Lynch, Calf, Back and now Hammy

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Ruh Roihhh shaggy. I'm worried about the beast. Damn that 30 year mark! When should we expect an update on his injuries?

kidhawk

Reaction score
With our next game being a Monday, the normal schedule is put back by a day. Lynch never practices on Wednesday, so I'd expect no real news before Friday. Pete will be asked in his press conferences, but he may be vague about it. If he practices on Friday, he's good to go.

marko358

Reaction score
If It were me I'd just give him an extra week off to get better. Rawls looks good and we have a great veteran in Jackson. I don't care what fantasy football folks have to say about that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
marko358":21am14nf said:
If It were me I'd just give him an extra week off to get better. Rawls looks good and we have a great veteran in Jackson. I don't care what fantasy football folks have to say about that.

He didn't really play much on Sunday. Clayton said this morning that he didn't believe the Hamstring was serious, but that he was kept out more as a chance to rest him, so he may well be doing alright, especially with the extra day of rest this week. Time will tell.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":25h3r4vk said:
With our next game being a Monday, the normal schedule is put back by a day. Lynch never practices on Wednesday, so I'd expect no real news before Friday. Pete will be asked in his press conferences, but he may be vague about it. If he practices on Friday, he's good to go.

Nailed it.

sutz

Reaction score
naholmes":14uthjlf said:
He got an MRI on his hamstring today so apparently there is some concern about it:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4186/marshawn-lynch
I think that is standard practice any more. They are getting better and better at diagnosing soft tissue problems. If he tweaked it, it's a possible muscle tear, so an MRI sounds like it would be a great diagnostic tool. Better to get a good look at it. That's the problem with leg/lower body problems, if not handled properly they lead to problems in other areas.

After Sunday, I'm tempted to say we don't need him against the Lions. We'll see, though. I'd like to see him active, but not necessarily in come Monday night. Marsh wouldn't like it, of course, but we'll need him later on in the year. I'd hate to compound the problem further.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I love what The Beast usd to do for us, but sad to say his time is about over

sutz

Reaction score
Marlin Man":e6ng2zie said:
I love what The Beast usd to do for us, but sad to say his time is about over
Too soon to say that IMHO. I do think that 'Shawn has to realize that if the coaches sit him, it is for the good of the whole team, not just him. He has the heart of a lion, but he needs to listen to the coaches and trainers. I actually suspect that Pete & Co were going to sit him Sunday, but he talked himself onto the field. In the end, we didn't necessarily need him in that game, but I think we will come Nov-Feb.

titan3131

Reaction score
picked up rawls for this week in fantasy! lets get him a big game!

marko358

Reaction score
titan3131":dmwpdtmt said:
picked up rawls for this week in fantasy! lets get him a big game!

We're all rooting for you. Please keep us posted! :common069:

sutz

Reaction score
If it's really not serious, that is great news.

But I have no problem if they sit him this week. I'd almost prefer they did, and let the hammie and the calf rest an extra week. It looks like Rawls could handle it for one more week, at least. Come Nov/Dec/Jan, we're gonna need Beast Mode to be in top shape, if at all possible.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1idgj75p said:

In the same vein, the following week the schedule is compressed by a day, so if he plays this week and he isn't 100% healthy it could be harder to bounce back on a short week. Because of this, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play this week.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
marko358":x5hha137 said:
Yeah, I don't like NOT seeing Lynch play, but when Marshawn throws everything he has into being 'THE BEAST', there will come a time when those little whammies start taking their toll on his body.
I would much rather see Lynch take whatever time necessary to heal up, IF he can.
Sucks to think of the accumulative damage that he's already sustained from all that pounding.