Romo has been placed on IR Designated to Return.

kearly

Reaction score
ringless":ovpk17o5 said:
I forget what team it is that's 2-0 but they have the 2nd highest ratings ever since they started in 1989 second only to the 07 Patriots through the first 2 weeks. Apparently that same team has outperformed their DVOA 3 years straight now.

Which again is why I think all of these types of rankings should be taken with a grain of salt.. Or simply just one piece of a puzzle.

I don't see how Dallas is so high in those rankings or average 11 wins in their simulations considering their circumstances. I think Seattle will get the #2 Seed, with GB finishing with the #1 Seed this time around.

Arizona has played very well.

I think most people looked at their opening schedule and figured they'd start 5-0 or 4-1.

DVOA doesn't really become a reliable stat until around midseason. Early in the year it's better to refer to their DAVE stat which balances 2015 and 2014 DVOA scores.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":1h5hsy6y said:
ringless":1h5hsy6y said:

Arizona has played very well.

I think most people looked at their opening schedule and figured they'd start 5-0 or 4-1.

DVOA doesn't really become a reliable stat until around midseason. Early in the year it's better to refer to their DAVE stat which balances 2015 and 2014 DVOA scores.

Arizona is #2 in DAVE.
VDrp5Nj

kearly

Reaction score
That's why I mentioned it. I think the DAVE score is much more accurate for conveying Arizona's current performance level. It will likely climb in the next few weeks as they play bad teams with a healthy Palmer.

I think the real test of Arizona is how they fair against Seattle x2, Green Bay, Cincy, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. Arizona's track record against top contenders is not good.