Times Don Shelton rounds up rankings

ivotuk

Reaction score
Some good quotes in there:

"Marshawn Lynch gets hurt and Pete Carroll puts in a rookie free agent from Central Michigan who rushes for more than 100 yards. Classic Seahawks."

“Everyone seems to forget that Seattle started last season 3–3 before clicking into another gear,” wrote Chris Burke of SI.com. “This team will be fine.”

"They’re officially off the mat. But another indication of O-line’s ongoing struggles: Russell Wilson is on pace to be sacked 64 times."

"The defensive tackle with the highest pass rushing productivity this season is Jordan Hill at 12.2. He has one hit and five hurries on 37 pass rushes."

""

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... first-win/

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Good stuff. I think a lot of people saw a fair probability that we'd start the season 0-2, and the fact that we had plenty of unexpected issues (Kam...defense not playing tight in general) caught us off guard. The OL was expected to be bad, but has in reality been even worse, and that didn't help matters either. That said, while not playing well at all we STILL had a chance to win both of our first 2 games.

With all the unexpected frustrations, it's no wonder that locals and nationals have been freaking out. Even so, we're trending in the right direction and I think its probable that we'll start the season at 4-2. We may not get style points, but I see us getting back to our game: Starting off slower than we'd like and then slowly but surely strangling our opposition until the 4th until they roll over and we cement another 2 touchdown victory.

Go Hawks!