If You Believe In Karma ...

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
how was the win tainted? that call has never been made in any game, ever.

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":bqh44kjo said:
R U kidding? -- every official on the field missed an obscure but existing rule that should have put the ball on the one-half yard line and given Detroit the win.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
chet380":322fr8a7 said:
Chukarhawk":322fr8a7 said:
R U kidding? -- every official on the field missed an obscure but existing rule that should have put the ball on the one-half yard line and given Detroit the win.
Given Detroit the win? So you're guaranteeing the Seahawks wouldn't have drove and won down 17-13 (if Det even scores a TD).

RunTheBall

Reaction score
And to answer your question, no it doesn't.... look at the Patriots 4 Tainted Super Bowls.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Then we're even on karma since the Peckers shouldn't have been awarded the ball on Marshawn's fumble and we would have marched that puppy in!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
chet380":i1v6ocd3 said:
Chukarhawk":i1v6ocd3 said:

I think it would of been more of a joke had they thrown a flag. Like..are you kidding me. There was no lion anywhere near that ball, Kam made an AMAZING play and KJ could of literally done nothing and the ball still would of gone out or at worse he slowly grabs the ball and same result.

ivotuk

Reaction score
chet380":1pllqg15 said:
Chukarhawk":1pllqg15 said:

So, you're positive that Detroit would have won. Apparently you don't know Pete Carroll who said "If we have a blade of grass, we'll defend it!"

This defense has stopped teams with 1st and goal inside the 5 yard line before. They have gotten turnovers on the goal line before.

I don't care what people say about "it would changed Detroit's win chance to 70%" That's a guess. I don't believe it. It was Detroit's winless offense against Seattle's elite defense. Even if they had called that penalty, I would have given Detroit a 50/50 chance at best to win.

Rocket

Reaction score
chet380":imrq36hi said:
...Does a tainted win bring bad karma?
Taint my ass. Fail Mary my same ass.

The rule was so archaic that Steve Young didn't know, the ref probably didn't know, Carroll didn't know, nobody knew. BUT if there's a fault to be lain, lay it on the refs.

In any event, for it to be tainted we would have had to be complicit. Wasn't.

I believe in karma... this wasn't a karma event.

Cougarmode58

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2g8nqrq0 said:
Jesus Christ.
My thought exactly.. what the hell... silly post... its the NFL. A win is a win. This team feeds off of Kam. On to Cincy :th2thumbs:

Barakas

Reaction score
chet380":1gm2g1pv said:
...Does a tainted win bring bad karma?

I fully believe you will bring bad karma onto yourself for starting this thread.

Sure, it was an illegal batting of the ball. Holding is also illegal. How many times do you think a holding, by the letter of the law, goes uncalled in a typical game.

KJ gained absolutely no benefit or leverage on that play by tapping it out of bounds. There was not a single Lions player anywhere near the ball.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Nope. The fail Mary came during the infancy of the best football in this franchise's history.

Karma only applies when you yourself do something wrong. This was on the refs, fail Mary was on the refs, and the Steelers have zero to do with the crappy officiating in XL.

Sealake80

Reaction score
This game was awesome. Everything I love about football. This season has been a battle. It may well continue to be. But our team fights. Its fun to watch.

Kam, all is forgiven.

Offense lets get this figured out fast. People enjoy the ride.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Oh yeah I believe Seahawks have good karma if it exists. Look at what we are experiencing as long time fans. What an era. What karma. What bliss. Ok Ill shut up now :thirishdrinkers:

gonzhawk

Reaction score
The media machine is what even made this an issue-

Just listened to the Lion's radio broadcast on KJR and they didn't even bring it up!

We have been getting shafted for years, and frankly this one doesn't begin to even cover it..

Maybe, just maybe, the Tate catch...but what ever-if there is Karma, then its because we are getting
what is coming to us after suffering for 40 years (except our big win ;) ) but I forget who said it...
"It's now time!" :sarcasm_on:

lukerguy

Reaction score
the patriots have cheated for years and won for years... there is no such thing as Karma.

sutz

Reaction score
Frankly, if there is any "karma" to be gained or lost from this game, I'd say we get positive karma for having played a full 60 minutes and came away successful. In the end, we won, and that leads to more confidence from our guys and more belief that if they work hard enough, they will come out on top. More often than not under Pete Carroll, that has been true.

So, I got your "bad kama" right here, bro.