I Come in Peace

gupps

Reaction score
Long time Bengal fan here to hopefully have a semi-civilized discussion on the game this weekend (I'm not here to talk smack). It should be a good game and one of the better ones this weekend. Hopefully this is the correct forum to put this in. Anyways, here goes.

OL Bengals Oline is legit, excellent pass blockers and none to shabby at run blocking. The only real weak spot is center, where 2nd year player Bodine has trouble with large nose tackles. LT Whitworth is one of the better tackles in the league.

WR/TE AJ Green is a Pro Bowler, Marvin Jones (injured last year) is very good, and Mo Sanu is a decent 3rd receiver (who can also throw the ball). TE Eifert (also injured last year) had a monster 1st game but has tailed off some. I don't think anyone else will put the fear of god in your defense.

RB Bernard and Hill are probably top 5 RB duo in the league. Hewitt (FB/FB/TE) is mostly a blocker. Rex Burkhead usually only sees action as a pass catcher.

QB Andy Dalton is tearing it up so far this year and no one is quite sure why. It's either a} The light has finally come on.. b) he is getting excellent protection so he can scan the field..or c) Bad Andy is locked up in an undisclosed location with all the hookers and blow he can handle. I'm willing to entertain any combination of the above. He's been throwing darts and has shown an arm strength I didn't know he had.

DL Geno Atkins is back andf he is what makes the Bengals Dline go. He's strong as an ox and a very quick first step. Peko is mostly a space filler. Dunlap and Johnson are ends. The Bengals like to rotate their dlinemen throughout the game to keep them fresh. Strength of the d and maybe the team.

LB Weakest unit on the team IMHO (until Burfict gets back) that gets abused by TEs and WRs. Maualuga is a decent run stuffer no one else really stands out.

CB/S WAs a strength at the beginnig of the year but injuries have taken their toll. Jones is hurt and Kirkpatrick is also. Free safety Iloka may be coming back from an ankle injury this week. Hall does a good job in the slot.

ST Huber is a great punter, Nugent is meh as a kicker. Return teams are ok..

I figure it will be a low scoring game. Yall have an excellent D and a so so O, we have an excellent O with a so so D. If this was being played in Seattle id would pick the Seahawks, but since it's being played in Cincy:

Good Guys (us) 20

Bad Guys (yall) 13

:)

Here's to an injury free game and good luck (after this weekend of course).

Gupps

idahohawk

Reaction score
Welcome. Great post.

I expect your DL to be in Wilson's grill from the first play. Our OL is probably the worst in the NFL, so I'm not expecting much.

We have a Beast of a RB, a super quick/savvy QB, and a TE/WR group that under normal circumstances would match up with the best defenses. Unfortunately, any route that takes more than 1.5 seconds to develop is null and void. So your secondary has nothing to worry about.

Unless a miracle occurs, and our OL figures out how to be mediocre, this will be a long day for our Hawks.

Maybe SEA will win this one 13-10 with 2 FGs off good returns, & a TD off a turnover or KR. Because this offense has shown zero ability to generate points. Maybe the rejuvenated LOB, led by our holdout SS can pull off a miracle here.

gupps":4kvu4veb said:
Long time Bengal fan here to hopefully have a semi-civilized discussion on the game this weekend (I'm not here to talk smack). It should be a good game and one of the better ones this weekend. Hopefully this is the correct forum to put this in. Anyways, here goes.

OL Bengals Oline is legit, excellent pass blockers and none to shabby at run blocking. The only real weak spot is center, where 2nd year player Bodine has trouble with large nose tackles. LT Whitworth is one of the better tackles in the league.

WR/TE AJ Green is a Pro Bowler, Marvin Jones (injured last year) is very good, and Mo Sanu is a decent 3rd receiver (who can also throw the ball). TE Eifert (also injured last year) had a monster 1st game but has tailed off some. I don't think anyone else will put the fear of god in your defense.

RB Bernard and Hill are probably top 5 RB duo in the league. Hewitt (FB/FB/TE) is mostly a blocker. Rex Burkhead usually only sees action as a pass catcher.

QB Andy Dalton is tearing it up so far this year and no one is quite sure why. It's either a} The light has finally come on.. b) he is getting excellent protection so he can scan the field..or c) Bad Andy is locked up in an undisclosed location with all the hookers and blow he can handle. I'm willing to entertain any combination of the above. He's been throwing darts and has shown an arm strength I didn't know he had.

DL Geno Atkins is back andf he is what makes the Bengals Dline go. He's strong as an ox and a very quick first step. Peko is mostly a space filler. Dunlap and Johnson are ends. The Bengals like to rotate their dlinemen throughout the game to keep them fresh. Strength of the d and maybe the team.

LB Weakest unit on the team IMHO (until Burfict gets back) that gets abused by TEs and WRs. Maualuga is a decent run stuffer no one else really stands out.

CB/S WAs a strength at the beginnig of the year but injuries have taken their toll. Jones is hurt and Kirkpatrick is also. Free safety Iloka may be coming back from an ankle injury this week. Hall does a good job in the slot.

