Remember these ugly ones??????

blkhwk

Reaction score
2013 Season

@ Carolina win, 12-7 get a late fumble recovery by ET deep in Carolina end to seal the win

@ Houston, trail 3-20 at the half & 6-20 after 3. Win in OT

Home vs. Tennessee. Trail 7-10 at the half, Tennessee was horrible too!

Home vs. Tampa. Trail 7-21 at half. Win in OT. TB was winless at the time

Home vs. Arizona. Lose 10-17. Sky was falling after this one!

Check out the link below and see how ugly a majority of the games were. 13-3 could have easily been 15-1 or 8-8.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... a/2013.htm

Just a little perspective to get you through the next 14 weeks!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
blkhwk":8uaump1l said:
2013 Season

@ Carolina win, 12-7 get a late fumble recovery by ET deep in Carolina end to seal the win

Check out the link below and see how ugly a majority of the games were. 13-3 could have easily been 15-1 or 8-8.

So true.

Any win in the NFL is awesome. Its just how it is. No style points.

Plus thats just how the hawks roll. I dont like it, but back to back super bowl appearances tell me to shut up :)

Its always clear which fans here on .net have watched this team and the NFL for years....and which haven't.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Fair point but we still went 12-1. Why do we have to win ugly? When do we take the next step? The last 3 seasons have been great but do we have to keep doing these holy crap games. More easy wins would be nice considering the talent on our team.

JGreen79

Reaction score
It's just the team philosophy. We're a run first, play defense team. I always expect to have close, low scoring games. With that comes the ugly wins and some tough losses.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It's not how you start... it's how you finish.

And nobody's handing out style points either.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":21bys105 said:
Fair point but we still went 12-1. Why do we have to win ugly? When do we take the next step? The last 3 seasons have been great but do we have to keep doing these holy crap games. More easy wins would be nice considering the talent on our team.

There are rarely easy games on the NFL. Yesterday was one of them. Thought we had quite a handful of them last year as well.

Not sure what else one could ask for.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True, you can only play who they put in front of you. They did what they were supposed to do yesterday, won the game easily.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This isn't the BCS. You don't need style points. Just W's

Ask the 2013 Broncos about what their flashy regular season achieved. Ask the 2007 Patriots the same thing.

If Dion Bailey doesn't face plant in Week 1, we're 2-1 .. the offense needs work, but it's also the end of Week 3. If they look this bad at the end of October then yes, probably cause for concern. There are a lot of new pieces on offense and it takes time to mesh. Just relax.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3vrjka4y said:

The next step, like making a couple of Super Bowls, maybe even winning one?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1zkq47vg said:
seahawkfreak":1zkq47vg said:

The next step, like making a couple of Super Bowls, maybe even winning one?

Next you're going to say we win one of those Super Bowls by 35.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I guess I just have never understood the mentality that a win has to look a certain way. To each his/her own, but who cares, you either win or you don't. And like someone said, this isn't the BCS. Style points don't mean a thing.
It seems like it goes w/out saying that if a team looks like crap, but still wins, that of course they need to play better against a better opponent.

MVP53

Reaction score
So, I guess the theme here today is that the Hawks won "ugly"?

Hmm, let's see how many other teams in the NFL won by 26 or more yesterday.....3 (Pats, Cards & Bills).

26 points is not an "ugly" win in the NFL.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't think it's ugly at all. I just am saying I look forward to some future ugly wins. Yesterday was only ugly in the first half.

timmat

Reaction score
It's easy to watch the beauty of an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady led aerial attack and say why not us? Or at least why not a bit more from the passing game. But, it's just not the way this coaching staff operates. I also don't think we have good enough pass protection to play any other style.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
timmat":1qqj8pl2 said:
It's easy to watch the beauty of an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady led aerial attack and say why not us? Or at least why not a bit more from the passing game. But, it's just not the way this coaching staff operates. I also don't think we have good enough pass protection to play any other style.

We also don't have Rodgers or Brady passing the ball :stirthepot:

But I love the way we play, winning is winning is winning.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
MVP53":2z9u58n8 said:
So, I guess the theme here today is that the Hawks won "ugly"?

Hmm, let's see how many other teams in the NFL won by 26 or more yesterday.....3 (Pats, Cards & Bills).

26 points is not an "ugly" win in the NFL.

26 points was top ten for average points scored in any of the last few years. Not winning by 26 points, but just scoring 26 points.

jonkchar

Reaction score
Wow, do you guys remember the 2013 Broncos and all of their easy wins? The 2013 Seahawks had a certain amount of will power. IMO, its why the Seahawks won the 2013 NFC Championship. They were down a few times, but they were always in it. Remember that game?

After Russell Wilson fumbled early in the game, the Seahawks still came back and eventually won.

The Broncos in the Super Bowl, commit an error and theyre mentally broken after 1 snap

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
blkhwk":x43gwnsw said:
2013 Season

Excellent points yes the Hawks seem to do things the hard way , the only time they did not come out on top was the Super Bowl last year.