Week 4 Injury Reports -- Marshawn & Mebane OUT

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ai456ds said:
Holy cow, Simon's injured? Never would've guessed.

KPL has also had his struggles with injuries. It's really too bad, because they are both talented. I just don't know whether they can count on either to be a full-time starter. Assuming Irvin goes elsewhere, we will probably need to add another starter-quality OLB.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawknation2015":ovuxwpmf said:
hawksfansinceday1":ovuxwpmf said:

KPL has also had his struggles with injuries. It's really too bad, because they are both talented. I just don't know whether they can count on either to be a full-time starter. Assuming Irvin goes elsewhere, we will probably need to add another starter-quality OLB.
Agree with everything you said.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Final Injury Report:
Sh89igf

Simon and Terrell have each been ruled out, as expected. Marshawn, Mebane, Dobbs, and KPL are all questionable.

Detroit's starting RB Joique Bell and TE Brandon Pettigrew are both OUT. Expect to see more snaps for rookie RB Ameer Abdullah, explosive but lacks ball security and consistency, and 2nd year TE Eric Ebron. Larry Warford, their best offensive linemen, is also questionable.

Detroit's starting OLB DeAndre Levy is doubtful. Starting DE Ezekiel Ansah is questionable. Those are two of their better playmakers on defense.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
NOTE: Carroll said during today's press conference that Demarcus Dobbs is OUT, though he is listed as questionable on the final injury report. Will Tukuafu will be available to play on the defensive line to add depth.

marko358

Reaction score
hawknation2015":259celnu said:
Carroll also said he doesn't think KPL will make it to play in this game.
Oh boy. Between him and Simon we have two very gifted athletes who struggle to stay healthy. So frustrating.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
marko358":3ni7dcjq said:
hawknation2015":3ni7dcjq said:
Carroll also said he doesn't think KPL will make it to play in this game.
Oh boy. Between him and Simon we have two very gifted athletes who struggle to stay healthy. So frustrating.

Simon has been out so much that I'm expecting an attack of hemorrhoids momentarily! :roll:

Rob12

Reaction score
Tharold Simon is too young to be on the injury report every week. Dude has had to of missed more games than he's played in, right? Seems he takes up a precious 53 man spot when he is never on the field.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rob12":2melj1i7 said:
Tharold Simon is too young to be on the injury report every week. Dude has had to of missed more games than he's played in, right? Seems he takes up a precious 53 man spot when he is never on the field.

I think they need to make sure that toe is healthy enough that it doesn't get dislocated again like it did when Simon played against Green Bay. No reason to risk it when Sherman, Williams, Burley, and Smith are all healthy. Shead can also play relatively well as a boundary corner if needed. Carroll said on Saturday that Simon has a good chance to be ready to play next Sunday.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/650768148887506945[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/650768223508430848[/tweet]

kearly

Reaction score
Andy Dalton is in the midst of a career year, and 10am on the road is going to be a huge test for the defense. We might need the offense to score 30+ to win that game, so it makes sense to rest Lynch and hope for the best next week.

The last thing you want behind our crappy OL is an injured RB. Even if Lynch did suit up, Rawls would probably outplay him this week.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2sd5wzo6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2sd5wzo6 said:

Yup, KPL is a little light in the pants for that position, and I'm starting to wonder when they're going to cut bait on Simon. They sat him out his entire first year to get healthy, and he's repaid them by nothing but injuries since. It's a good thing Morgan is looking healthy as Irvin looks questionable as well.

The plus side is that Detroit's injury report is worse than ours. Most of those guys are real impact players for them.