So if the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl . . .

HawkGA

Reaction score
Who gets Coach of the Year over PC and who gets Executive of the Year over JS? Will it go to Arizona and Indy again? Because I think we are way too far into the Seahawks dynasty for whoever votes on that to admit they've made a mistake the last two years.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If they get to the SB, it'd be a somewhat historical feat that the league will need to notice.

Presently however it's a tad early to be talking like that when the team is 1-2 and we are about to play the 4th regular season game.

This discussion needs to happen when the 'if' happens.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Coach of the year tends to go to the coach of the team that has the biggest turnaround year.

In 2011 it went to Jim Harbaugh (First year as Niner Coach)
In 2012 it went to Bruce Arians (Interem coach for Pagano, First year of Luck)
In 2013 it went to Ron Rivera ( 12-4 after going 7-9)
In 2014 it went to Bruce Arians (Started 9-1 and Palmer got hurt. If im not mistaken they had a bunch of early injuries and still won. This may be an exception as they were 10-6 the year before)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aren't all the awards votes cast before the playoffs start? I can't remember if it's like MLB where all the votes are cast before the playoffs or SB.

If so Ted Thompson and McCarthy are locks. GB's built a great team, and did it without much free agent help. I'd imagine that goes a long way with voters.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves here? We should all be collectively focused on the next game. Direct all your fan-energy ("fanergy?") toward Monday night's game against the Lions!

:sarcasm_off:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
minormillikin":3ssnhisu said:
Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves here? We should all be collectively focused on the next game. Direct all your fan-energy ("fanergy?") toward Monday night's game against the Lions!

Well here's what happens.

People log on, and if there's not at least 5-6 "everyone hates us" threads on the front page............................. by law they have to create one. Sorry man, it's in the forum bylaws.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
We would be the first NFC team to make 3 straight SB's.
That's not noteworthy enough for "The Shield" to hand Seattle an award.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":l4ab8d0l said:
minormillikin":l4ab8d0l said:

People log on, and if there's not at least 5-6 "everyone hates us" threads on the front page............................. by law they have to create one. Sorry man, it's in the forum bylaws.

EOT

hawker84

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33h17b45 said:
minormillikin":33h17b45 said:

Slow opposing team and fan week I suppose. Plus I'm pretty sure the coaches and players attentions and focus is right where it needs to be.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2v9woga1 said:
What's with the "if"?

;) Mea Culpa!

Thought the cart was getting a bit ahead of the horse with the OP.

I'm a believer.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Yikes! To use a golf analogy; let's just get this next shot in the fairway. Monday is another game that comes with the automatic expectation of victory for the Seahawks. That is a good thing as long as it is accompanied by great execution. I fully expect the Seahawks to come in and crush the Lions, but I recognize that it's football and they have some great offensive players and stuff happens. If the Seahawks can crush them in a traditional prime time beatdown then we look a lot better to steal one in the Natti on the following Sunday morning (imho).

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
There's that word again...
Dynasty.

I thought that word was supposed to be used after the fact. I don't think it's a word that should be used to describe anything about the current Seahawks. NFL.com and other media outlets just fly off the cuff with words like that. They did the same with our rivalry vs SF. The two teams finally had a couple of good games and they're annointed one of the top rivalries in sports.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
minormillikin":3ijhct9x said:

I agree of all the years I have been involved in team sports this is the worst thing that anyone can think . It sets it up for disaster in the end ONE GAME A TIME PEOPLE