I figure it will be a low scoring game. Yall have an excellent D and a so so O, we have an excellent O with a so so D. If this was being played in Seattle id would pick the Seahawks, but since it's being played in Cincy:

Good Guys (us) 20

Bad Guys (yall) 13

Gupps

ringless

Reaction score
gupps":33xcisc1 said:

Good Guys (us) 20

Bad Guys (yall) 13

Gupps

I will be rooting for you this weekend.
As someone who roots for a team that unfortunately has to watch my team play Seattle twice a year there are things that typically happen in a Seahawks game. I think the Bengals take this one but in watching Seahawks games one often gets the feeling that the other team has a chance. And that typically lasts for a half before the wheels come undone and Seattle takes total control of the game.

My first question for you is how are your OLB's, DE's in contain? Most teams have success when they can keep Wilson in the pocket. When I watch a Seahawks game I see a LB come barreling at Wilson and I start screaming in celebration before he does this magical twirl, makes a second defender miss and delivers a bomb on a broken play. It will happen to the Bengals this weekend and fans will think its luck but its not because its a weekly miracle. CONTAIN!!!

How fast has the Bengals offense started so far during the season? A lot of times it seems teams are hanging around in the first half, and they are almost always low scoring because the Seahawks Defense can be suffocating. Eventually you see the field position moving backwards for your beloved team as drive after drive stalls. On the other end of the fence your defense that appeared to be holding up eventually breaks.

If Seattle gets up two scores the game is over. Unless your the Lions. Once they take away one dimension from you and your forced to pass you are going up against the strength of the defense.

Their biggest weakness is most certainly the OL. It's like trying to scoop up a handful of sand and hoping none falls through.

In any case, best of luck to the both of us!

byau

Reaction score
"You leave .. in pieces"

haha

gupps":2pbffwf5 said:

WELCOME!

Good post. From a simplified perspective, I'm thinking which matchup scores more points:

Bengals O vs Seahawks D

I am really excited to see the first matchup. I don't believe any of the "I won't believe in Dalton until I see him win a playoff game" because, well, this isn't a playoff game. So it's moot. That being said, this is probably the most well balance offenses I think the Bengals have had in a long time. However, you are going against one of the best defenses in the league that almost has two shutouts (the two scores by the Lions were off of uncharacteristic Russell Wilson fumbles). I really am looking forward to this. I think the Seahawks hold them 14 or 17.

Bengals D vs Seahawks O

Correct me if I'm wrong, the Bengals are sporting an improved defense (not fantastic, but a high ceiling D-line). You're facing a very under performing offense with many O-line struggles. Great job against the Packers. Bears = hard to tell. Lions = terrible. I think the O-line is set for a great game and the receiving corps and Russell are getting better. Without Marshawn and Rawls on the backfield, it could be tough going.

A lot of people will expect the Bengals D-line to shred the Seahawks O-line. My head tells me the Hawks are in for a long day. For some reason my heart tells me the offense is due for a big day, both the O-line and the receiving corps and Jimmy Graham too. I think the Seahawks are able to get ... haha ..14 to 17

Good Guys (us) 20

Bad Guys (yall) 13

I'm with you.. I think close game. Someone else posted that it will come down to an "OOPS" or "OMFG" play by either team, I see it being a one score game down to the wire, and the one team that pushes it over the edge will get that final score to win. I call it 20 to 17.

Head says Bengals. Heart says Seahawks

Gupps

Here's to an injury free game and good luck... HAWKS

Thanks for visiting man

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Good luck to your team. I am going and sporting my colors. I come in peace too....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1y9xnqfk said:
He came in peace! Get him!
Famous first words of most trolls. If he keeps his word cool, we can always use more cool posters from opposing fan bases.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ringless":1qg7pt8p said:
gupps":1qg7pt8p said:

Honestly the only reason Cincinnati might win is because of our ridiculously horrible OL and the fact it's an early game in Cincinnati.

Good Guys (us) 20

Bad Guys (yall) 13

Gupps

As someone who roots for a team that unfortunately has to watch my team play Seattle twice a year there are things that typically happen in a Seahawks game. I think the Bengals take this one but in watching Seahawks games one often gets the feeling that the other team has a chance. And that typically lasts for a half before the wheels come undone and Seattle takes total control of the game.

My first question for you is how are your OLB's, DE's in contain? Most teams have success when they can keep Wilson in the pocket. When I watch a Seahawks game I see a LB come barreling at Wilson and I start screaming in celebration before he does this magical twirl, makes a second defender miss and delivers a bomb on a broken play. It will happen to the Bengals this weekend and fans will think its luck but its not because its a weekly miracle. CONTAIN!!!

How fast has the Bengals offense started so far during the season? A lot of times it seems teams are hanging around in the first half, and they are almost always low scoring because the Seahawks Defense can be suffocating. Eventually you see the field position moving backwards for your beloved team as drive after drive stalls. On the other end of the fence your defense that appeared to be holding up eventually breaks.

If Seattle gets up two scores the game is over. Unless your the Lions. Once they take away one dimension from you and your forced to pass you are going up against the strength of the defense.

