I'm Not Campaigning for a WCO, but

Optimus25

Reaction score
... Can we ever three step drop something to jimmy?. Why the hell does it seem Bevell is overcomplicating things?. When we get russ nearly killed three out of four weeks to start the season how about scrapping your dumbass RO and creating an offense?.

Imagine you are a defensive back. You come to the line and see Jimmy Graham on the other side of the field. You breathe a sigh of relief. Then they motion Jimmy across to an isolated matchup with you on the outside. How do stop him on a six yard stop?. Or a slant?. You could have Appalachian states offensive line and have the three seconds to drop back for these routes. If we ran fifty of these instead of these dumbass RO' s we'd be far and away more effective.

I'm not against any RO. But it's time to shift the philosophy 180 degrees to open it up later. Regardless of lynch. St Louis was no different with Marshawn.

If Jimmy came out to play backyard football he'd be the best player on the planet. No other player in the league gets the first down he got on his first reception tonight. Strength, speed, soft hands, knows where the defenders are at all times, he's a freaking machine.

Just keep it simple.

If i were Pete and truly wanted to up the chemistry between Jimmy and russ, I'd begin and end every practice with twenty competitions between Sherman and Jimmy at the ten. Then Williams for twenty reps.

Bet Graham would win over fifty percent on Richard, 75% on Williams.

Geologic

Reaction score
I'd welcome a west coast offense then this back yard no-oline running for dear life slinging offense.

gcolby

Reaction score
Geologic":12he01p9 said:
I'd welcome a west coast offense then this back yard no-oline running for dear life slinging offense.

Yup this garbage is hard to watch even when it works.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I doubt this line could block the west coast offense either. Too many projects at one time.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Geologic":154tn2wn said:

I mean, one premise is getting rid of the ball extremely quickly often. We have lockette and doug who can get open. Kearse has proven he can run stop routes, but he can't beat anyone on a slant to save his life. Ironically bevell still doesn't know that. Otherwise as i say in my post, who can match up on Jimmy Graham if we isolate him out wide?. Then set up double moves when the defenders jump his short stuff. Hell, maybe i am campaigning for a wco.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1cgcf8cq said:
I doubt this line could block the west coast offense either. Too many projects at one time.

Well, i know for a fact they can't block this current scheme. So what's better?. Failing and then trying the same method?, Or simplifying and trying something new?. Providing pass pro for a three step drop is as rudimentary as it gets. In this new scheme Fred Jackson would start. Lynch would be a change of pace back at most until we started to pound the rock later in the game.

Literally our offense could not be worse unless Colin kaepernick was starting. People pointing to our 350 yards are delusional. Efficacy is far more complicated. This is not an offense and scheme capable of getting past the divisional round.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Would you even go as far to say that something about this Offense (or it's Coordinator)... is possibly losing its luster?
:hmmmm: