Seahawks and Lions are the only two teams in NFL...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
... without an offensive play over 40 yards.

Interesting stat.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
For as much as Pete relies on those 50-yard bombs to Baldwin to make up for our other offensive failings, this is surprising.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
This is part of the reason the offense has been shut down. We have hardly any explosive plays and that is what our offense relies on

sutz

Reaction score
Well, our run game has been slow to develop so far this season, too. That will play into it, since our scheme depends less on pure pass protection and more on the play action passing game. A run fake is supposed to give our team an extra step to provide time to get receivers deeper on their routes, not to mention pulling defender into the run box so said receivers are in single coverage more often. I don't think Marshawn has been 100% this season, and I look forward to what Mini-Beast can do. If the running game breaks out like it looked to be doing against the Bears, our upcoming opponents will have some things to deal with.

Each facet of the offense supports and enables the other.

It started to come together a little bit the past two games. I expect improvement again this week, since Detroit's D-line has lost some quality players. Between Lockett and Graham, I expect this stat to get better soon. We started out playing two of the best D-lines in the league, and Chigago ain't exactly chopped liver up front. I think Detroit is no longer in that class of D-line.

leto69

Reaction score
The lack of BIG plays and the run game are all a result of the offensive philosophy in the first half of each game. VERY short passing game nothing more than 5 yards of the ball in the air. This is to protect Russell from the poor O- Line, but at the same time it allows 10 of the 11 defensive personel to play within 7 yards of the line of scrimmage. Making running lanes few and far between and the passes don't get us where we need to be. Worst team in the league on 3rd down conversions of 3-6 yards needed.
In the Second half we all the sudden open up more roll outs to create space and opportunities to throw past 5 yards. Yes Russell has a 70% completion rate but they are not converting 3rd down and getting much needed yardage because of the conservative play calls and passing decisions. They need to open it up early, make the D play honest and give the running game a chance while they atleast respect we could go deep to Locket

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2015":elpd83pg said:
Also, they are two of four teams to have played just three games.

200 s

Stat was current entering Week 4.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2iqd04ep said:
Lockett was open deep several times vs Chicago.

But, Wilson had no time.

Its all on the O line.

Bingo.

5 & 7 step drops require something our O-line can't provide Russell right now..................time.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":20i46eas said:
Lockett was open deep several times vs Chicago.

But, Wilson had no time.

Its all on the O line.
I saw one play where he hit him perfecty in the corner of the end zone, but the ball just went through the rook's arms. I don't think there's any question anymore about whether Lockette can get over the top of the defense in the NFL. GO HAWKS!

kujohawk

Reaction score
leto69":2fq30p1f said:
The lack of BIG plays and the run game are all a result of the offensive philosophy in the first half of each game. VERY short passing game nothing more than 5 yards of the ball in the air. This is to protect Russell from the poor O- Line, but at the same time it allows 10 of the 11 defensive personel to play within 7 yards of the line of scrimmage. Making running lanes few and far between and the passes don't get us where we need to be. Worst team in the league on 3rd down conversions of 3-6 yards needed.
In the Second half we all the sudden open up more roll outs to create space and opportunities to throw past 5 yards. Yes Russell has a 70% completion rate but they are not converting 3rd down and getting much needed yardage because of the conservative play calls and passing decisions. They need to open it up early, make the D play honest and give the running game a chance while they atleast respect we could go deep to Locket

Pretty well sums up my line of thinking as well. I hope RW can do some slicing and dicing and open up some in the first half