Bennetts post game comments

seabowl

Reaction score
I think what Bennett did in the post game saying to pay Kam and that Paul Aalen is the 17th richest in the world was not a smart move. You don't call out the organization and especially its owner on national TV. He obviously was not only lobbying for Kam but himself as well. Just a hunch but he might not be here next year with his antics and with guys like Clatk waiting in the wings. Thoughts?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Bennett doesn't deserve a raise. Without his jumping offsides in the Packer game, the Seahawks likely win that game. Rodgers is afraid to challenge Sherman unless he has a free play.

Bennett has been a free agent TWICE in the past three years and NOBODY offered him more than the Seahawks. He is being paid his market value. Rich people don't pay employees more than they have to, they keep themselves rich that way.

Kam doesn't deserve a raise either. If you want to make more money at your job, show up at your job and earn more money. He was given a raise and wants another one before human resources even has all the paperwork done. Good luck.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Everyone makes more of Mike B's off the cuff comments than they should. He was just saying that Kam made a great play. I love the guy but at times he oversteps with his remarks.

Kam for sure made a great play. However, he is paid as a top SS and earned his money in that game. I'm glad he's here. The play reminded me of Earl's chop tackle of last season where he did the same thing knocking out the ball. This was another fantastic defensive play.

Doubt he made any enemies with his remarks.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Bennett is the court jester. I'm sure they are more amused by it than you are. Also, it's sure going to make that Dallas road game even more crazy.

Skookum

Reaction score
Meh, Bennett says a lot of crazy things. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

justafan

Reaction score
I laughed because thats who Bennett is.But PA is the most important man in Hawks history and for him to be called out like he is cheap is a BS move.

PA would pay whoever he had to if he could.Its not about profit or loss its the cap.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Don't mind Bennett's clowning. The players enjoy it and the fans generally do.

I do think it shows a lack of understanding the economics of NFL teams. It doesn't matter if Mr. Allen is the richest man in the world, he's still constrained by a salary cap. Allen spends his money to make sure the players have the best resources at their disposal and he's willing to write off money, if it makes the team better (cutting Percy free).

Next time Bennett say pay Kam, he needs to include who to cut. :stirthepot:

Cougarmode58

Reaction score
Skookum":2ul71coy said:
No one in this organization will lose a job because of a comment like that... Personally though I don't think Bennett deserves a raise, great player but we have guys who can fill that role (clark). I think his antics are funny gotta love the dude minus all his offsides penalties. (thank god he fixed those this week)

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
justafan":vpxqesgn said:
I laughed because thats who Bennett is.But PA is the most important man in Hawks history and for him to be called out like he is cheap is a BS move.

PA would pay whoever he had to if he could.Its not about profit or loss its the cap.

Yeah when these guys all say pay him etc... It's at the Spenser of someone else on the team because there is a cap.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I guess it all comes down to whether Paul Allen has a sense of humor or not. And I don't know the answer to that question.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Skookum":hbezkyln said:

Exactly.
Celebrating with his teammates. Nothing to see here.

Not to mention EVERYBODY knows that it's about salary cap... not about how much money Paul Allen has.

I did like this little gem............

12071297_10205946320709394_58308982_n.jpg

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think it's much ado about nothing!

MB's a funny guy and says wild things. Does that mean anything bad? No!