refs gave us the win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I've watched football my whole life and have never seen that called a penalty. Ever! Such bullcrap to make this a big deal.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure I understood where you were going with it

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Regardless of the rule, it was close. The ref said he didn't wind up, that's why he didn't call it. This is how the media turns a sloppy game into headlines. Complete garbage.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The irony is that the regular refs got this one totally wrong. But the replacement refs got the Wail Mary call totally correct.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
"I bet Cheat Caroll paid them refs off!" - Every Niners Fan

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":rlwko2lx said:
The irony is that the regular refs got this one totally wrong. But the replacement refs got the Wail Mary call totally correct.
Yes they did, but they missed Tate's blatant OPI on the "wail Mary", and they had a phantom PI on Kam that led to a GB Td drive before that........ oh well. 8)

Exittium

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ko6x4gh said:
SalishHawkFan":2ko6x4gh said:
Yes they did, but they missed Tate's blatant OPI on the "wail Mary", and they had a phantom PI on Kam that led to a GB Td drive before that........ oh well. 8)
Well funny enough on a long ball from stafford where williams and earl was infront of tate,he pushed williams as well and got no call...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I knew it was a rule and was relieved as hell it wasn't called. Because it would have been a bullshit way to end a very good play.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Really?

Give your head a shake, last year Thomas swats the ball away for a touchback, this year Chancellor.

Thought RW almost gave the game away b/c of horrendous OLine pass pro, but the D saved the day, barely.

It was ugly, but a W. Detroit is a better team than their record.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Don't even care. Take that "W" to the bank, baby.

cmc0605

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":193kdrng said:

lol you still have fans who believe fail mary was correct?

Polaris

Reaction score
cmc0605":25camss7 said:
SalishHawkFan":25camss7 said:

It was. Cold Hard Football facts analyzed this frame by frame using the one angle that ESPN never shows...the back of the endzone angle filmed by KCPQ. In that film, you say Tate stopping the ball with one hand (thus starting the establishment of possession), then you see the Greenbay player get both hands on the football (but Tate's hand never stops contacting the football) which means he too starts to establish possession. Tate brings up his other hand as both fall to the ground. Result: SIMULTANEOUS POSSESSION (which goes to the offense).

However ESPN was invested in blasting the replacement refs....regardless of the facts and regardless that that play was reviewed by the real officials not once but twice.

Seafan

Reaction score
cmc0605":n27aksj6 said:
SalishHawkFan":n27aksj6 said:

It was correct. Tate was the first to have possession in end zone. Touchdown. Game over.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Reaneypark":16ywsj25 said:
I've watched football my whole life and have never seen that called a penalty. Ever! Such bullcrap to make this a big deal.

I have but only against the offense.

drdiags

Reaction score
KJ Wright is an idiot. Grab the damn ball unless you are worried Tate is going to take it out of your hands.

Mick063

Reaction score
I have not read the thread, so these points have probably been declared already:

The ball momentum would have carried the ball out without being tapped. There was no Lion within range to recover it or change the outcome of the game.

Even if Detroit gained possession, they would have still been behind. In other words, they would still have to score on that defense.

That call didn't mean crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.