The Negativity is Crazy

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Our defense has held opponents to 3 points in 8 quarters of football. I don't care who you are playing in the NFL, that is unheard of in this era of football where the rules are so bent towards offense it's insane. Do the Bears and Lions suck, yea, they do. Did we beat them? Yes. Be happy.

Basis4day

Reaction score
People unsatisfied with the D are crazy.

People unsatisfied with the O-Line have legitimate beef. You can't expect All-Pros or Pro-Bowlers, but you can expect adequate protection.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Almost as crazy as the threads every Monday morning about negativity.

We expect this team to be great, so why is it crazy to see people frustrated with how certain parts of the team is playing?

Sorry man, our offense looks awful, so there will be negativity.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Let's take a piece of crap, put it in a gold wrapper, and then call it Almond Roca....That's what one is doing when they say the current Seahawk offense is good.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
No one is saying anything bad about the defense. Clearly they are playing great. Everyone has a problem with the offense. Isn't that obvious?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":38ws2o3e said:
No one is saying anything bad about the defense. Clearly they are playing great. Everyone has a problem with the offense. Isn't that obvious?

I would even further narrow that down (as others have) to the offensive line. If our line could at the very least run block as well as an average line, teams would have to respect the running game a little bit Right now, we have no pass protection and no run blocking to speak of. This is a deadly combination which allows for other defenses to just do whatever they want and look like absolute monsters out there.

I have tried to stay the course, but to be honest, I'm starting to have serious doubts about Cable. I'm wondering if maybe his previous successes have gotten in his head a little bit and made him think he can work miracles with any guy who has the proper physical skill sets.

We are now paying Wilson like the elite qb I believe him to be, with that kind of money invested, it's tantamount we at least give him a halfway decent offensive line.

Somehow I can't help but think this Nowak/Britt/Gilliam experiment has gone horribly wrong and we should have stuck with LJP, Baily & Britt all along. They wouldn't have been pro bowlers, but I have to believe they'd at least be average.

hawk45

Reaction score
kidhawk":3g7dufae said:
Somehow I can't help but think this Nowak/Britt/Gilliam experiment has gone horribly wrong and we should have stuck with LJP, Baily & Britt all along. They wouldn't have been pro bowlers, but I have to believe they'd at least be average.

This is where I'm at.

I think it's true that OL play across the league is down. But that merely results in many teams with "NFL-awful" OL play.

We come up against OLs like STL and DET that are "NFL-awful". But that seems much better than what we are seeing with our line, which is making any old crappy defense look unstoppable. Instead of in the past, when we had more actual OL players, and we only looked this awful against a few teams with ferocious front 7s.

If they can't run block there is zero redeeming quality. PA is dead, and since that's our best chance at pass protection, pass protection dies with it.

It seems like a bad decision by both Pete and Cable. If you want to try this experiment with one guy ala Sweezy, you can suffer through some struggles to see if you have something there. Trying the experiment at multiple spots when your only anchor is Russell Okung is a disaster.

It's not just youth. STL started a bunch of newbies against our formidable defensive line and did not get outright dominated like our line has been dominated.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":1047vbss said:

Maybe.

It's pretty apparent that Pete and Cable decided to go for potential over stability with the O-line. As in, do we just go with a mediocre line with very little room for improvement?...............or do we go with players that have a bigger upside at certain positions and just deal with the growing pains for half the year?

It's obvious now that they chose the latter.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
There's negativity and then there's insanity like calling out RW for last nights game. Honestly this place is starting to sound like a spoiled rich kid whining that he didn't get a Porsche for his 16th birthday. I used to come here to read analysis on the game now it's just 100 posts full of whining about how this team is going 8-8 and not going to make the playoffs.

mrt144

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":yyrya3d3 said:
There's negativity and then there's insanity like calling out RW for last nights game. Honestly this place is starting to sound like a spoiled rich kid whining that he didn't get a Porsche for his 16th birthday. I used to come here to read analysis on the game now it's just 100 posts full of whining about how this team is going 8-8 and not going to make the playoffs.

There are a lot of fans that seemingly can't understand that we can't have excellence at every position or even position group. It's easy to blame this on Wilson because he's the QB but top to bottom there are issues with our offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":nq1rco6h said:
Our defense has held opponents to 3 points in 8 quarters of football. I don't care who you are playing in the NFL, that is unheard of in this era of football where the rules are so bent towards offense it's insane. Do the Bears and Lions suck, yea, they do. Did we beat them? Yes. Be happy.

Just wondering how you plan to win when we play legitimate teams with no offense? I don't think I seen much moaning about how our defense is doing?

kf3339

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3pnvdnb0 said:
Let's take a piece of crap, put it in a gold wrapper, and then call it Almond Roca....That's what one is doing when they say the current Seahawk offense is good.

:13:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3ip33z52 said:

Well said!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":1hsr1ndp said:
No one is unhappy with the defense, that's another strawman argument.
The offense, is well, offensive.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3s4wycqu said:
Oh look, yet another thread telling me how I should feel about my team.
:roll:
Yep, I call it "Facebook syndrome"........

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
In my book, fans who bitch about the coaching staff after a win are negative ... plain and simple. I think they need some Stuart Smiley self-affirmation therapy.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The negativity is crazy?

You realize that according to one article, in the past 4 games we have given up 18 sacks right?

At first it was:

"Well the Rams are an amazing offense and it is their SuperBowl"

Then it was:

"The Packers are that much better and we had to play them in Green Bay"

Then (after giving up 4 sacks to the sackless Bears AT HOME):

"That is weird but hey we won! Just a bad day for the line...it happens"

Now after yesterday?

"Maybe the offensive line does suck..."

So basically every team is assured of getting at least 4 sacks against us. Even a team with no sacks coming in or little QB pressure in other games. But nothing to worry about right?

I myself have seen plenty of teams that allow the opponents to relentlessly beat on their QB, always go far in the playoffs right? Great, we won a game we likely lost but for the bad call. We still clearly have an uphill battle because teams that give up sack after sack in games don't go far in the playoffs historically.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":14hy964p said:
The negativity is crazy?

You realize that according to one article, in the past 4 games we have given up 18 sacks right?

At first it was:

"Well the Rams are an amazing offense and it is their SuperBowl"

Then it was:

"The Packers are that much better and we had to play them in Green Bay"

Then (after giving up 4 sacks to the sackless Bears AT HOME):

"That is weird but hey we won! Just a bad day for the line...it happens"

Now after yesterday?

"Maybe the offensive line does suck..."

So basically every team is assured of getting at least 4 sacks against us. Even a team with no sacks coming in or little QB pressure in other games. But nothing to worry about right?

I myself have seen plenty of teams that allow the opponents to relentlessly beat on their QB, always go far in the playoffs right? Great, we won a game we likely lost but for the bad call. We still clearly have an uphill battle because teams that give up sack after sack in games don't go far in the playoffs historically.
We're 2-2 and a game out of first in the West. That's the bottom line. We've been here before and thrived. Maybe if you weren't in such a panic mode, you'd have the chance to enjoy the journey, so when the confetti is falling in Santa Clara you don't say to yourself: "Huh, this all seems like such a blur. I was hyperventilating so much about a few sacks that I missed a half dozen of our wins and now here we are, back on top, and I missed the forest for the trees .... oh woe is me :oops: "

bmorepunk

Reaction score
This team won't even win two games this year.

I'd say "you heard it here first" but I'm sure it's already been said.