Clausen says....

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Okay Clausen, you can speak when you've actually done something in the league.

Try and not get hurt out there when the front four terrorize you all game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I prefer Vlasic anyway. He may find himself in a pickle. Back in yer jar, boy!

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1r927l2b said:
Well, what do you want him to say? "I'm scared shitless to be playing in Seattle this weekend!!"? He's just doing the same shit everyone does, downplaying the situation when the odds are against them.
Almost word for word what was in my head.

Cartire

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ei6kb2h1 said:
Well, what do you want him to say? "I'm scared shitless to be playing in Seattle this weekend!!"? He's just doing the same shit everyone does, downplaying the situation when the odds are against them.

The accepted vernacular from a visiting QB is, "Seattle it a tough place to play but we're prepared". Anything else is social media fodder that will be retweeted a zillion times and debates between Skip and SAS. Dumb for any QB to say anything else.

Cartire

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":vewyel72 said:
Cartire":vewyel72 said:
peachesenregalia":vewyel72 said:

The accepted vernacular from a visiting QB is, "Seattle it a tough place to play but we're prepared". Anything else is social media fodder that will be retweeted a zillion times and debates between Skip and SAS. Dumb for any QB to say anything else.

Well, it didn't bother me. In fact, I kinda dig it from lil' Jimmy. I admire his moxy, his balls, and his spunk. Being cocksure is an admirable quality in a QB. Penis.

That was the perfect Skip Bayless impression. :pukeface:

aawolf

Reaction score
I don't want to jinx us, but I will say that watching Clausen in his years with the Panthers was painful as a fan of the Panthers. He was the worst NFL QB I've ever seen on a consistent basis when he was the starter. I honestly can't believe he's anyone's backup. Seriously, it was always third and forgetaboutit when he was in the game--he was a three-and-out machine. Maybe he's gotten better since then, but he was God awful starting for the Panthers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":7g81pepa said:
http://q13fox.com/2015/09/24/bears-qb-clausen-says-he-doubts-playing-at-seattle-will-be-intimidating/
How many times have we heard that before, and then the goofball that says it is overwhelmed, has the deer in the headlights look all day, then proceeds to crumble like a house of cards. You are already beat Jimmaahhhh!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, why would he be intimidated ?

He's already lost 9 games as a starter, what is one more ?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Knowing John Fox, the Bears entire gameplan will be to try and get Michael Bennett to jump on every offensive snap!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":179wgtjr said:
"When you think of garbage, think of Akeem"

That's kinda what I was thinking, isnt he basically saying I'm so crap I've got no reason to be worried?

mikeak

Reaction score
aawolf":j0dlkox1 said:
I don't want to jinx us, but I will say that watching Clausen in his years with the Panthers was painful as a fan of the Panthers. He was the worst NFL QB I've ever seen on a consistent basis when he was the starter. I honestly can't believe he's anyone's backup. Seriously, it was always third and forgetaboutit when he was in the game--he was a three-and-out machine. Maybe he's gotten better since then, but he was God awful starting for the Panthers.

One thing that may have been worse is watching Clausen take over twice on turnover this past Sunday within striking distance and being completely unable to move the ball against Arizona.

The passes he threw were horrific

titan3131

Reaction score
mark schlereth predicted a 100-0 win for us.

cool guy.

pmedic920

Reaction score
dcc7e1bd7c5fe2da56bbfa28d1cceb9a.jpg

olyfan63

Reaction score
In the past, the Seattle D has made some backup QB's look like all-stars. Thankfully, those were your father's Seahawks and the Ken Behring Seahawks. (Gary Kubiak, anyone? plus many other backups whose names escape me, suppressed memories of horrible games)

The worst cases in the Carroll 2012+ era seems to be the Rams backup QB Austin Davis in 2014, along with Tre Mason running wild, in a 28-26 Rams win. Then there was the goal-line stand game against the Rams in 2013 that was a win, barely, with Kellen Clemens as the Rams QB. By far the worst "backup QB fail" in the Carroll era would have been Mike Glennon in the 2013 game vs. Tampa Bay that Tampa led 21-0. However, can't count it because Glennon was the TB starter by that point, beating out a benched Josh Freeman, and Seattle went on to win that game in OT.

Clausen looks to be truly up against it in this game. You, sir, are no Austin Davis, nor Mike Glennon, not even a Kellen Clemens, and your defense is no StL Rams defense.