Who have the Bengals played this season?

RussB

Reaction score
Seen alot of people worried and the bengals game and saying things like "they are going to blow is out" etc. They have been playing well but not against the toughest teams out there so the bengals 4-0 record isnt that impressive when you look at it. They havent played teams like the packers or broncos or even the panthers. Hawks will be the best defense they have faced all year so far.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Personally eye test tells me they are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFL.

We Just have too much going against us for people to have faith in us winning this game. 10 AM, short week, away game.Kryptonite for a hawks even with a DECENT oline.

We've never been blown out so i don't expect that. We will definitely keep it close, but as it stands, the bengals right now are a better team with a better situation to win.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
They've played OAK, SD, BAL, and KC. You're welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kpak76

Reaction score
blazen2392":2vtzlpw3 said:
personally eye test tells me they are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFL.

We Just have too much going against us for people to have faith in us winning this game. 10 AM, short week, away game.Kryptonite for a hawks even with a DECENT oline.

We've never been blown out so i don't expect that. We will definitely keep it close, but as it stands, the bengals right now are a better team with a better situation to win.

Why is everyone so jacked up about the 10AM start time? This is a new era with Carroll and that has not been a problem at all. This narrative about a start time effecting everyone is so silly.

I'd like to point out that out bad "history" of 10 AM start time is most likely due to the team being on the road than anything else.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
2Cool4School":2vxcsoko said:
Seen alot of people worried and the bengals game and saying things like "they are going to blow is out" etc. They have been playing well but not against the toughest teams out there so the bengals 4-0 record isnt that impressive when you look at it. They havent played teams like the packers or broncos or even the panthers. Hawks will be the best defense they have faced all year so far.

People are saying that we're going to get blown out?

To be fair though, we scratched out two W's against teams with one combined win- at home. Chicago barely beat Oakland at home- in OT.

I feel where folks are coming from; I can see similar scenarios in my head. I honestly believe we win this game outright though. If we do get blown out, it would be the first under RW.

blazen2392

Reaction score
kpak76":f1i86g62 said:
blazen2392":f1i86g62 said:

Why is everyone so jacked up about the 10AM start time? This is a new era with Carroll and that has not been a problem at all. This narrative about a start time effecting everyone is so silly.

It even JUST HAPPENED RECENTLY. we lost to the rams! It has most definitely been a HUGE problem for us. Everything is just worse for us at 10 AM. Tackling, blocking, mental mistakes.

Remind me of the last 10 AM game we got up to play?

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
blazen2392":1xa7swwq said:
kpak76":1xa7swwq said:
blazen2392":1xa7swwq said:

It even JUST HAPPENED RECENTLY. we lost to the rams! It has most definitely been a HUGE problem for us. Everything is just worse for us at 10 AM. Tackling, blocking, mental mistakes.

Rams just beat the cardinals.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
If hawks had the same schedule as the bengals they would also be 4-0. I dont think the bengals are as good as they seem. what might happen is they will start playing too overconfident against the LOB with thier 4-0 record and turnovers will happen and hawks win, they havent seen a defense like this in a while

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
blazen2392":od6i6f2o said:
kpak76":od6i6f2o said:
blazen2392":od6i6f2o said:

My most productive parts of the day occurs at two different times: when I need to be mentally focused for work, my peak productivity is absolutely the 10-12 am timeframe.

The other most productive part of my day is the two hours immediately following a nice, brisk workout.

Why would 10 am be different from 1 pm assuming both are road games? Just wondering.

blazen2392

Reaction score
2Cool4School":aq756d5g said:
blazen2392":aq756d5g said:
kpak76":aq756d5g said:
blazen2392":aq756d5g said:

So what?

marko358

Reaction score
2Cool4School":59axnpx3 said:
If hawks had the same schedule as the bengals they would also be 4-0.

The Hawks squeaked by the winless Lions by 3 points at home, in primetime. Not sure how that translates into definitively beating those other 4 teams.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1orif65q said:
blazen2392":1orif65q said:
kpak76":1orif65q said:
blazen2392":1orif65q said:

Which was effectively a 3 pm game for the Rams.

blazen2392

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":15hdlggs said:
blazen2392":15hdlggs said:
kpak76":15hdlggs said:
blazen2392":15hdlggs said:

My most productive parts of the day occurs at two different times: when I need to be mentally focused for work, my peak productivity is absolutely the 10-12 am timeframe.

The other most productive part of my day is the two hours immediately following a nice, brisk workout.

Why would 10 am be different from 1 pm assuming both are road games? Just wondering.

Who knows. Why do teams play better at home? my guess would be moving three hours forward slightly screws with your mind and your body, Just enough to make you a step slower, or make that one mental mistake to blow the game for you.

People also forgot how huge of an advantage a longer week is. Better rested with an extra day of preparations.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
marko358":2tnr4fph said:
2Cool4School":2tnr4fph said:
If hawks had the same schedule as the bengals they would also be 4-0.

The Hawks squeaked by the winless Lions by 3 points at home, in primetime. Not sure how that translates into definitively beating those other 4 teams.
That is true..but im just trying to say the bengals can and WILL be beat. for anyone saying otherwise.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3mbehcty said:
If hawks had the same schedule as the bengals they would also be 4-0. I dont think the bengals are as good as they seem. what might happen is they will start playing too overconfident against the LOB with thier 4-0 record and turnovers will happen and hawks win, they havent seen a defense like this in a while

Two of those teams handed us defeats last season and we have probably regressed slightly.

So who is overconfident again?

blazen2392

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":1k0h7ba1 said:
2Cool4School":1k0h7ba1 said:

Two of those teams handed us defeats last season and we have probably regressed slightly.

gotta love the 16-0 homerlolz crew. It's not like we are saying our season is over or we are giving up on our superbowl aspirations. Its one of those games that if we were to loose games this season, this one would be high up on the list. We can obviously beats them as its the NFL, but if i had to put money on it i would put it on the bengals. Same situation with greenbay, but situationally we are in a worse position to win this game than we were then.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
blazen2392":2dgm8w2b said:
LoneHawkFan":2dgm8w2b said:

Who knows. Why do teams play better at home? my guess would be moving three hours forward slightly screws with your mind and your body, Just enough to make you a step slower, or make that one mental mistake to blow the game for you.

People also forgot how huge of an advantage a longer week is. Better rested with an extra day of preparations.

Moving TWO hours forward puts your mind in it's prime focus time.

The point is that most of our road games every year involve the two hour deal, so naturally of course we lose more 10 am games. That's 3rd grade math. ALL road games are harder...most likely has very little to do w 10 am.

I agree absolutely about going Monday to Sunday though, that one day less probably makes a bit more of a difference than 10 am.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
blazen2392":2gh0itcd said:
LoneHawkFan":2gh0itcd said:
2Cool4School":2gh0itcd said:

gotta love the 16-0 homerlolz crew. It's not like we are saying our season is over or we are giving up on our superbowl aspirations. Its one of those games that if we were to loose games this season, this one would be high up on the list. We can obviously beats them as its the NFL, but if i had to put money on it i would put it on the bengals. Same situation with greenbay, but situationally we are in a worse position to win this game than we were then.

Are you talking to me? Are you saying I'm a 16-0 homerlolz crew member?

blazen2392

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":td7a3o8h said:
blazen2392":td7a3o8h said:
LoneHawkFan":td7a3o8h said:
2Cool4School":td7a3o8h said:

Are you talking to me? Are you saying I'm a 16-0 homerlolz crew member?

no lol. Im talking to OP. Thought you where him/her.