Bengals challenge Seattle with its blueprint

Jville

Reaction score
092115-rey-vencent-art.jpg

"While Seattle has been grinding its way to the last two Super Bowls, haven’t the 4-0 Bengals been quietly percolating the same formula as an understudy AFC version of what has transpired in the Great Northwest? The rugged Bengals defense tries to respond against one of the NFL's best this Sunday at sold-out Paul Brown Stadium."

Bengals challenge Seattle with its blueprint >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-challenge-Seattle-with-its-blueprint/5549cbaa-f904-4035-9566-528deecb3d61[/urltargetblank]

Seattle Game in Cincinnati is a sellout >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Seattle-Game-is-a-sellout/a16ceed3-5d74-46b6-b359-2c1ab4edb3d9[/urltargetblank]

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I believe they have drafted their offensive linemen fairly high instead of going our "Frankenline" direction.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":3egq409c said:
I'll take them more seriously once they axe the drop shadow.
I'll take them more seriously once they actually win a playoff game.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Jville":2w9twwf8 said:
092115-rey-vencent-art.jpg

"While Seattle has been grinding its way to the last two Super Bowls, haven’t the 4-0 Bengals been quietly percolating the same formula as an understudy AFC version of what has transpired in the Great Northwest? The rugged Bengals defense tries to respond against one of the NFL's best this Sunday at sold-out Paul Brown Stadium."

Bengals challenge Seattle with its blueprint >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-challenge-Seattle-with-its-blueprint/5549cbaa-f904-4035-9566-528deecb3d61[/urltargetblank]

Seattle Game in Cincinnati is a sellout >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Seattle-Game-is-a-sellout/a16ceed3-5d74-46b6-b359-2c1ab4edb3d9[/urltargetblank]
See the thing about the Bengals is, they always choke!

It'll happen again this year!

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
... cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick has already seen Seattle plenty on the screen. On Monday he said that Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman taught him leverage even though the NFL’s self-described best cornerback in the game has never worked with Kirkpatrick.

“He’s smart, very smart. He taught me leverage. He probably doesn’t know what that means,” Kirkpatrick said. “No, I never worked with him. I just watch him. I study him. I want what he’s got. It’s still competition; it’s the great game of football.”

Kirkpatrick, a first-rounder from 2012, came out a year after Sherman was drafted in the fifth round. He knows the adrenaline is going to be pumping.

“I want to be the best corner on the field. I’m pretty sure every game he wants to be the best corner in that game,” Kirkpatrick said. “When you’re out there playing against the best, quote unquote, it’s going to elevate your game.”

Kirkpatrick puts quotes around it because someone else said Sherman is the best corner in NFL

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-less-is-more-for-O-Sherman-unknowingly-taught-Dre-Nugent-upbeat-Tate-plays-to-whistle/80b20017-f8a9-4a55-bd88-93be9487fe8e[/urltargetblank]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I think they have a secret weapon....

[youtube]I-jQzBT3N7o[/youtube]

byau

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2igkmnru said:
Our Man in Chicago":2igkmnru said:

Interesting.

If they kill in the regular season every year and lose it in the playoffs, seems like we should take them very seriously.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Isn't there a "Seahawks beating blueprint" every week? People are always bringing it up, yet it changes.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
ivotuk":3egnyv9b said:
RunTheBall":3egnyv9b said:
Our Man in Chicago":3egnyv9b said:

To them, this is a playoff game.

Seems like a lot of teams play us like its a playoff game.
Or their Super Bowl !

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2hmm8hhx said:
I believe they have drafted their offensive linemen fairly high instead of going our "Frankenline" direction.

Okung, Unger, Moffitt, and Carpenter were all high picks.

I'm looking more at Cable at this point.

Sac

Reaction score
Rocket":gn168xr3 said:
brimsalabim":gn168xr3 said:
" Frankenline " direction.
That's good. Descriptive. Accurate.
Good job.
I disagree. Frankenline sounds like a monster, something to be feared. That's nothing like what we have.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":231hgq46 said:
I also like this a lot. I'd love for this to become a catch phrase for the line and have them embrace it. Hell, Sweezy could be the cover boy. Every home game, our opening theme could go from "WIL---SON, WIL--SON" to the "It's ALIVE ... It's ALIVE" Frankenstein track you all know what I'm referring to and our line could roll out together locked at the elbows ... It could be the bond that they really need to gel together. What a great idea brimsalabim

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3sjpqo4f said:
Rocket":3sjpqo4f said:
brimsalabim":3sjpqo4f said:
Good job.
I disagree. Frankenline sounds like a monster, something to be feared. That's nothing like what we have.

What do you mean?...........I am scared to death every time I see them on the field.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1i8gcgx3 said:

I was pretty proud of my first Microsoft Paint dropshadow. '96 or thereabouts.

Skookum

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":591ls50g said:
SacHawk2.0":591ls50g said:
Rocket":591ls50g said:
brimsalabim":591ls50g said:
Good job.

What do you mean?...........I am scared to death every time I see them on the field.

:13: :lol:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Bengals are no joke.

Our team needs to play much better than they've shown otherwise this game could get ugly in their favor

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":11pdlnbn said:
Our Man in Chicago":11pdlnbn said:

I was pretty proud of my first Microsoft Paint dropshadow. '96 or thereabouts.

Me, too. But I wouldn't hire 1996 me in 2015. :lol:

The shadow itself is not terrible - it's actually a shadow + thick outline and is at least dynamic in a vacuum - but in confluence with all the other elements on the jersey (outlined TV numbers, outlined NOB, color nameplate, secondary/tertiary colored yoke, stripe motif, color block side panels (home + alternate jersey), NFL neck logo, "B" chest logotype, captaincy patch, Nike logo), it's an intense battle for visual hierarchy. To say nothing of the orange spot color.

Added to the mix is the juxtaposition between the representational elements: the curvilinear "tiger striping," the "B" chest logotype font, and the unique rounded number font are in opposition (the NOB meshes with the numerical font well enough).

The easiest thing to fix would be the outline and/or drop shadow, even if it currently serves as the jersey's most visual anchor.