DeShawn Shead .. Leading the way in versatility.

Jville

Reaction score
“It’s incredible how versatile DeShawn is,” Sherman said. “Every week it seems like he’s playing a different position, whether it’s inside, outside, strong safety, free safety. I think he’s been very accommodating and very willing to do whatever he can to help this football team. I think as long as you can do it, the more you can do, you always have a spot out there on the field. He’s the perfect example of that, always the more you can do. We appreciate everything he’s done. He’s played corner, safety. I think he was the first player to play corner, safety and nickel in one game. It’s a lot of mental gymnastics moving from safety to corner, and moving to both safety spots. I think it’s a lot more mental than anybody could ever understand. You really have to tip your hat to him and what he’s been able to do.”

“It is rare,” added defensive coordinator Kris Richard. “It is very rare… He’s been able to go out there and practice that safety, and get in the game and play corner. It’s just a testament to his level of preparation.”

Good Read >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/09/26/versatile-defensive-back-deshawn-shead-%E2%80%9Cgreat-seahawk%E2%80%9D[/urltargetblank]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I think it's fantastic to have someone who can round out for the Secondary, and I'm stoked that he's on our team.
Having said that, I also would rather see him get a chance to get more playing time at ONE particular position, because if he can do that, he can focus on making that an area of expertise. LCB?
Like the old saying?, "Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None"
I believe Richard Sherman & Earl Thomas are cerebral enough to grasp the changing of position in the Secondary, but I think we've all seen what happens when they move out of their assignment area of expertise.
Having Kam Chancellor back in position, I think we will see a more complete and familiar Secondary package.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Shead is terrific depth. He'll end up starting for someone eventually.