2-3 Would Not Be The Time To Panic.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know. It's in our blood as diehard 12's. It is entirely, 100% impossible not to wear your emotions on your sleeves on some level when the Seahawks find themselves struggling - and God forbid - losing games. We've become accustomed to not just winning games in recent years but being dominant and considered by most to be one of the elite teams in the NFL.

Rare territory for some of us older 12's.

You probably recall the post thread I started saying 0-2 is not the time to panic. Now we are 2-2. That is why I posted that. I knew (or likely assumed) we would get to .500 with some home cookin' against the Bears and Lions.

Now we face the Tigers, Oh My! (Sorry, seamless, obligatory transition).

I will be happy to eat crow if we win this game but I am playing off the best educated guess that we drop this one against one of the hotter teams right now playing at home. With our OL issues, I don't think that's a stretch to assume.

But we come home and face the worst 4-0 team in football (not trying to be a jerk, just my observation) and we should have about the same trouble we had with the Lions, which minus some uncharacteristic fumbles/turnovers from Wilson, should have been not even close.

Then we take on the hapless 49ers in Santa Clara that look like a GHOST of their former selves from just two years ago.

You think WE have issues?

That's 4-3 headed into Dallas sans Romo and Bryant. I know that's not a guarantee but it damn well should be.

HUGE matchup at home on SNF against the Cardinals. If we are coming in to that game at 5-3 I am calling 6-3 after the game right now. When this team gets on a roll, they are the most deadly team in the entire NFL.

Then it's 49ers at home (7-3) and Steelers (8-3 F them).

The rest of the schedule will be challenging but completely doable. The entire point of this thread is to keep your head about ya after next Sunday. IF we lose, this season is just beginning.

I still have the Seahawks in SB 50 and nothing has changed my mind yet.

RussB

Reaction score
Losing to the bengals wouldnt be a big deal. They are just a playing very well right now. But i think the hawks will beat the bengals and upset them like the rams did to the cardinals. they arent unbeatable

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I agree. We started 3-3 last year. If we can survive this brutal early schedule, we should be able to get to 11 or 12 wins still.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And for the record, I will have no problem letting .NET Nation know when it's time, to finally, panic. :lol:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rocket":20bahnbk said:
Nice chess lesson by Dr. Breda.

No checkmate though. That will only happen if I can keep these threads up for 12 more weeks. :mrgreen:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd say we have to be better than 2-4 after the Panthers. The tough stretch is coming in November, with almost all of our division games packed in the last 8 games.

At 2-4, the likelihood we make 10 wins is looking slim. Not so much a knock on us as it is the competition stiffens over that stretch.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't think any Hawk fans are thinking of panicking if we go to 2-3. This team was 3-3 through 6 games last year and reached the SB.

I'd maybe panic at 2-3 if the schedule wasn't favorable after, but it looks like a cake-walk up until the later part of the schedule.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. We lose to the Panthers at home and go 2-4 I would say our chances to make it to the post season and beyond takes a fatal blow.

I don't see that happening for what it's worth.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1zy89jqe said:
I don't think any Hawk fans are thinking of panicking if we go to 2-3. This team was 3-3 through 6 games last year and reached the SB.

I'd maybe panic at 2-3 if the schedule wasn't favorable after, but it looks like a cake-walk up until the later part of the schedule.

Agreed, I think we need to win one of the next two.

Carolina, considering its at home and an NFC contender would be the "better" and more likely of the two games.

Win both and we are sitting VERY pretty.

Lose both and our margin of error disappears. In fact, we likely will have to win an unexpected game to make up for it down the stretch.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1nqabwn6 said:

Wow you kinda underestimate your brothers and sisters. ;)

OH THERE'S PANIC AT 2-3 BABY!! Have you read this forum after a loss? ;)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think the club saw the writing on the wall, maybe even last year.

And they are making a transition, a transition that might be painful. (Though I am still confused how filling our line with ex-DTs fits this mission).

We were a team that won by grinding the other team down with a HOF quality RB, and then when occasionally stymied, we got our all-star QB to convert key third downs. Sprinkled in were deep shots downfield, so that the opposing defense could not just pack it in. Giving our offense so much time on the field allowed our defense to shut down the opposing offense, which further wore down the opposing defense. Still, the engine that drove everything was a near unstoppable run game that you could only shut down by selling out against.

In short, we run by gaining yards in chunks and slowly but surely wearing down the opposing defense - which made it easy for Wilson to clean up afterwards.

Clearly we decided to bet big on turning this into a passing team, carried on Wilson's not Lynch's shoulders. With Lynch hurt, that makes sense. Only bet they could make really.

But to make us better in the passing game, we decided to gut the OL, or we allowed it to wither (release Unger & Carp). That kills our run game anyway, but no run game makes the pass game that much harder. Pretty clear the defenses are selling out against the QB, because they know the run game can barely hurt them.

Is that something we can come back from? Do we even know how to score in bunches like a scoring team does? Will our defense be able to apply constant pressure if they are on the field much much more than usual?

We changed the equation.

Wilson is good enough to win or even carry this team, but he is going to have to learn how to do it. Right now, we don't have the pieces to pull this off anyway. Again, back to the "Steelers" analogy and how long it took them to go from a dominant defense/run team to a very good defense/pass team. Then they got Bell and now they have both, but there were a couple of hiccups between.

I expect the same. That isn't cause to "panic" it just means the window for the one type of team might close and we might need to wait a bit for the window for the other type to open. I believe or hope that Wilson has 1-2 more SB trips coming, but unless things radically revert back (magically?) I doubt it is this year.

Though it would be awesome to be wrong on this.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Moot points all around because the Seahawks will be 3-2 after they play the been gals.

rjdriver

Reaction score
What sucks is there is no sneaking up on anyone these days. Everyone gets up for the Hawks.

Bottom line is that the we will have to win on the road in the playoffs to make it to Super Bowl 50. It will be another opportunity to quiet the doubters who say the only reason we make it is HFA.

Yes, I'm that confident we are going to make the playoffs.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Aros":yh24kn2j said:
Hawk-Lock":yh24kn2j said:

Wow you kinda underestimate your brothers and sisters. ;)

OH THERE'S PANIC AT 2-3 BABY!! Have you read this forum after a loss? ;)

Hah you make a great point. Most times the sky is falling even after a win.

But yes I agree, no need to panic. I'm kind of expecting a loss on Sunday, I just hope we play well, particularly the OLine.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rjdriver":2nmjp9po said:
What sucks is there is no sneaking up on anyone these days. Everyone gets up for the Hawks.

Bottom line is that the we will have to win on the road in the playoffs to make it to Super Bowl 50. It will be another opportunity to quiet the doubters who say the only reason we make it is HFA.

Yes, I'm that confident we are going to make the playoffs.

Of course we will make the playoffs.

at 3-3. 6-4, everyone was confident that we would have to win on the road last year too.

Although Green Bay looks tough its a long season, and anything can happen.

Although, I have no doubt this team can win on the road if needed.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
It wouldn't be the time to panic necessarily, but if we lose because our offense can't sustain drives and our defense gets tired then that would be cause to panic a bit.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BUMP for obvious reasons. Christ this place is a downer after a loss. :177692: