ESPN Insider: Gruden Article on Russell Wilson

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Anyone have ESPN Insider who would care to share the article with us. It's currently on the front page of ESPN's website. Thanks in advance!

mikeak

Reaction score
Just don't do it here -- sorry OP but not allowed to paste full articles regardless of pay status

Someone could post highlights from it / thoughts

chris98251

Reaction score
Paraphrasing highlights is not illegal, posting whole articals is, posting a small paragraph is acceptable if you also post a link and credit the source and author.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't aware of the rules.

In that case, can anyone paraphrase? Thanks!

Ambrose83

Reaction score
It says hes a good pocket passer and if the line gives him time he shows it, just that that does not happen often. It says he is fearless and never ever gets rattled and just keeps plugging away no matter what, and it says he can run any type offense and make any throw you can think of. Syas there is a reason we were 7-9 before him and without him thats about what we would be as well.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
#Gruden'd

Gotta respect the mans opinion, and I really do get the sense he places Russell pretty highly among the qb's in the game. With that said, dude loves err'body.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Ambrose83":l4zisvro said:
It says hes a good pocket passer and if the line gives him time he shows it, just that that does not happen often. It says he is fearless and never ever gets rattled and just keeps plugging away no matter what, and it says he can run any type offense and make any throw you can think of. Syas there is a reason we were 7-9 before him and without him thats about what we would be as well.

Ya...you could see that in the Superbowl. Against Denver the line gave him plenty of time and he shredded the hell out of Denvers D. I truly believe his performance is criminally underrated by alot of people in that superbowl. They kept the clock going and kept Manning off the field as much as possible in that first half.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":y0ty3ka8 said:
Ambrose83":y0ty3ka8 said:

Ya...you could see that in the Superbowl. Against Denver the line gave him plenty of time and he shredded the hell out of Denvers D. I truly believe his performance is criminally underrated by alot of people in that superbowl. They kept the clock going and kept Manning off the field as much as possible in that first half.
I agree 110%!
When I hear fans saying he can't be a pocket passer, I point to XLVIII and tell them to watch that game. Give him time and he can be a pocket passer.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't think the media really doubts RW anymore. I think most "experts" consider him as a top 5 or 6 QB. Everyone has Brady and Rodgers as the lead dogs, but after that I think RW is in the conversation.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Media no, but fans yes, Wilson was voted most overrated QB I believe, and some fans here also believe it. After today's game and some of the fumbling issues Wilson had today, I'm pretty sure they will be back to tot their own horns.