Another Wounded Animal Limps into the Clink...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
They have a lot more weapons than Chicago.. can't have the same slow start on Monday.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Detroit's run game isn't as good as Chicago's. Maybe we will finally get an interception. I'm sure Tate is going to want to put on a show.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1c4dpxb9 said:
Detroit's run game isn't as good as Chicago's. Maybe we will finally get an interception. I'm sure Tate is going to want to put on a show.

Let him come in thinking he's going to do that only to run into a reinvigorated LOB that shuts him up.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2txvwrw0 said:
Not sure what you've been watching, but Ameer Abdullah is a legit threat. Joique Bell was really good last season but struggled with concussions, IIRC. Tate will be playing with purpose in his first opportunity to rub Carroll's nose in it.

It's going to be a battle. We need a top performance from our offense if we hope to stay in it.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
HansGruber":2tqwg3t6 said:
Wenhawk":2tqwg3t6 said:
Not sure what you've been watching, but Ameer Abdullah is a legit threat. Joique Bell was really good last season but struggled with concussions, IIRC. Tate will be playing with purpose in his first opportunity to rub Carroll's nose in it.

It's going to be a battle. We need a top performance from our offense if we hope to stay in it.

Yes Sir this is going to a huge battle , Seahawks will have all they can handle , Ameer made some excellent runs on Sunday . but I am still picking hawks.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawks need a convincing win. Stafford is a disaster. I honestly thought this kid was going to be a very good QB in this league, but he underwhelms. I think despite their weapons, the Hawks should handle them fairly easily, especially at home on Prime time.

27-13, Hawks win.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HansGruber":3343hgfa said:
Wenhawk":3343hgfa said:

I agree. Not to mention Doughboy Stafford is much better than Clausen. Abdullah is definitely the real deal and Tate can juke anybody out of their socks once the ball is in his hands. They have a lot of LOB beaters on that team. Far as I know, Megatron is still healthy as well.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Rob12":du5olwt7 said:
Hawks need a convincing win. Stafford is a disaster. I honestly thought this kid was going to be a very good QB in this league, but he underwhelms. I think despite their weapons, the Hawks should handle them fairly easily, especially at home on Prime time.

27-13, Hawks win.

Like the Hawks handled them last time in Detroit without Abdullah and Tate. I believe Megatron was either hobbled or out of the game...and they still beat the Hawks.

Nothing is assured.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ala4odm said:
Did Tate even play tonight? He was very invisible.

Yeah, he played. Still not that strong at route running.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":262gvbyh said:
They need to be put down too. I am sensing 20-7, Seahawks.

No, you're wrong. The whole team's gonna dog it because they're not satisfied with Kam's pay. :3-1:

253hawk

Reaction score
Detroit has 135 yards rushing on the year. Wilson has 137.

hawk45

Reaction score
The Seahawks don't put opponents down, at least not by scoring and putting the game out of reach. The Seahawks stone the opponents for 4 quarters on defense, hand the ball to the offense several times in good field, position, and the offense scores about 1 TD and 2 or 3 FGs. Even at home. Even against weak defenses. Which makes sense because we only start playing offense halfway through.

Now, if the score gets pumped up by a special teams or defensive score, then we might see 20 pts or more.

I want to be wrong about the offense and believe that eventually I will be, maybe as the OL gels further, but until I see it, I think bmore has a point that it's setting ourselves up to be (even more) pissed expecting more than just a W.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
if Seattle starts out like they did vs the Bears (on offence) we will be playing from behind in the second half...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":336pdkt4 said:
if Seattle starts out like they did vs the Bears (on offence) we will be playing from behind in the second half...
You mean offenSe? ,so what you're saying, is that the Lions dominating Offense will be putting the kibosh to the Seahawks Defense?, um.... yeah.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Been reading a few posts and wanted to point out: the Lions offense is NOT what some people think it is. Ameer Abdullah has 21 rushes for 82 yards...3.9 YPC...1 TD, 1 missed tackle, and 1 fumble. Tate has 15 receptions in 24 targets for a completion % of 62.5 and 161 yards...ZERO TD's...and according to PFF, and 2 interceptions on his targets. Megatron has 20 receptions on 33 targets for a completion % of 60.6 and 199 yards...1 TD...and 2 interceptions on his targets. The Lions offense did play against a couple of good D's, the Vikes and Broncos, but they also faced the Chargers whose D is ranked worst in the NFL on PFF. Also according to PFF, the Lions offense is ranked dead last. In yardage rankings, the Seahawks D is ranked #3, the Lions D is ranked #27...Hawks offense is ranked #18, Lions O is ranked #27.

On PFF QB's, Wilson is ranked #8, while Stafford is ranked #37, out of 37 (his passer rating is only 78.7). Johnson is the #11 ranked WR, Doug Baldwin is #22, Tate is #43, and Kearse is #52. Eric Ebron is the #61 ranked TE out of 64.

Just saying, on paper, the Hawks look like a MUCH BETTER team than the Lions. Even the Bears are better than the Lions on paper.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HansGruber":25qz6oig said:
Wenhawk":25qz6oig said:

Bell is a short yardage back now, Abdullah is the real deal, but Detroit's OL is terrible at run blocking and well below average in pass protection. We should be able to get some pressure on Stafford, and he'll throw it up.

Detroit is going to be desperate which means they'll push. Stafford has a terrible (winless?) record on the road, and is not a good QB under pressure. Tate came out and said that the last two teams' defenses were calling out their plays before they happened. Looks like we're not the only predictable offense in the league, and if our boys study it up, Detroit is going to have a loooong night.

Of course this means they could come out and go all buck wild and change everything up, throwing all kinds of formations we haven't seen before.

On defense, they look pretty bad. Their DL is bad against the run (then again so was Chi's), and their secondary isn't playing as good as last year. The LOB might have a chip on its' shoulder this game as Detroit's safety was claiming they were the best tandem in the league last year.

13 seems like a good number for Detroit. Not sure how much we're going to score but I feel a win here.