Glass half full

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
We had 350 yards of offense in an extremely poor effort.

Our defense was money.

If we can just get back to being below average on the O-Line like last year and get Lynch healthy, we should be optimistic for winning the division. Definitely needs work but we've made in-season adjustments in the past to fix problems, I have faith in Carroll to right the ship.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Let's give some credit to Russ as well. Fumbles aside, dude went 20/26 for for %76.9 to 9 different receivers, 1 TD, 0 INTs.

Fumbles aside...

OP
OP
H

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":tscf46za said:
Let's give some credit to Russ as well. Fumbles aside, dude went 20/26 for for %76.9 to 9 different receivers, 1 TD, 0 INTs.

Fumbles aside...

Agreed.

Some massive positives from Lockett too, he's already starting to look like a great receiver.

I'm actually extremely optimistic about our passing game. Our receivers are making plays. Kearse had two huge catches tonight too, and BJ Daniels making his first appearance as well.

Overall, we should be thrilled that 9 different players made a reception today. When was the last time that happened? We have potential to finally have a really good passing game if we can get this o-line figured out.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I think the offense will get there. We were a couple of plays away from a very comfortable win.

Plus we turned the ball over three times tonight, doesn't happen too much at home, NFCCG aside.

kearly

Reaction score
This might have been the most exaggerated Wilson performance I've ever seen from him.

While Wilson is fast and can make magic happen in the open field, his ability to elude sacks in the pocket is below average. The OL was terrible tonight, but it felt like Wilson was at least partially at fault on three or four of the sacks he took. Wilson is known for taking some sacks he maybe shouldn't take, and tonight he took a crapload of them.

Wilson is also known for fumbling a lot, and tonight he had two fumbles.

But at the same time, Wilson is known for creating magic even when the offense around him is a total disaster. And tonight, our offense was abysmal and Wilson willed the team to 350 yards. Before the two fumbles I was wondering if this was perhaps Wilson's most impressive game yet, given the results he was achieving with such little help.

I think our QB is fine, but I don't think we are winning another SB for as long as Wilson is forced to do the full magic act against a winless team at home and barely win.

Hopefully Marshawn comes back for the Bengals game. Hopefully Patrick Lewis gets a start at center sooner than later. Hopefully the Seahawks remember that sacks and interceptions are good. Hopefully Seattle adds a blocking TE. Hopefully Britt turns into an NFL player.

But more than any of those things, I just want to see the negative plays stop. Seattle has had an unbelievable number of negative plays on offense this season, it's a wonder that they ever find the end zone at all when they are going backwards every third play.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":1ujtpi8f said:
Hopefully Marshawn comes back for the Bengals game. Hopefully Patrick Lewis gets a start at center sooner than later. Hopefully the Seahawks remember that sacks and interceptions are good. Hopefully Seattle adds a blocking TE. Hopefully Britt turns into an NFL player.

This is where we're at in a nutshell. Bravo.

In sum, Wilson was a huge plus in this game. The two fumbles were obviously back-breakers, but one was at least 50% on Nowak. Russ was trending pretty high in my mind before those turnovers.

Pretty clear though that Marshawn probably makes the run blocking look a lot better than it is, which Rawls isn't ready for yet. I hope Cable doesn't flush the season by being stubborn with his projects on OL.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1i1zwft5 said:
kearly":1i1zwft5 said:

This is where we're at in a nutshell. Bravo.

In sum, Wilson was a huge plus in this game. The two fumbles were obviously back-breakers, but one was at least 50% on Nowak. Russ was trending pretty high in my mind before those turnovers.

Pretty clear though that Marshawn probably makes the run blocking look a lot better than it is, which Rawls isn't ready for yet. I hope Cable doesn't flush the season by being stubborn with his projects on OL.

If we thought that this game was a "must win".....next week's game in Cinci will tell us what this team is REALLY made of. A win there will put fear in the hearts in the rest of the NFL. A "thumping" will change our outlook for the rest of the season.

timmat

Reaction score
Russ is a very unique talent, and I can't think of another QB that would have any success with this O line. Yes, some of it is his doing. But poor O line play and a system that requires him to never throw picks have conditioned him to this style. He helped bring us a title, and continues to make some of the most incredible plays I've ever seen each week. It's beautiful to watch Rodgers or Brady throw the ball. But it's insanely entertaining to watch Russell work in his own style. I hope he evolves, but for now, we are seeing a unique talent make great plays out of nothing on a regular basis.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
My biggest concern is the bulk of the gains Wilson brought in were off broken plays.

I don't think that broken plays are sustainable. And very likely, a season of that is going to end with some very important people getting hurt - as bodies crashing into each other at full speed in random ways tends to have that side effect.

In the context of the offense, Wilson does not sustain drives. Since Wilson seems to sustain drives in the 2 min drills when he gets more control, I have to assume that is Bevell. But we have all seen Wilson missing potential throws, holding the ball too long and doing other things that experienced QBs should know better.

If we take out the improv plays, what are Wilson's #s? I am betting low. And while you still get credit for those, I don't think you get as many of those chances against the good teams.

On that front, Wilson needs to get better or we need to lower expectations rapidly. Because this offense is borderline unwatchable.

The defense is playing well but being forced to watch the offense is almost like a punishment, broken by a few reprieves where Wilson scrambles around and somehow gets 1st downs in spite of his own OC, not because of him.

We have a bit of a gauntlet coming up, so we can right this ship if we beat 4 of the next 5 in the Bengals, Panther, 49ers, Cowboys & Cardinals.

Quick Quiz: WWBD? (What Would Bevell Do?)

Q: 3rd and 22 from our 39?
A: Run out of shotgun for 4!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Detroit did a four man rush that kept Wilson in the pocket a lot. First I've really seen a team keep him there without blitzing