Their biggest weakness is most certainly the OL. It's like trying to scoop up a handful of sand and hoping none falls through.

As a person that has the pleasure of watching Cincinnati now and again it's all about stopping AJ Green. They don't start especially fast on offense and count on chunk plays via letting Bernard run. Stop Bernard and don't let Green free releases off the line you're in the game since it's up to Dalton at that point and it isn't like he's actually changed that much.

They have weapons no doubt but similar to Detroit and Calvin Johnson it's the AJ Green show. The line is correct it's pretty much a coin flip game. Luckily our special teams are back to being stellar like usual.

ringless

Reaction score
2Cool4School":2001xy4b said:
Please come back and post here after the hawks upset your team.

I wouldn't be so confident, they barely beat the only team without a win in the NFL by about 6"

Any given Sunday. If it was a sure thing Seattle certainly wouldn't be 2-2 right now. And barely escaped 1-3 on an Amazing play by Kam

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1wvuej76 said:
ringless":1wvuej76 said:
gupps":1wvuej76 said:

Honestly the only reason Cincinnati might win is because of our ridiculously horrible OL and the fact it's an early game in Cincinnati.

Good Guys (us) 20

Bad Guys (yall) 13

Gupps

As a person that has the pleasure of watching Cincinnati now and again it's all about stopping AJ Green. They don't start especially fast on offense and count on chunk plays via letting Bernard run. Stop Bernard and don't let Green free releases off the line you're in the game since it's up to Dalton at that point and it isn't like he's actually changed that much.

They have weapons no doubt but similar to Detroit and Calvin Johnson it's the AJ Green show. The line is correct it's pretty much a coin flip game. Luckily our special teams are back to being stellar like usual.

He's having by far the best year of his career; is averaging and/ or will likely hit career highs across the board. Been sacked twice…which- for his agility- suggests they have a very stout line. It's amazing what a very stout OLine can provide an offense full of weaponry. Even a career average QB can vault into the 120+ QBR range.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I've always like the Bengals. Loved Boomer, Brooks, Woods, McGee... not Collinsworth haha. One of the teams I tend to silently root for. Not this weekend, though. This weekend will be a big test for us but I hope for a trouncing, although I do not expect it. Good luck and GODSPEED!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Welcome to .Net
Thanks for the respectful post.
Your observations are fair and most of us here have concerns for this game. Your prediction may very well come true. Being a TCU fan I pull for A.D. but I won't be this week.
Good luck to you and your boys.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2h4pitv7 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2h4pitv7 said:
ringless":2h4pitv7 said:
gupps":2h4pitv7 said:

Good Guys (us) 20

Bad Guys (yall) 13

Gupps

He's having by far the best year of his career; is averaging and/ or will likely hit career highs across the board. Been sacked twice…which- for his agility- suggests they have a very stout line. It's amazing what a very stout OLine can provide an offense full of weaponry. Even a career average QB can vault into the 120+ QBR range.
Especially against crap secondaries. Yeah, even Kansas City was playing second string and worse with a ridiculous coverage scheme that game and they were the only team among those four that MIGHT win more than seven games this year.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Welcome aboard, mate. Hope you stay a while longer than just for this matchup. That being said, this game is gonna be interesting for a number of reasons, the foremost being that it's two powerhouses that just might be a Super Bowl matchup. Of course, a lot of things have to go right for both teams to make it, but there's a chance.

We're a pretty solid team throughout, with either status quo maintained or upgraded in most areas. The glaring, obvious, elephant-in-the-room exception is the offensive line. As of right now, they're about 99% offensive and 1% line. This needs to change if we're going to make a good run at it again this year. Wilson makes up for a lot of the difference, but even a mobile quarterback behind that line is a gambler's nighmare. Very Bad Things™ are bound to rear their ugly heads before too long if things aren't fixed.

That all being said, I think you're probably as spot on as anyone making a prediction for the final score. Heart says the numbers will be reversed, but head says you're probably right as is.

Here's to a great, injury-free game for both teams. And may we meet again in the playoffs.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
ringless":3oidaag7 said:
2Cool4School":3oidaag7 said:
Please come back and post here after the hawks upset your team.

I wouldn't be so confident, they barely beat the only team without a win in the NFL by about 6"

Any given Sunday. If it was a sure thing Seattle certainly wouldn't be 2-2 right now. And barely escaped 1-3 on an Amazing play by Kam

Oh, barely escaped, yep!.....after spotting the Lions two Wilson fumbles, which turn into the Lions only points in the game. You're sure a dramatic hater, errr I mean totally objective opposing fan.

Largent80

Reaction score
Thanks for that run down and you can easily find scoops on our team here in various threads.

It is being wildly disputed and in my opinion, correctly that our o line could be the worst in the league.

Luckily we have Russel Wilson, hopefully beast mode will be back this week, but the offense is lacking identity and is playing without execution.

10 am west coast time games have historically been bad for the Hawks, but we do have a fine defense and kick return game that could go along way in assisting a Seahawks win.