Possible OL Solution - Re-sign Jeanpierre...

652cHAWK

Reaction score
...albeit, might be better to continue with center Nowak and the OL developing that much needed "chemistry". Yet, the right side has been unchanged with Sweezy & Britt.

Last season after KC loss we went on a 6 game winning streak with this OL:

LT Okung
LG Bailey/Carpenter
C P.Lewis/Jeanpierre
RG Sweezy
RT Britt

Yes, Carpenter was a big loss, yet I remember Jeanpierre at center did an admirable job. So, I don't understand, or remember why we got rid of him? He isn't playing with anyone, as far as I know?

Coulda whoulda shoulda 2015 OL:
LT Okung
LG Bailey
C Resign Jeanpierre
RG Sweezy
RT Britt

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Hell at this point we should call up Moffitt. He wants back in to the league and he certainly played better for us than what we have now.

djb28

Reaction score
I really wish they would call someone. Just one good body could make the difference on the field. Leadership and guidance in real time. This is just horrible.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I'd love for fans to start throwing out names of available O-Lineman that weren't already cut from the team.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Basis4day":1bgw5n1h said:
I'd love for fans to start throwing out names of available O-Lineman that weren't already cut from the team.

We know these lineman. We know they weren't very good. But they were a helluva lot better when they played for us than what we have right now!

randomation

Reaction score
Better than Nowak if he could just snap consistently bad that would be something that RW could adjust to but he puts it all over the place.

gcolby

Reaction score
Too bad they missed on Mathis when he was available.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
I thought Jeanpierre was pretty decent...not sure why he was cut. Guess they thought Nowak was better?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
DeeHawks":2cs8tkiq said:
I thought Jeanpierre was pretty decent...not sure why he was cut. Guess they thought Nowak was better?

Patrick Lewis beat him out as the backup.

The overreactions on this board over the last day have been hysterical.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
But Nowak is such a cool story. Who cares if he sucks at center. HE USED TO BE A DEFENSIVE PLAYER! AMAZING!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
hawknation2015":mzx2ol73 said:
DeeHawks":mzx2ol73 said:

You think the response to last night's offensive line performance is an "overreaction"?

Interesting.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1obx1sr7 said:
hawknation2015":1obx1sr7 said:
DeeHawks":1obx1sr7 said:

You think the response to last night's offensive line performance is an "overreaction"?

Interesting.

Yes, definitely. I am re-watching the game now and the one lineman who really, REALLY played terribly was Russell Okung . . . the first three offensive series were riddled with one mistake after another from Okung.

That might have been the worst game of Okung's career since he was a rookie.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2u6u401w said:
hawknation2015":2u6u401w said:
DeeHawks":2u6u401w said:

Interesting.

Happen to agree.

The oline was not good or even great, but there were other factors at play that led to Russell having to run for his life quite often other than bad blocking.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"The overreactions on this board over the last day have been hysterical."

Last I checked, they gave up 18 sacks in 4 games.

Basically 4.5 sacks per game, even more glaring considering our QB had to do some escape artist stuff to avoid another 3+ sacks in each game.

So at what point do we not consider the utter lack of dependable OL not to be an issue of concern.

Or does giving up near 5 sacks a game to two of the worst defenses and worst pass rushes in the game AT HOME not warrant any major changes?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd rather them give Lewis and Glowinski looks in practice with the 1's this week. They can't be any worse than Nowak and Britt.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
djb28":3of3k9ez said:
I really wish they would call someone. Just one good body could make the difference on the field. Leadership and guidance in real time. This is just horrible.

We're so cap strapped right now, I don't know if such a guy exists. Maybe Satele. Though we aren't the only OL that has looked like crap and he remains unsigned which should probably tell you something.

For a team that prides itself on competition, no idea why they don't make Britt/Nowak earn their starting spot next week.

ringless

Reaction score
The issue with signing Jeanpierre is this is his 4th year in the league.

The vet minimum in 2015 for a 4th year vet is 745,000.

The Seahawks really don't have room to be making personal moves like that without some kind of restructure and moving at least 1.5-2M into 2017 of someones contract to create room for any other signing that may be needed this year. (Which will most likely be inevitable due to IR etc) And to have a little breathing room. So it would seem

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Can Russ defer some of his money for an O-Line and some for Kam? :sarcasm_off:
I mean ... Kam saved his behind yesterday with a play for the ages ... and a decent O-Line man could actually ... extend his career. I'm seriously concern about the hits Russ is taking. We might not see the effects right away, but by season's end ... we might start worrying why he is missing wide open guys ...
Oh ... I forgot ... Russ has the magic water ... :sarcasm_off:
Russ used to run and slide ... yesterday, he seemed to look for contact trying to make first downs... This is NOT good. This is NOT good at all ...