Dinner last night

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Last night I had a visit from the folks responsible for buying gas (Joey) and scheduling my electrical load (Meena) ... I run a peaking plant, which is a power plant that provides power very quickly when demand is high as opposed to a base loaded plant that runs all the time. We recently fired the company that had been performing those function and this was the new guys wanting to meet me and get the nickle tour of my plant.

Anyway they took me out to dinner last night and the first thing Joey (having seen my Seahawks hardhat at the plant) asks me was if I was a Seahawks fan. "Of course I am!" I said and proceeded to bore him with my stories of since day one fanhood and tell him about my old school Seahawks tattoo (too nice a restaurant to show him ...)

When I finally let him have a word he tells me he played Minor League ball with Russell Wilson for 4 months in North Carolina in '11!

He also is a childhood friend of Tim Tebow (calls him Timmy), played baseball with him starting with little league in the third grade and football starting in HS and at Florida.

Evidently Russell is a much better athlete than Timmy ("night and day") and the thing he talked about most was how fast Russ is. And how focused. He said even in baseball he studied intensely and was always taking charge of whatever group of people he was with and could always answer anybody's questions.

Joey said both Russ and Timmy were incredibly strong, but called Timmy more of a tank and Russ more of a Ferrari. Also mentioned his huge hands. Said he thought Russ could have made it to the majors if he'd stuck it out with Baseball, but that he and his agent decided the chance to resume his football career at Wisconsin was the better way to go in the long run.

I asked Joey about the religion thing and he said that Timmy was more outwardly demonstrative because his parents were Missionaries and that was the way he was brought up, but in his opinion Russ was more grounded inwardly with his beliefs. It was more just a part of him than how he was raised to present himself.

All in all (the Lasagna was incredible BTW) it was a very interesting night!

seahawks08

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing some tid bits that we otherwise would have never heard.

fan4life

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I truly believe that who a person is off the field plays a big part in how the person performs on the field. Maybe not in the short term, but certainly during the course of a long season, a long career - when some measure of adversity is sure to hit.