Argh, kearse is slow!!

kearly

Reaction score
I wonder if he's playing through an injury. Kearse had pretty good speed in years past (tons of explosive plays, preseason kickoff return TD, etc). In this game he looked like he was plodding after the catch.

ivotuk

Reaction score
LOL @jseahawks. I would move it, but I love to point and laugh :p And my wrist hurts... j/k

jblaze

Reaction score
Dude looks like he's running in sand this year. Also it seems he always tries to run too hard and ends up falling down on his own.

Seems very slow for an NFL WR.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Which is kind of weird, because he showed some really good finishing speed as recently as the playoff game against Carolina January.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I actually thought it was Jon Ryan running with the ball then noticed it was Kearse. He does look really slow out there. No wonder he does not get much separation on routes. He looks like he is jogging.

Hawkintent

Reaction score
cdn hawk fan":m66eslw7 said:
I actually thought it was Jon Ryan running with the ball then noticed it was Kearse. He does look really slow out there. No wonder he does not get much separation on routes. He looks like he is jogging.

That is exactly what I thought as well... I was extremely confused for a second

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
ivotuk":3lqiq8xr said:
LOL @jseahawks. I would move it, but I love to point and laugh :p And my wrist hurts... j/k

Just trying to make sure you mods had some work to do last night.

seahawks08

Reaction score
First he ran his route, then he came back to help RW, then he caught it and ran as slow as possible so that he can kill the clock. I think he did perfectly well to not score but manage the clock given the situation.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
You're going to see what you're going to see, but Kearse is absolutely not slow.

Kearse is a glider. He's not a quick twitch really quick player, but at full speed he'll outrun just about anybody. Where Kearse excels is beating the press, owning the redline, and getting downfield and going up and getting the ball. He's not a quick slot player that gets in and out of cuts lightning quick. Kearse is almost tailor made for sideline catches and just downfield plays in general. That does give him an edge on in and out routes as well because the defender does need to worry about the deep play, however.

Conversely, Doug Baldwin has that ridiculous 6.56 3 cone time that illustrates is quickness. He uses that to create separation vs a more streamlined vertical Kearse kind of style. Baldwin looks fast in the short area, but he'll almost always get caught from behind on a long play. Kearse will actually outrun a defense at full stride...just takes him a bit longer to get to full speed unlike a 0-60 guy like Baldwin.

Again though, you're going to see what you're going to see. It's like those "Michael isn't explosive" comments. Why bother....

kobebryant

Reaction score
Kearse is on pace for, statistically, a pretty good season considering this offense. 64 catches, 944 yards

Baldwin (80 catches, 792 yards, 8 TD) and Graham (72 catches, 696 yards, 8 TD) not too shabby either. Though obviously it should get better for Jimmy from here.

timmat

Reaction score
Nobody has ever took Kearse for a burner, but last night there seemed to be a noticeable issue with his footspeed. On his first catch and run, I mistakenly thought he turned an ankle and was limping. He had some nice plays though. Regardless of the negative opinions of him, it's clear Russell has a comfort level with him. I wish he'd re-focus that trust to Graham or Matthews - two guys who could do damage without the need for space or separation.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
But darn sure-handed. As per his habit, he made some big catches again.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Exactly, what I was thinking!

Would have been great if we scored another pass TD!

Kearse looked like he runs 4.9 forty!

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was "tired" from all the scrambling!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
HawkerD":185kqyqg said:
gowazzu02":185kqyqg said:
Siouxhawk":185kqyqg said:
But darn sure-handed. As per his habit, he made some big catches again.

Sarcasm?
Haters will be Haters. After he is gone you'll wish we still had him.

Haters? He's on my favorite team so I root like crazy for him. But I will never forget the hole he put them in in the nfccg, and the drops in the superbowl that made the 1 yard line thing possible...