With all the blitzes where is the 3 step drop hot routes?

gcolby

Reaction score
Bevel non call? RW missed read? TE missed read?

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
From the highwire replays you could get a glimpse out our route combinations on those blitzes. Even with plus pressure, playing man2man, there was no one open. Most everything was deep and all very simple routes (i.e. fades, drags, digs etc.) A few times there was a man coming open late, but the pressure came way too soon for such a late developing play. That's on the playcaller my friends, unless Russ has the latitude to check into something better.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":dlci51dx said:
From the highwire replays you could get a glimpse out our route combinations on those blitzes. Even with plus pressure, playing man2man, there was no one open. Most everything was deep and all very simple routes (i.e. fades, drags, digs etc.) A few times there was a man coming open late, but the pressure came way too soon for such a late developing play. That's on the playcaller my friends, unless Russ has the latitude to check into something better.
But Bevell isn't the problem?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Those options were there. Problem was Russ was already into scramble mode

Tical21

Reaction score
The thing is, if we have as many guys blocking as they have rushing, you don't check to hot. The problem is, we have miscommunication on our line calls, we don't diagnose blitzes well, we have poor execution, and guys are losing their battles. It would be nice to have some built in drag routes and backs into the flat in case Russell needs them, but if you really want to punish teams for blitzing, picking up the blitz and running deeper routes is the big play way to do it.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I think there is a stubbornness in coaching on this team. Adjustments seem to take way to long sometimes