Enjoy the win but...

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Let's be clear here it was the Bears and our Offense looks blah most of the time . But I'll take the W to build on . The shut out will definitely spark the Defense and with our Defense properly motivated I'll take the LOB over anyone . You would think our Offense would look much better going against that D all week long in practice. I just don't get it ? O line is really bad like abysmal bad .ST looks frickin solid and thank god for that .a great D and ST will carry this crap O a long way ! All in all encouraged by the Defense a shut out is very rare don't care who it is and how bad they are
Encouraged by the ST they will flat out win us games
Disgusted by this very poor to flat out crap offense is our achilles' heel yet again
Take the post how you want it's my 2 cents worth crap on the totem pole of poo

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think the problem with the offense "might" be Russell. He seems to be AFRAID to throw the damn ball unless a guy is WIDE OPEN and even when a guy is wide open, he doesn't see them a lot of times. It's getting frustrating.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Seahawks were not blown out by either the Rams or the Packers, two teams with well-coached defenses and (in GB's case) an elite offense. I'm more encouraged by that than I am by beating the Bears.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
371 yards of total offense. I'll take that kind of crap offense every week!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The problem is not Russell. He had a good game throwing the ball when he was allowed to. Did you not see him hit Jimmy over the middle for the TD? Did you have the sound off on your TV when Phil Sims was talking about our conservative play calling hurting us?

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
I avoided the game day thread because of the negativity and I guess I'm going to avoid this main board because of the same. Yikes.

kearly

Reaction score
Wilson: 101 passer rating.
Graham: 7 catches for 83 yards and a TD.
Rawls: 104 yards rushing. 6.5 YPC.

The bears lost by 26 points.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Russ also had about 5 drops today, 4 of which would've been for big yardage, and 2 that would've been touchdowns.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
kearly":rt80gq4q said:

This. The offense is ugly largely because our offensive game plan is ugly. The ugly game plan worked so I wouldn't expect Pete to change.

hawk45

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":jreof1g7 said:
The Seahawks were not blown out by either the Rams or the Packers, two teams with well-coached defenses and (in GB's case) an elite offense. I'm more encouraged by that than I am by beating the Bears.

I had the exact same thought out walking with my kid after the game.

Our offense looked crappy vs. the Ram, Green Bay, and the Bears in the first half. So I'm a bit less concerned than I would ordinarily be about looking crappy vs a really bad opponent. That just seems to be the pattern, especially this year, and if we can stay in close games on the road vs. the Rams (who seem to have our number) and Green Bay (who are near invincible at home) then I remain optimistic we'll win the home games we should, and take some road games as well.

As long as the defense is here to stay (crossing my fingers about Mebane), we can win that way. We've been winning that way for years.

chris98251

Reaction score
End result was positive, a faster start on offense would put more pressure on the opposition earlier in the game to begin taking more risks and keeping our defense fresh, I am not expecting 30 points in the first half but sustained drives and a surgical dissection of the oppositions defense. We have the playmakers to do this, just not a green light and or the play calls. Sure scripted plays to see how a defense will line up against specific formations are fine, but hamstringing the offense by not allowing Wilson to throw to other targets or make audibles hurts.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2q7zv85r said:
End result was positive, a faster start on offense would put more pressure on the opposition earlier in the game to begin taking more risks and keeping our defense fresh, I am not expecting 30 points in the first half but sustained drives and a surgical dissection of the oppositions defense. We have the playmakers to do this, just not a green light and or the play calls. Sure scripted plays to see how a defense will line up against specific formations are fine, but hamstringing the offense by not allowing Wilson to throw to other targets or make audibles hurts.
That's pretty much where I stand. These slow starts are self inflicted by game plan and play calling. I was much happier with the plan and game calling in the second half. They need to dictate, instead of being dictated to during the scripted plays.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":2an0lx7x said:
Russ also had about 5 drops today, 4 of which would've been for big yardage, and 2 that would've been touchdowns.

This and if Wilson had 3 TDs today people would still complain that he holds on to the ball to long and can't see wide open receivers. Also two of the sacks on Wilson was because Graham can't block.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Wilson's ball placement looks off, he should've had much better stats than he did, and we should've come away with more points. Our offense still only managed 1 touchdown today against a mediocre bears team on a short field, not impressed.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":93ubrwq4 said:
Wilson's ball placement looks off, he should've had much better stats than he did, and we should've come away with more points. Our offense still only managed 1 touchdown today against a mediocre bears team on a short field, not impressed.

You're never impressed with Wilson so I'm not impressed that your not impressed :)

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":rdisk8kq said:
Spin Doctor":rdisk8kq said:

You're never impressed with Wilson so I'm not impressed that your not impressed :)
There have been times that I have been impressed with him, but for me he is just too inconsistent. As a passer he still is very raw. Can't remember which game it was, but last year he was hitting slant routes with great anticipation, and was climbing the pocket. He looked almost like a miniature Aaron Rodgers. The times that Wilson looks like that are too sporadic however. One week he'll look like a golden god, and the other he'll be missing wide open receivers, and making life difficult for his receivers and O-line. Sometimes it is very hard to watch, I'm just afraid that the guy will never put it all together, especially in such a simplistic passing offense.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Russell, and the offense, are treading water a little bit while they wait for the line to develop.

That they are competitive with good teams on the road and blowing out bad teams at home while basically getting some JV OL players developed is pretty impressive, IMHO.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2e9ms17b said:
theincrediblesok":2e9ms17b said:
Spin Doctor":2e9ms17b said:

There have been times that I have been impressed with him, but for me he is just too inconsistent. As a passer he still is very raw. Can't remember which game it was, but last year he was hitting slant routes with great anticipation, and was climbing the pocket. He looked almost like a miniature Aaron Rodgers. The times that Wilson looks like that are too sporadic however. One week he'll look like a golden god, and the other he'll be missing wide open receivers, and making life difficult for his receivers and O-line.

Oh yeah I'm not saying he doesn't get the blame, he gets plenty of blame and he takes those blames himself. So your saying every single game, that everyone else doesn't make mistakes and that Wilson has to play mistake free football but the receivers and O-line never make any mistakes?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
kearly":m3ycqvq7 said:

:th2thumbs: