Lynch Calf Injury (Gameday Decision)

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to Pete's press conference, he's now a gameday decision.

Also reported via twitter

[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/647518703198666752[/tweet]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd rather he was not played and we saw more of Jackson and Rawls if he's able to be upland going against the Lions.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Queue Blitzer in 3...2...1...

Anyway. The wear and tear on Marshawn has kept him out of what, one game as a Hawk? There is no such thing as a healthy football player.

I'm not going to let this ruin my anticipation of the game.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ibddfg5 said:
Anyway. The wear and tear on Marshawn has kept him out of what, one game as a Hawk? There is no such thing as a healthy football player.

I'm not concerned about it for this particular game, I just hope whatever it is that it isn't something that lingers throughout the season. I'd rather he sit a game now if that will heal up this particular problem.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I would rather see more Rawls too. Need to see what he can do with what we have to work with. I kinda hope we do some shuffling in our defensive back field too. Just to see if they can perform.
Go Hawks.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Basis4day":3a30oej0 said:
Queue Blitzer in 3...2...1...

:240039: :240039: :240039:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Uh oh.... IF I know beast he'll play. But this being a leg issue is troublesome, he's always managed the back probs, but if the legs go that is a prob.

I'd be in favor of holding him out Sunday to get well for the rest of the year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I expect him to play, but wouldn't be surprised if they rest him once the game gets out of reach, which could be by the 2nd quarter.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm selfish, this impacts my fantasy team.

(Goes to grab Fred Jackson just in case)

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying I think we will win no problem. But it is not guaranteed. I am sure the team does not look at it that way either. We have had trouble with back up quarterbacks in the past. Little game film to study (which our team excels at). And if there is a must win this is it. 3 losses in a row if we do and our home opener. I feel this game is very important for us. If ML plays or stays out it will be whether he is healthy enough not dependent on the opponent. IMHO.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1gvodvef said:
Let me start off by saying I think we will win no problem. But it is not guaranteed. I am sure the team does not look at it that way either. We have had trouble with back up quarterbacks in the past. Little game film to study (which our team excels at). And if there is a must win this is it. 3 losses in a row if we do and our home opener. I feel this game is very important for us. If ML plays or stays out it will be whether he is healthy enough not dependent on the opponent. IMHO.

I almost posted the same thing as its own thread. This is as much of a must win as we've had in a while (sans playoffs of course) Must get right by this game. Hopefully the home opener emotion carrys them. We don't need any Tampa Bay game from 2 yrs back scaring us all.

massari

Reaction score
Hopefully they play it safe and rest him for this game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The silver lining is that a lot of folks were saying Lynch looked slow or sluggish in the GB game. If he injured a calf in that game, that would explain it.

I concur that we really don't need Lynch this game. A healthy Fred Jackson would be just fine vs. Chicago. It would also screw with them on watching the tape and RB tendencies.

Secret weapon !