Tyler Lockett losing his luster

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Didnt take one to the house, and fumbled tonight. You guys are going to turn on him soon, you may not know it yet, but I know it.

Exittium

Reaction score
I was actually confused why Lockett almost seemed to go towards Opposing players and into contact.. where as before he was hitting open holes and avoiding it. Tonight he was by passing any opening and going right into the piles.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
I approve of this thread. Dibs on the Jon Ryan losing his luster thread. No touchdown passes tonight. I guess he's all we got.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
He did seem like he was running right into opposing players. I noticed it too.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Exittium":y90gcsma said:
I was actually confused why Lockett almost seemed to go towards Opposing players and into contact.. where as before he was hitting open holes and avoiding it. Tonight he was by passing any opening and going right into the piles.

Over coached? I saw that too.

Sealake80

Reaction score
looked good in passing with how many crucial 3rd down catch?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Probably the worst "Home" performance I've seen in the Russell era. The Offense simply did not play as a team. Pete said that the team had the best practice this past week than he'd seen the entire year. If so...then I'd hate to see what we would see with a "terrible practice"!! :roll:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I sense this thread is meant as a clever jab elsewhere. If so, nice form. Lol

But, I think a serious answer is worthwhile. My 11 year old (a beast RB) said, "Everyone muffs a punt." (meaning, even the best of them.)
Honestly, I was sort of impressed how Lockett handled it coming off the field. Didn't seem to beat himself up over it. Looked like an experienced veteran who wasn't pleased, but didn't let it ruin him for the game. Notice he was right back in there fielding the next punt. No lack of confidence by anyone.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Well, I said he lost his luster when he didn't run 2 in a row back against St. Louis.

Kick returners do that all the time, right?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":42cf7a5y said:
I approve of this thread. Dibs on the Jon Ryan losing his luster thread. No touchdown passes tonight. I guess he's all we got.
Maybe it's the uniforms? :stirthepot:

Hawks46

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":22xdronn said:
I sense this thread is meant as a clever jab elsewhere. If so, nice form. Lol

But, I think a serious answer is worthwhile. My 11 year old (a beast RB) said, "Everyone muffs a punt." (meaning, even the best of them.)
Honestly, I was sort of impressed how Lockett handled it coming off the field. Didn't seem to beat himself up over it. Looked like an experienced veteran who wasn't pleased, but didn't let it ruin him for the game. Notice he was right back in there fielding the next punt. No lack of confidence by anyone.

Well he did fair catch the next one, but I'd agree with you; seeing him on the sidelines, he didn't hang his head. He just seemed focused.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous. Just don't do something stupid to actually make one of us actually have to lockett. Have fun boys.:)

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I was impressed with the look on his face after that. Not angry, not sad, just a business face. That was good to see.

fart

Exittium

Reaction score
His expression was for sure impressive since he's a rook.. but im still baffled why he chose to run into contact where previously he was hitting the holes. Why this game and why that change.. makes no sense

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Maybe Detroit actually had decent coverage?

Looked to me like they had things pretty well lined out. Didn't see any significant breakdowns. Maybe Lockett was taking the short gain while he could, rather than running laterally for no gain or a loss. It's what returners do when coverage is doing it's job.

mikeak

Reaction score
1)as a receiver he got open when nobody else did and bailed out RW scrambling around

2) The start at 36yards due to short kicks by Detroit doesn't happen without Lockett

3) Agree he ran into guys a few times but I think if you get through some of that it is wide open later that is why he went there