Frank Clark

Atradees

Reaction score
Not a trusted part of the rotatation playing 20 percent or so as far as I can tell. Mebane is down...maybe that goes up as Hill is expected to start in his place?

cover-2

Reaction score
Clark should be getting more reps. Clark is a better pass rusher than Bruce Irvin and Clark is a more disruptive player with the limited amount of snaps he is given.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Frank is going to get more play.
He looked a little lost the few snaps he got in the first couple of games, but looked really good vs the Bears. His first Monday night game vs a team that was in his backyard in College may just be his national arrival.

McGruff

Reaction score
Clark's snap count has increased each week. Expect that to continue. Carroll singled him out week 3 as well as a player that is playing really well.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I was going to post a thread asking if anyone has seen or done their own research on the snap count for the DLine.

Figure it factors into this thread so i'll post here first.

Seemed like in the red/clem year we rotated a ton, but last year was less, and this year from my untrained eye looks like we rotate even less. Anyone have the numbers to back me up or make me look a fool? thx

jammerhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":15cns8bc said:
Clark's snap count has increased each week. Expect that to continue. Carroll singled him out week 3 as well as a player that is playing really well.

This!

Every player on the team earns their PT by practicing well and rookies are brought along carefully.

I expect to see many good things from clark before the end of this season.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":34dld7tp said:

I'm inclined to go this route. We saw this in previous years with rotation guys (Richardson, Irvin etc.). The only rooks that got a ton of time were players who earned exclusive roles like Britt, Wagner, Wilson.

Ultimately, I think Clark is most effective around 40-45% snap count. Which I expect he'll get to soon even if there aren't any injuries forcing him on the field. Seattle was best in 2013 where they had a liberal rotation in for both Avril and Bennett. Clark looks sublimely suited to do that going forward.

Similarly, I would expect Lockett's snap counts to increase over the following weeks in the offensive rotation.

titan3131

Reaction score
With mebane out and hill starting I expect to see a good dose of clark.

Willyeye

Reaction score
gowazzu02":147ycss7 said:
I was going to post a thread asking if anyone has seen or done their own research on the snap count for the DLine.

Figure it factors into this thread so i'll post here first.

Seemed like in the red/clem year we rotated a ton, but last year was less, and this year from my untrained eye looks like we rotate even less. Anyone have the numbers to back me up or make me look a fool? thx

I made a new thread in answer to your question. It's "Is the 2015 D-Line better with less rest?"

I would say that the DL has improved a lot even though the players get rotated less. I see Hill and Clark both becoming a force to be reckoned with in the NFL. Avril's play against the run has improved tremendously. And I think overall since 2013, the D-Line is way better than it was with Bryant, Clemons, McDonald McDaniel and Schofield. It remains to be seen, but I anticipate, now that Kam's back, that in 2015, the D will be the best version in Seahawk history. If Wagner and the secondary can improve at all, the 2015 Seahawks D will be one of the best in NFL history. Of course all of this depends on the D staying healthy. I'm hoping that the D won't skip a beat even without Mebane tonight. Lucky for us that the Lions have a horrible run game. I'm predicting a huge night for Clark...I think Rubin and Hill are going to beat the crap out of the Lions O-Line, leaving a lot of holes for Clark, Bennett and Avril. With Mebane out, King will probably be active for this game, and hopefully Dobbs and King can fill in for Mebane on the rotation.