Pete's Wednesday Press Conference

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that Pete was a bit "edgey" today? He seemed to take umbrage at several of the questions. I had not noticed this in Pete in this year's previous conferences. I'm sensing that he is not at all pleased with the play of certain players and perhaps with the performance of certain coaches.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
The only thing holding us back is the Oline, what did he say about them today?

Exittium

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":n9vqdcsi said:
And bevell :)

Ill toss cable in there just because his Oline.. Yes I agree.. :th2thumbs:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":26ahk35h said:

Probably that he wishes we had more than chicken scraps left over to pay our oline since we have so much money locked up elsewhere

Scottemojo

Reaction score
2nd I have heard him talk about holding the ball.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1e5ygbze said:
Hawkpower":1e5ygbze said:
Scottemojo":1e5ygbze said:

What is referring to when he says this?
Russ not getting rid of the ball soon enough.

Thanks.

Hopefully the coaching staff is continuing to work with him on this.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2302blwf said:
Hawkpower":2302blwf said:
Scottemojo":2302blwf said:

What is referring to when he says this?
Russ not getting rid of the ball soon enough.

Smart coach, he sees what everyone else sees. I am glad he has acknowledged it so that we as fans can all agree there is room for improvement for Russ as well. Sometimes we all gets so bogged down emotionally in loving our QB that we overlook genuine discussions about where he can improve. I am sure Russ will work hard on this and get it fixed with everything else he has learned over the years.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Are you saying that the only clear answer Pete gave to questions about our awful offensive line was that It's Wilson's fault?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1kdttgct said:
Are you saying that the only clear answer Pete gave to questions about our awful offensive line was that It's Wilson's fault?
I'm not saying that. He mentioned Britt with a technique issue.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2xlz9ywu said:
Did anyone else notice that Pete was a bit "edgey" today? He seemed to take umbrage at several of the questions. I had not noticed this in Pete in this year's previous conferences. I'm sensing that he is not at all pleased with the play of certain players and perhaps with the performance of certain coaches.
Way to spin off your own perceptions of Pete's mood from what you noticed at a press conference. You really are inside his head. Joke.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1432dmm5 said:
brimsalabim":1432dmm5 said:
Oh. Well as long as he can get Britt's technique issue fixed we should be good to go.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
brimsalabim":36gaao8b said:
Scottemojo":36gaao8b said:
brimsalabim":36gaao8b said:
Oh. Well as long as he can get Britt's technique issue fixed we should be good to go.

Wilson getting the football out at the same rate that the rest of the league's QB's do would be nice as well.

Its a two headed monster right now.

OP
OP
B

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":20ee6u5e said:
Bigpumpkin":20ee6u5e said:
Way to spin off your own perceptions of Pete's mood from what you noticed at a press conference. You really are inside his head. Joke.

I was referring to his mannerisms, his sharpness of tone and his word structure. This has nothing to due with a "mind meld".

erik2690

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2j0no123 said:
brimsalabim":2j0no123 said:
Scottemojo":2j0no123 said:
brimsalabim":2j0no123 said:

Wilson getting the football out at the same rate that the rest of the league's QB's do would be nice as well.

I'd like some gifs from the game that really highlight this idea because I'm just not really seeing it with any great frequency from the plays I've seen reviewed from MNF. He gets a clean pocket and throws a dart for a TD from it to Doug. The TD fumble I clocked at a hair over 1 second before the guy was at him. I'm not saying this doesn't happen, he surely should get rid of it quicker at times, but without proof from this game I find it hard to imagine the split is anywhere close to 50-50 on what the issue is with protection.

He's completed 76.3 percent of his passes when he stays in the pocket. I think he can get it out quicker, but I find the inconsistency of there being a pocket available stands out much more. When you can't trust the thing to hold up for 2 seconds several times then it gets a bit tricky to just sit in there when you have the scramble in your back pocket.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

Its a two headed monster right now.[/quote]

I'd like some gifs from the game that really highlight this idea because I'm just not really seeing it with any great frequency from the plays I've seen reviewed from MNF. He gets a clean pocket and throws a dart for a TD from it to Doug. The TD fumble I clocked at a hair over 1 second before the guy was at him. I'm not saying this doesn't happen, he surely should get rid of it quicker at times, but without proof from this game I find it hard to imagine the split is anywhere close to 50-50 on what the issue is with protection.[/quote]

There is another thread.....not sure which one, which shows the gifs of his sacks.

1-2 of the sacks were the o-lines fault, no question. The rest were cases where typical NFL QB's throw the ball.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":jhq9od5r said:

I'd like some gifs from the game that really highlight this idea because I'm just not really seeing it with any great frequency from the plays I've seen reviewed from MNF. He gets a clean pocket and throws a dart for a TD from it to Doug. The TD fumble I clocked at a hair over 1 second before the guy was at him. I'm not saying this doesn't happen, he surely should get rid of it quicker at times, but without proof from this game I find it hard to imagine the split is anywhere close to 50-50 on what the issue is with protection.[/quote]

There is another thread.....not sure which one, which shows the gifs of his sacks.

1-2 of the sacks were the o-lines fault, no question. The rest were cases where typical NFL QB's throw the ball.[/quote]
Defenses study films on the weak points of the upcoming Offenses, and practice rigorously to nullify their effective tendencies.
Russell Wilson knows where the weaknesses are likely going to foldup, and his protection evaporate.
Trying to predict where a breech is possibly to take place, RW tries to scramble on broken plays, because that's just who he is.
Now for the most part, he can, and has turned a LOT of crappy protection breakdowns into some outstanding plays, and his QB rating proves it.
Not many, if any QB's, could do, or even try to do what he does.
I just hope that he can keep avoiding the big hits, because there are Defenses out there that are doing everything they can to home in on, and take him out.
There are cheap shot dorks like Clay Mathews and a few others, that would, and will try, I just hope that they all fail miserably.