Best Jersey Purchase

byau

Reaction score
While I love the highly entertaining "Worst Jersey Purchase" thread (here --> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=114378 ) made me wonder what your favorite jersey purchase is and why

Mine is my Kenny Easley jersey.

Detailed in my .NET intro post (here --> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=638&start=300#p1493519 ) the very first jersey I ever had was a Kenny Easley jersey when I was a kid. It was in fact the only one for many years, at least Seahawks wise (had quite a few Mariners and Sonics). Over the years it disappeared, guessing donated to Goodwill or Value Village.

After relocating to So.Cal for college and graduating and getting a job I somewhat lost track of the Seahawks. I'd keep track a bit through the news, newspaper, and ask my dad each time I talked to him on the phone "How are the M's doing? How are the Seahawks doing?" etc... one year recently he said "I think you should watch the Seahawks again, I'm really excited about this rookie quarterback they have named Russell Wilson".

And so I started keeping tabs again, watching some, and then decided I wanted a Kenny Easley jersey again.

And there you go.

minormillikin

Reaction score
My best was listed as someone else's worst.

It's a Puma brand Kitna jersey. I love it. Super comfortable to wear, big numbered old school look with sleeve-hawk, and Kitna.

Yeah, he's not going into any rings of honor, but what a story. Regular dude from Tacoma, at Central to become a math teacher, and ends up playing a long time in the NFL, putting up decent numbers on bad teams.

The only slight tarnish is knowing that he left his teaching and coaching job at Lincoln High to take a high-paying "friday night lights" Texas high school coaching job.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I'll go with Trufant, fellow WSU grad, who ended up at one of the house parties I threw soph year. played his entire career here, I believe the did the ol' one day contract so he could retire a hawk after he got cut during the preseason in jax.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This is my Fav.
I'm going to carry it onto the field with me @ MNF.
Have I told y'all that I got field passes ? :{)

If I can get #3 to sign it, I'll frame it and hang it on the wall.
39be60755570919abfae90cd7b934056.jpg

Obviously the window for wearing it has kinda closed.
a9f3fb261dd18eb3839f5b86dc520c05.jpg

And I fully understand that the price can be a "deal breaker" the elites are so nice. But I highly recommend spending the extra to buy a limited over the gameday if you can.

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
My favorite and best deal by far is my away elite Earl Thomas rookie jersey that I picked up at the Nike outlet for $20. Yes that's not a typo only $20 bucks. Kennedy and Largent throwbacks are right there with the Thomas.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
pmedic920":sbbbkoxm said:
This is my Fav.

And I fully understand that the price can be a "deal breaker" the elites are so nice. But I highly recommend spending the extra to buy a limited over the gameday if you can.

Wow that's really nice

Funny I first read it as "Superb Owl" and thought "wow did he intentionally misspell it? Is he carrying on the non-jinx that far?" .. I had to double take that one.

Anyway, yeah that's a nice looking one.

chris98251

Reaction score
I have three, Alexander Jersey I got for Christmas the Year we went to the Super Bowl with him in the Gun Metal Blue.

Two Russell Wilson Jerseys, One the Normal Wolf Grey, and one with last years Super Bowl patch, that one has not been out of it's wrapper yet.

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
SeahawkFrost":2wuv7rdb said:
My favorite and best deal by far is my away elite Earl Thomas rookie jersey that I picked up at the Nike outlet for $20. Yes that's not a typo only $20 bucks. Kennedy and Largent throwbacks are right there with the Thomas.

Whoa.. you kidding me? ET rookie jersey @ $20? That's a steal for sure.

I can't imagine you are also saying the throwbacks (M&N 80's and 90's style?) for Tez and Largent are also $20?!

Speaking of which just saw a ET rookie jersey come up on ebay for about $40 which I thought was a steal. At $20, that's a good find.

Exittium

Reaction score
my Originaly Kitna, and my brand New Custom Elite Wolf Sherman got it monday actually :D

TheHawkster

Reaction score
My Chad Brown and Pat Kerney Reebok jerseys.
I can barely see the numbers and wear them doing yard work all the time. Love those things!

A close second is my limited SB 48 Jersey I bought at the Macy's NFL Shop in NYC.

Team Patera

Reaction score
Best jersey I've purchased? Matty Hass
Best jersey I've been given? Was given as a gift an authentic jersey, #12 with Patera stitched on the back.

Team Patera

Reaction score
pmedic920":2dkqjfc3 said:
This is my Fav.

Love it!

drcool

Reaction score
My best jersey purchase was #71. Wore that jersey for a long, long time on game days until the jersey change.

My first jersey was Anthony Simmons. That one served me well for a couple years.

irocdave

Reaction score
Lol, my wife busted out my Tatupu jersey to wear to work today. There is an Alexander, and Hasselbeck jersey in the closet also, and a couple more. I hated that "steel blue" color change. Used to have a Cortez jersey, not sure where it went. Also had a bad ass down Hawks jacket from 1987, for the life of me I don't know where it went. it was long length and had the original colors, base color was white. Really wish for the Hawks to go back to the original uni colors, this brash crap sucks. The lime green unis were the worst NFL unis I have ever seen. The current unis are approaching the same garishness. Day glo green, really?

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
byau":3cm6jbl3 said:
SeahawkFrost":3cm6jbl3 said:

Whoa.. you kidding me? ET rookie jersey @ $20? That's a steal for sure.

I can't imagine you are also saying the throwbacks (M&N 80's and 90's style?) for Tez and Largent are also $20?!

Speaking of which just saw a ET rookie jersey come up on ebay for about $40 which I thought was a steal. At $20, that's a good find.

I paid full price for the throwbacks. Sometimes you can get lucky at the Nike outlet they sell all their football jerseys for $29.99. It just so happened that they were having a 30% off when I bought the Thomas jersey. I picked up a couple of Sherman limited sb xlix jerseys in the off season for $30 each. I kept one and gave the other to my daughter.