John Fox

StoneCold

Reaction score
He must have a special kind of hate for the Seahawks. Gave him a beat down that cost him his job and now he has to deal with Smokin Jay Cutler. Well not for the next few weeks, now he has Clausen....Somewhat interesting that Clausen has QB'ed for John before. I think Fox would love, love, love to come into the Clink and steal a victory. He's kind of like a wounded animal and that can be dangerous.

If you were John Fox, what scheme would you come up with to beat the Hawks?

SC

bbsplitter

Reaction score
False start on purpose over and over again until its 1AM and they have to call the game.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Like a wounded animal who gets hit on the road, and while crawling off gets ran over by a Semi Truck and finishes the deal.

Bears are the animal
Hawks are the semi this week

Book it

nanomoz

Reaction score
He should study the Rams' last few game plans, and see how much of their tactics he can implement.

(Granted, the Rams have the best defensive line depth I've ever seen, and Chicago probably can't do what they do.)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":34xtd4z6 said:
If you were John Fox, what scheme would you come up with to beat the Hawks?

Follow the Rams and Packers lead by clogging the middle of the field on defense, blanketing Graham over and under, taking away Marshawn's cut back lanes and not allowing Russell to get outside.

Pete, Russell and Bevell are going to have to change their stubborn get Lynch going philosophy if they want teams to stop doing this scheme........so it'll be interesting to see if Russell comes out opening up the passing game, or they continue to try to run up the middle.

Up the middle? This could be a close game into the 3rd quarter.

jblaze

Reaction score
They have zero chance. 0-2, first game at home, Kam's return. Good luck!

I just hope we get the run game going finally.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just waiting for someone to tell you "we can't be too confident or cocky"

As if WE actually play for the team. That's always so fun to hear :roll:

chawx

Reaction score
I'd do what the Rams did. Clog up the middle with LBs and DLine while playing 10 yards off of the receivers and force Russell to dink and dunk. Limit big plays.

But, they won't be able to do that because they're the Bears and we're at home.

43-8 sounds about right if I was going to guess the score...

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I'm not sure that John Fox hates anyone. The man was oh-shucksing his way through 43-8.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Same mentality Tampa Bay used when they came into the CLink a couple years ago and almost beat us. Come in with a nothing to lose attitude and use every trick in the book.

Exittium

Reaction score
I actually don't mind John Fox.. i think if it was any other owner besides horseface he'd still be a HC there in Denver. Elway just threw a tantrum lol

LymonHawk

Reaction score
The best way to hurt the 'Hawks is to hack .net. Everyone knows that's where PC & DB come for their advice on how to coach any game. Let's face it, PC & DB would be lost without the experts here.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
LymonHawk":15v2iiuf said:
The best way to hurt the 'Hawks is to hack .net. Everyone knows that's where PC & DB come for their advice on how to coach any game. Let's face it, PC & DB would be lost without the experts here.

+1

Rocket

Reaction score
Exittium":u3prtm25 said:
I actually don't mind John Fox.. i think if it was any other owner besides horseface he'd still be a HC there in Denver. Elway just threw a tantrum lol
Horseface is derogatory and offensive.
I call him Mr. Ed.

Ballz

Reaction score
Wasn't he the coach of the Panthers when we annihilated them in the NFC championship after the '05 season?

canfan

Reaction score
Rocket":mjq4uuf2 said:
Exittium":mjq4uuf2 said:
I call him Mr. Ed.

All I know is the man could eat an apple through a pagewire fence without using his hands. Call him what you will, they both seem accurate. :th2thumbs:

NINEster

Reaction score
Well Fangio knows the Hawks well, so game plan I expect him to get the most from his defense.

But their offense I see struggling, and if you struggle enough the D will crack like the Niners D in 2012 and 2013.

drdiags

Reaction score
John Fox has to deal with some untimely injuries but his folks get paychecks as well as the Seahawks. I would use Forte heavily in the passing game as well as Bennett. The Seahawks can be ran on and I wouldn't plan on Chancellor playing the whole game, so I would attack the LBs and the edges. Right now, the Seahawks D is just names only. They are not playing at the level they did the past 2 seasons, so attack those areas that have been shown to be an issue this year until the Seahawks stop it.

I would bank on the Seahawks trying to hit Graham, so I would look to bracket him and force Kearse, Willson or others to beat me in the passing game. If Beast cannot go, life just got better for my Defense but I would plan on beating up on that young O-Line and take away the cut-back for Lynch if he plays. I would try to keep Wilson from getting to the edge. See if he can beat me from the pocket.

If all fails, it isn't like I was expected to come in and win this game. Keep it close and see if some lucky bounces come my way. Definitely try to keep a lot off Clausen's plate until I can get him in a groove.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":2385n60q said:
He should study the Rams' last few game plans, and see how much of their tactics he can implement.

(Granted, the Rams have the best defensive line depth I've ever seen, and Chicago probably can't do what they do.)
Probably?, sounds kinda wishey-washy.
Fox couldn't get the Donky's to compete, and these Bears? LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":1wjd5j2g said:
Exittium":1wjd5j2g said:
I call him Mr. Ed.
Yeah, Shady Brady's wife gets angry when she's called that. 8)