Andy Dalton is due for an Andy Dalton performacne

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
He's played over his head for four straight games. His due for an Andy Dalton like 12-28, 123 yrds and three pick game.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Counting on Dalton to do bad to win this game wouldn't be a smart idea. Our defense will do their thing but lets focus on how well prepared our oline is this week to handle Geno Atkins, Dunlap, & those guys. We are a run first team and we need to start running the ball better then we have a solid chance to win this game.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I think it will depend of the Hawks D line, I was disappointed they didn't get to Stafford. They are going to have to disrupt Dalton to have a chance in Cinci. :thfight7:

On the other hand I'm feeling a better performance by the O-line. Call it wishful thinking, but I think this week in the face of adversity they take a step forward. :snack:

Statistically, Wilson will have a better game than Dalton, If the D plays like thay have been it will be enough to win. Earlier in the week I predicted a Wilson to Graham score in the last 2 minutes for the win. :th2thumbs:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
dbsn2420":2fg1sg7y said:
I think it will depend of the Hawks D line, I was disappointed they didn't get to Stafford. They are going to have to disrupt Dalton to have a chance in Cinci. :thfight7:

Just because they didn't sack Stafford doesn't mean they didn't pressure him. They got to Stafford many times, he narrowly escaped disaster twice.

The Bengals have faced the following defenses:

Raiders (31st overall)
Chiefs (28th overall)
Chargers (16th overall)
Ravens (14th overall .. ranking got a big spike with the Steelers game)

Dalton has yet to really be tested

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dalton is awesome in the fall...........winter and playoffs? Not so much.

So a lot to ask for him to be January Dalton-esque in October.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":kl8fl5wv said:

Our defense has a way of making a lot of QB's look like January Dalton.

Ultimately this game will be decided by how well our offense can get going. Cincy is 27th overall in pass defense, but with our OL.. we may not get to test that.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I fully expect our defense to keep the game close. As others have mentioned, it comes down to our O-Line. Rather than a cluster intercourse, if we just improve to a dumpster fire, I will be happy. Bengals special teams are toward the bottom of the league according to football outsiders. I expect No-E to have at least one big return.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":g1uf43o9 said:
Sgt. Largent":g1uf43o9 said:

Our defense has a way of making a lot of QB's look like January Dalton.

Ultimately this game will be decided by how well our offense can get going. Cincy is 27th overall in pass defense, but with our OL.. we may not get to test that.

True dat.

Our defense matches up well with Cincy's offense, we're good at limiting the passing game.

The problem is they have a good front 7, so I fully expect another supremely frustrating performance from the offense.

If the D can keep Cincy under 17 or 20 points, we have a shot I think..........and even that many points make me nervous for how our offense is playing.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
His ginger powers won't work on us...we have one too. :th2thumbs:

blue 22

Reaction score
I was being pretty negative in the chat last week about our chances, but for some reason I think we are gonna turn the bad play around and stomp cincy. Probably wrong!

DeeHawks

Reaction score
HommyHawk":n2ppae1n said:
His ginger powers won't work on us...we have one too. :th2thumbs:
I just hope the ginger throws a few picks our way...

Oh, and our ginger is better than their ginger. :p

DeeHawks

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":1z37cwys said:
He's played over his head for four straight games. His due for an Andy Dalton like 12-28, 123 yrds and three pick game.

Three picks would be awesome. Hope our D line is able to disrupt him .

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
If our defense couldn't get a single sack against the 32nd ranked Lions offensive line, going against the Bengals 6th ranked offensive line is going to make for a long day. It also has the potential to make Andy Dalton continue to look very good.

However, if Dalton throws up a bunch of long balls trying to make his receivers beat our corners, it could be a very long and ugly day for him and the Bengals. To win against the Seahawks, he might have to adjust his game to a style he's not been used to playing lately.

And as far as the topic of gingers go, our ginger has thrown the same number of playoff touchdowns as theirs, but with six fewer interceptions.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1i42lfwx said:
If our defense couldn't get a single sack against the 32nd ranked Lions offensive line, going against the Bengals 6th ranked offensive line is going to make for a long day. It also has the potential to make Andy Dalton continue to look very good.

However, if Dalton throws up a bunch of long balls trying to make his receivers beat our corners, it could be a very long and ugly day for him and the Bengals. To win against the Seahawks, he might have to adjust his game to a style he's not been used to playing lately.

And as far as the topic of gingers go, our ginger has thrown the same number of playoff touchdowns as theirs, but with six fewer interceptions.

Ha Ha !!! I was right, our ginger really is better than their ginger.
Especially in the playoffs.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I hope so. Here's the thing. The template is out on Seattle,even Pete admitted to the fact that they don't have as many INTs because teams are using short quick passes.

Dalton isn't a short quick passer type. He's a 5 step drop, throw it 45 yards down field. If we can get some pressure< think we match up well against this passing offense.

Can the offense get over 20 points on their own? I don't think so, but if they do, I think we'll win.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Dont forget per Locketts pattern, he houses a special teams play this week.

WhoDeyNation

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":wt24cdm9 said:
dbsn2420":wt24cdm9 said:

Just because they didn't sack Stafford doesn't mean they didn't pressure him. They got to Stafford many times, he narrowly escaped disaster twice.

The Bengals have faced the following defenses:

Raiders (31st overall)
Chiefs (28th overall)
Chargers (16th overall)
Ravens (14th overall .. ranking got a big spike with the Steelers game)

Dalton has yet to really be tested

Nothing like pulling out statistics for overall defense on week 4. If we're going to talk about overall team stats at week 4, we could also talk about how the 31st ranked offense put 34 points on the Seahawks in week 1. SEA has played two of the worst offenses in the league, at home. The Seattle defense has been tested, and it wasn't very pretty. We'll see how big of a difference one player makes against one of the best Offensive Lines and weapons at every offensive position.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
WhoDeyNation":37h4tgof said:
Nothing like pulling out statistics for overall defense on week 4. If we're going to talk about overall team stats at week 4, we could also talk about how the 31st ranked offense put 34 points on the Seahawks in week 1. SEA has played two of the worst offenses in the league, at home. The Seattle defense has been tested, and it wasn't very pretty. We'll see how big of a difference one player makes against one of the best Offensive Lines and weapons at every offensive position.

That was with no Kam Chancellor...understand your desire to crusade for your team, believe me most of us here respect the Bengals, but I don't think it's a leap to say that the Bengals have yet to play an elite defense.