Fire Bevell

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So we needed the ref bailout call to save the game, in a game against an injury depleted team that we should have been able to walk through.

At home. Against the worst team in the league.

Meanwhile I saw a lot of Graham being underutilized again in a game where lack of TDs almost caused us to choke it away. But instead while our OC was choking, the defense rose up and tried to save us from our own ineffective OC.

Even the offense we got came from Wilson improvs, only a handful of effective plays otherwise were successful at all.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Dude the offensive line with a converted tight end, and two d lineman is the problem, oh dont forget the undrafted Free agent rookie running back........

hawkfan68

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1xzj0tbz said:
Dude the offensive line with a converted tight end, and two d lineman is the problem, oh dont forget the undrafted Free agent rookie running back........

OL projects are what are dooming this offense. The Lions DL kept getting hurt and yet they still racked up 6 sacks and caused 2 turnovers. That was a piss poor showing by the OL.

Basis4day

Reaction score
What plays, exactly, would be immediately successful behind this o-line?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Basis4day":37lfuafz said:

Quick kick, and Punt.

Or a QB rollout run. That is about it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
So, Wilson fumbling is Bevell's fault. It was the play call, and he probably instructed Russell to fumble it on the sideline. Or maybe he didn't coach Wilson on ball security before that play. Whatever works for you.

I can't even call out one guy for getting blown up in pass protection. Everyone either whiffed or got blown up at least once. There were DLmen getting IMMEDIATE pressure right up the A gap without even stunting. You should NEVER have that. Obviously, that's a Bevell thing because the OL is his baby, right ?

Seriously, this is getting patently ridiculous.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Basis4day":3qbzbu3l said:

Plays with designed hot routes, checkdowns, dumpoffs. That sort of thing.

Far too many plays are without those. Instead the play design sends four or five guys downfield and expects the line to block for three seconds when Bevell knows they can't. He's exacerbating the problem.

And defenses know it. They're blitzing all day. They're not afraid of Wilson beating the blitz because they know Bevell isn't giving him the options to do it. And after today, nobody will be afraid of the running game either.

Next week vs. Cincy, pay special attention to how often they send a fifth guy. Usually our OL holds up just fine when they send only four. Send in a fifth and I can almost guarantee what the play will look like.

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2gbo2nlx said:
Basis4day":2gbo2nlx said:

Far too many plays are without those. Instead the play design sends four or five guys downfield and expects the line to block for three seconds when Bevell knows they can't. He's exacerbating the problem.

And defenses know it. They're blitzing all day. They're not afraid of Wilson beating the blitz because they know Bevell isn't giving him the options to do it. And after today, nobody will be afraid of the running game either.

Next week vs. Cincy, pay special attention to how often they send a fifth guy. Usually our OL holds up just fine when they send only four. Send in a fifth and I can almost guarantee what the play will look like.

THIS......listen, the offensive line IS A PROBLEM....but an adequate Offensive Coordinator is going to adjust to the line problems and put their offense in a position to succeed with the tools that are available. And Bevell doesn't seem make those adjustments

Polk738

Reaction score
I was at the game last night and several people were pissed about the play calls as myself, more stupid bubble screens-although the one to Lockett got decent yards but why do them when you have a guy like Graham? Jet sweeps? really? I get Lockett is fast but that's not our offense. I just feel like Bevel refuses to use his weapons to they're greatest advantage. The running game was starting to work in the 2nd half so why we didn't stick to it is beyond me, Rawls isn't Lynch but he was starting to get some decent runs in. With the way the Lions were blitzing youd think we'd do more traditional screens and hot reads like what we did to Arizona last year at home. Nope, same drop backs, instant pressure, sack, fumble.

mrt144

Reaction score
At the very least, the Seahawks didn't seem like they've seen a blitz before.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":1yxks5ku said:
MontanaHawk05":1yxks5ku said:
Basis4day":1yxks5ku said:

THIS......listen, the offensive line IS A PROBLEM....but an adequate Offensive Coordinator is going to adjust to the line problems and put their offense in a position to succeed with the tools that are available. And Bevell doesn't seem make those adjustments

So if i look at the all-22, i will never see a hot route, checkdown or dumpoff available on any of Detroits blitzes?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I loved the 3rd and 20 playcall in a drive that wasnt bad up until the yardage loss. Bevell calls a run right up the middle into a pile of defenders. Even my wife who rarely watches football thought that was stupid.

justafan

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1s6prdh4 said:
I loved the 3rd and 20 playcall in a drive that wasnt bad up until the yardage loss. Bevell calls a run right up the middle into a pile of defenders. Even my wife who rarely watches football thought that was stupid.

Oh!Well if she thought it was stupid the fire Bevel.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Fire Bevell threads are common on .NET but Tom Cable is also a problem. I am tired of his DL projects and his approach to find guys that would fight for/with him in the back alleys instead of finding/coaching actual linemen that can play in the NFL. A mobile QB & one of the best RB in the league make Cable look better than what he is.

mrt144

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2y3vb8n9 said:
Fire Bevell threads are common on .NET but Tom Cable is also a problem. I am tired of his DL projects and his approach to find guys that would fight for/with him in the back alleys instead of finding/coaching actual linemen that can play in the NFL. A mobile QB & one of the best RB in the league make Cable look better than what he is.

This is essentially true for all offensive lines though - a great QB or RB can hide the deficiencies of the O line so long as they keep performing.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
mrt144":1mahl7xc said:
SeahawksFanForever":1mahl7xc said:

This is essentially true for all offensive lines though - a great QB or RB can hide the deficiencies of the O line so long as they keep performing.

Cable's lines have always been average to bad at pass blocking. He is known for running the ball and his best years (statistically) were in Atlanta & Seattle with Vick & Wilson.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawks46":3iwxd313 said:
So, Wilson fumbling is Bevell's fault. It was the play call, and he probably instructed Russell to fumble it on the sideline. Or maybe he didn't coach Wilson on ball security before that play. Whatever works for you.

I can't even call out one guy for getting blown up in pass protection. Everyone either whiffed or got blown up at least once. There were DLmen getting IMMEDIATE pressure right up the A gap without even stunting. You should NEVER have that. Obviously, that's a Bevell thing because the OL is his baby, right ?

Seriously, this is getting patently ridiculous.
No one is blaming RW's fumbles on Bevell, no one. Tired of these strawmen arguements being thrown up the DB fans.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":11j22n3a said:
If Cable has to be sacrificed to get rid of Bevell then so be it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":p9n7eysz said:
mrt144":p9n7eysz said:
SeahawksFanForever":p9n7eysz said:

Cable's lines have always been average to bad at pass blocking. He is known for running the ball and his best years (statistically) were in Atlanta & Seattle with Vick & Wilson.

Unfortunately his line isn't even good a run blocking this year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2l1106w5 said:
Basis4day":2l1106w5 said:

This X 1000.