What a bunch of sour pusses.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Based on these posts, you would swear that we lost the game.
There is a lot to be happy about today!!!
-3 rookies having a stand out day!!!
-2nd half defensive adjustments were really impressive.
-NO TURNOVERS!

Look, I know Chicago sucks but how can anyone be that negative after a shut out win?

Seriously, this is the kind of game to give our team a great confidence boost.

Skookum

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2m6apcg1 said:
-NO TURNOVERS!

Look, I know Chicago sucks but how can anyone be that negative after a shut out win?

Agreed. Shut outs always make for a good day. I think that the offense is starting to find its groove.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I "get it" but this game showed that we do have some serious weak spots.
I'm happy with the win but hoping for more.
We can't/won't make a deep playoff run as is.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Why not just make a post about all the positives without calling out the grumpy fans? Essentially, you've just made another "sour puss" thread here.

Great 2nd half by the Seahawks. Lots of fun stuff to watch.

jake206

Reaction score
I think part of it stems from last years SB hangover. We should be thrilled with a shutout. But I guess offense is what sells tickets??

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Our line is approaching horrendous status but aside of that I'm really happy with this game. Wilson was throwing some nice passes, lockett was on point again, Grahamhad a great game, Rawls rushed for over 100 yards and we allowed 0 points.

Lots of positives, but it will be difficult to beat the red hot Cards for the division title though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
There were struggles for certain..I think it's just the lengths some go to harp on them

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
pmedic920":20t18pnm said:
I "get it" but this game showed that we do have some serious weak spots.
I'm happy with the win but hoping for more.
We can't/won't make a deep playoff run as is.

What?

I'm interested to see what you thought of Week 1 and 2, if you thought this was bad.

sutz

Reaction score
Well scores by offense and ST and another by D stolen by the refs, IMHO.

Sure, things to work on, but great win! :th2thumbs:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
jake206":3rgnr3zu said:
I think part of it stems from last years SB hangover. We should be thrilled with a shutout. But I guess offense is what sells tickets??

Same complaining as the last two years. This team is always "weak" and will never be able to beat a "good team" with a wide list of reasons.

They'll suck one day, but nothing has told me that day is here yet.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1xhh9h1b said:
The defense played a perfect game.....there's a positive :)

There were posts in the gameday forum about how bad the defense is. It was pretty surprising.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":31y11mn1 said:
-NO TURNOVERS!

Maybe I watched the first half and saw the same slow start that we simply can't afford to have against quality opponents.

Chicago is not a quality opponent, but having dropped our first two games, and conceding the tie-breaker to Green Bay, there is an excellent chance we will have to win on the road against a quality opponent if we are to be in Super Bowl 50.

There is a long season to go, but at some point our slow starts simply must be addressed.

By this I don't mean our play calling or our scheme or scripted plays - I am talking about basic execution. We came out very sloppy. Our first half performance was simply not good. Chicago was just not up to the task of making us pay for it.

Although I am making a negative comment, however, it doesn't mean I am negative about the team as a whole. We had some good plays, and Rawls looked great. We were able to utilize Graham effectively. Defense forced 10 consecutive punts and pitched a shutout. All good stuff.

Whether it's good enough to get us to 50 is another story entirely.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I'm tired of second half adjustments... I'm ready for first half offensive execution.

Mtgriz2244

Reaction score
I can remember more than a few games even leading up to our Super Bowl win that left me scratching my head. It happens every year and each and every time fans come out going crazy over a tough game like this. Personally I look at it as win and am just very excited for that. Yes I had a tough time watching the first half and could see a bunch of points in the game I could point to and ask "Why???!". The second half though was much more exciting and leaves me with hope for the rest of the season. The Hawks still are very much alive and have most of the season yet to go.

Go Hawks!

hawk45

Reaction score
Can't help but think we pull our heads out before half the game is over and we are 3-0 and I think that, plus how god awful the offense looks in the first half three week, *feels* like a real concern. But until we lose a home game or a game to a puke opponent then yeah we can always get locked in later.

pmedic920

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2u7t67hp said:
What?

I'm interested to see what you thought of Week 1 and 2, if you thought this was bad.

I'm not saying it was bad.
viewtopic.php?t=114648#p1710440

I think there were some very strong positives.
I am saying that we have some work to do, if we want to make a "deep run" in the playoffs.

This was arguably the worst/weakest team in the NFL and at times they gave us plenty of trouble.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Slow start again by the offense and no Lynch. O-line still looks sketchy.

Despite all that we still whupped an NFL team 26-0.

Hawks are still far from perfect but they are getting better every week. Glass is half full yo!

Vpk0718

Reaction score
We needed something positive to build off of, and we found that in the second half. Just keep it up.

hawk45

Reaction score
Optimus25":37wwwv37 said:
I'm tired of second half adjustments... I'm ready for first half offensive execution.

I don't think it's unreasonable to watch the first three games and feel this way.