Anyone else think Lynch is malingering?

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
I think he is protesting over Kam's failure to get a new deal. Just my opinion though.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Is this a joke? How diabolically-evil do you think Lynch is?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sigh. No. Just like Kam wasn't hiding a career ending injury.

McG

Reaction score
Best case scenario is that he is just saving himself for the post-season push and the actual post season. He's old (in RB years) and he knows it. Against a team like the Bears, he's going to shut it down for just about any reason. If he is still on the sidelines week 9 and on, then you can worry. Although, to say he's mad about the Kam deal, that's just nuts. I don't see how an offensive guy would give a crap about the defensive version of him getting paid. Beast knows Kam is a huge part of the team. He's not nearly as stupid as people would like to think he is, last I heard Marshawn Lynch attended Cal-Berkeley. Regardless if it was on a football scholarship, Cal in the same "league" as Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Duke, Princeton, MIT, etc. Just because he talks, acts, looks and plays like a thug, doesn't mean he's not highly intelligent. He's not going to pout on the sidelines because a guy on his team got paid.

Rocket

Reaction score
I think he is protesting over Kam's failure to get a new deal. Just my opinion though.
Huh?? What?? Huh?? What SPECIFIC set of circumstances are seen that support this "opinion"? Note that the Doc's saw enough to do an MRI. That in and of itself is proof that the Beast is injured to some degree. Also see comment on Rawls, above.

To be honest this seems like something a sportswriter would casually pull out of his own arse in hopes of getting a better gig.

Alexander

Reaction score
Even if Lynch is 100% on Kam's side, he wouldn't throw 51 teammates under the bus as a show of support. I say 51 rather than 50 because I'm pretty sure Kam wants to win, too.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
183904fd122bd0e64b.jpg

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No!Don't you see the pounding the Beast takes over and over?Yeah he's faking it.

Fade

Reaction score
Just like Kam was only holding out because he was injured...RIGHT./s :mrgreen:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":1cwb4uv1 said:
Your opinion, as expressed in this post, is wacked. Just my opinion though.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hey, anything is possible. Perhaps Kam would have wound up on IR. Maybe they felt he needed the rest. Walter used to sit out every training camp. Kam sat out a little longer. Maybe Lynch is hurt. Maybe Chicago is a great team to just give him some rest.

Super Bowl seasons are long and this team could use a few less games.

If the option is IR or excuses, take the excuses.

Rob12

Reaction score
Marshawn is banged up. He may never be the Beast we knew before, but he is still damn good. I love Rawls, though. He has a great burst and while he may not be as physical as Marshawn (few in league history were), he's your textbook Seahawk - everyone has no idea who he is, but he's going to make some noise.

I think Marshawn is declining, but I also think he's still good for 1,100 yards and the occasional monster game. At some point, this team, and specifically this offense, has to learn to move on from him. He's played with a very hard running style for backs and he is pushing 30.

No, I am not betting against Beast. I hope I am wrong. But what I see with my naked eye is a back that is hitting that age threshold and his playing style hasn't done him any favors.

The talent is still there, but I think his body is breaking down a bit. I hate believing that, but it's what I think.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":23o0qaxf said:
Lynch....malinger....because of Kam...who is back..

I hear Pro Football Talk and a few other tabloids are hiring, if you're interested.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Wenhawk":okz3uelv said:
I wouldn't put it past him to back his boy Kam like this.

Lynch, referred to by his teammates as the ultimate teammate, would throw the rest of the team under the bus for one man? Try again.