Hugh Millen's breakdown of the Graham TD other points

ivotuk

Reaction score
Running from under center: A major portion of Seattle’s running game has been from shotgun formation, with Marshawn Lynch aligned to either side of quarterback Russell Wilson.

• Tyler Lockett kickoff return: Lockett’s return highlighted a resounding victory in the kicking game for Seattle.

Jimmy Graham touchdown catch: Ahead 13-0 with 4:28 left in the third quarter, Seattle aligned in a double-set (two receivers to each side of the formation) “squeeze” alignment. Graham was aligned on the left side, close to Lockett. Such a formation allowed Graham and Lockett to crisscross their release, with Lockett releasing inside on his “shallow cross” route and Graham then releasing outside.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... obinsource

mikeak

Reaction score
Thanks for the link

To me more interesting than the first quote is this: Under center, however, the Seahawks had 16 attempts for 106 yards and a 6.6-yard average

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
mikeak":1rtnpxrd said:
Thanks for the link

To me more interesting than the first quote is this: Under center, however, the Seahawks had 16 attempts for 106 yards and a 6.6-yard average

That is impressive and I think that's what Pete really wants, run from under center, successfully.

sc85sis

Reaction score
A potentially interesting bit of trivia is that USC virtually never used shotgun under Pete. Using pistol and shotgun is a newer thing in his offensive philosophy and our heavy use is directly tied to the unique skills of our starting QB.