Our offense is booty :(

Basis4day

Reaction score
King Dog":2xitkuts said:
Goodnight :)

No. The players on the oline are the ones to be concerned about. Not Bevell. Not the wide receivers. Not the offense as a whole. The oline.

blue 22

Reaction score
Basis4day":1vhqpp68 said:
King Dog":1vhqpp68 said:

No. The players on the oline are the ones to be concerned about. Not Bevell. Not the wide receivers. Not the offense as a whole. The oline.

LOL rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright

Optimus25

Reaction score
Basis4day":vwc7xhwn said:
King Dog":vwc7xhwn said:

Glad you're drinking the koolaid. Jimmy Graham having 2 targets by what?. Midway thru the third when our offense was struggling all night?. Bevell is literally the biggest moron i have ever seen attempt a profession.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Basis4day":1zehc9q2 said:
King Dog":1zehc9q2 said:

Wrong, Bevell is a major portion of the problem, as is Cable, the O-line, as is our QB turning the ball over.

If you want to claim that horrible game planning and horrible play calling are not major issues, I guess it's your prerogative to live in that land of make believe.

getnasty

Reaction score
Do you really think Bevell is saying "hey let's not target Jimmy Graham"? He can call plays but is doesn't matter if Russ doesn't throw him the ball. Russell makes his pre snap read and goes from there.

RussB

Reaction score
red grenadine":2sw7fhr2 said:
Just throw it to Jimmy Graham. Why don't we do this?
Honestly they might just be using him as a decoy at this point

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
We're spreading the ball around A LOT better than we ever did last year.

As bad as the offense was tonight, we put up 350 yards.

If our worst effort still results in moving the ball for league average yardage, I'm pretty optimistic.

Oh by the way, we're starting an undrafted rookie as our running back. With Lynch, things will open up more.

justafan

Reaction score
red grenadine":8jc2525w said:

The Saints got rid of him for a reason.He isnt the savior for our offense people think he is.

Optimus25

Reaction score
getnasty":3gfw6i31 said:
Do you really think Bevell is saying "hey let's not target Jimmy Graham"? He can call plays but is doesn't matter if Russ doesn't throw him the ball. Russell makes his pre snap read and goes from there.

No.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
justafan":3b0udss6 said:
red grenadine":3b0udss6 said:

The Saints got rid of him for a reason.He isnt the savior for our offense people think he is.
Wrong, they were and are in cap hell.

Oh, and there is a reason your buddy DB hasn't gotten a HC'ing gig, why do you think that is? Bad luck????

Or maybe, he just isn't very good at his job.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I have watched the Seahawks for a lot of years, as I am sure many of you have.

The idea that we pin this all on the OL is fallacy. Yes, the OL is terrible.

I have seen worse OLs as a Seahawk fan. What I have not seen is the combination of this bad an OL with that bad of an OC, with essentially no RB (Rawls is not a starter no matter how we shine him up).

The question is whether the money we spent to keep Wilson would have fixed the line, I doubt it. There is clearly an OL shortage across the league* (reference in other threads) so it isn't like the market was full for it.

But an offense gets judged by the results, not the excuses for why it is failing. Right now, Wilson is great at turning broken plays into big plays but within the context of the offense he cannot produce. Now is that his fault or Bevell? Because one or the other is responsible, I assert it is Bevell. (Since if it is Wilson, we are pretty screwed...we have a lot invested in him being more than a bus driver or sandlot savior)

As it is, it is clear both Bevell and Wilson were benefiting from Lynch taking most of the defenses' focus. So without him, we either need Bevell to get 48 hour flu, temporary food poisoning or Wilson to start gameplanning around his own OC. At this point a healthy Bevell is probably the greatest obstacle to reaching the playoffs we face...

gonzhawk

Reaction score
The offense is a shared responsibility with both Bevell and Cable-and for me I blame Cable and the ridiculous charade to stroke his ego and turn lead into gold? how about something better than this? who ever heard of this? we are winning the last two game in spite of the horrible oline experiment-cmon man! why is Pete letting this happen?

ps. off topic, but I feel like Jimmy was open all nite---all nite! and Russ didn't pull the trigger? did he not see him? ugh!

blue 22

Reaction score
we are never going to make the superbowl ever again with bevell as our O coordinator.